[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C.J. Anderson released

DMD

17 hours ago, the lone star said:

Weighed in at 202 pounds at the combine, ESPN says 205 pounds, so yeah, probably about 210-215 now.

I like the move for CMC. Keeps him in a similar role as last year, but probably poised for a little more volume.

But I really think the Panthers should have considered someone like DeMarco instead.

I'm not fussed about weight etc, I'll believe he can carry the load in the NFL when I see it. The signing of CJ makes me think the Panthers don't want him to do that and keep him fresher to be more effective.

27 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

He weighed in at 202 at the combine and probably chugged a bunch of water to get that weight.  His playing weight is probably 190-195.  He bounces off of defenders like a ping pong.  Very few running backs of that size get heavy workloads.  Sanders, Barber, and McCoy are exceptions.  Tomlinson weighed 221 at the combine.

yeah... he's built like a small corner...he just looks unusually slight for the position... he doesn't have that short, thick build smaller backs normally possess..

22 hours ago, darin3 said:

While I don't necessarily disagree with the assumption that he caps out at 150ish carries due to the style of the Carolina offense, I have to point out that McCaffrey really isn't "diminutive".  He's not Danny Woodhead.  He's 5'11" and probably 210-215 pounds.  

Apparently he's bulked up this offseason too.  I see CMC getting more carries than last year, although still less than CJ probably.  

Problem with these player measurements is what do you use. Combine numbers may be more objective (no team enhancment), but they're also in the past at the beginning of a career.

pro football reference has

McCaffery 5-11, 205

Woodhead 5-9, 200

10 hours ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

I'm not fussed about weight etc, I'll believe he can carry the load in the NFL when I see it. The signing of CJ makes me think the Panthers don't want him to do that and keep him fresher to be more effective.

That's smart business to me. More efficient, more effective, longer career. I like it.