DMD

C.J. Anderson released

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

 

While I don't necessarily disagree with the assumption that he caps out at 150ish carries due to the style of the Carolina offense, I have to point out that McCaffrey really isn't "diminutive".  He's not Danny Woodhead.  He's 5'11" and probably 210-215 pounds.  

 

Weighed in at 202 pounds at the combine, ESPN says 205 pounds, so yeah, probably about 210-215 now.

 

I like the move for CMC. Keeps him in a similar role as last year, but probably poised for a little more volume.

 

But I really think the Panthers should have considered someone like DeMarco instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad the Colts didn't make a move: we're just overflowing with RB studs.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Caveman_Nick said:

He’s a smidge bigger than Ladanian Tomlinson.  Way too small to carry the load :lol:

 

edit:  actually a little bit lankier at 205. Closer to Sanders / Barber.  Shady McCoy.  Etc.

 

He weighed in at 202 at the combine and probably chugged a bunch of water to get that weight.  His playing weight is probably 190-195.  He bounces off of defenders like a ping pong.  Very few running backs of that size get heavy workloads.  Sanders, Barber, and McCoy are exceptions.  Tomlinson weighed 221 at the combine.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, the lone star said:

 

Weighed in at 202 pounds at the combine, ESPN says 205 pounds, so yeah, probably about 210-215 now.

 

I like the move for CMC. Keeps him in a similar role as last year, but probably poised for a little more volume.

 

But I really think the Panthers should have considered someone like DeMarco instead.

 

I'm not fussed about weight etc, I'll believe he can carry the load in the NFL when I see it. The signing of CJ makes me think the Panthers don't want him to do that and keep him fresher to be more effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

 

He weighed in at 202 at the combine and probably chugged a bunch of water to get that weight.  His playing weight is probably 190-195.  He bounces off of defenders like a ping pong.  Very few running backs of that size get heavy workloads.  Sanders, Barber, and McCoy are exceptions.  Tomlinson weighed 221 at the combine.

 

yeah... he's built like a small corner...he just looks unusually slight for the position... he doesn't have that short, thick build smaller backs normally possess..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, darin3 said:

 

While I don't necessarily disagree with the assumption that he caps out at 150ish carries due to the style of the Carolina offense, I have to point out that McCaffrey really isn't "diminutive".  He's not Danny Woodhead.  He's 5'11" and probably 210-215 pounds.  

 

Apparently he's bulked up this offseason too.  I see CMC getting more carries than last year, although still less than CJ probably.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem with these player measurements is what do you use. Combine numbers may be more objective (no team enhancment), but they're also in the past at the beginning of a career.

 

pro football reference has

McCaffery 5-11, 205

Woodhead 5-9, 200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

 

I'm not fussed about weight etc, I'll believe he can carry the load in the NFL when I see it. The signing of CJ makes me think the Panthers don't want him to do that and keep him fresher to be more effective.

 

That's smart business to me. More efficient, more effective, longer career. I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kdko said:

 

Apparently he's bulked up this offseason too.  I see CMC getting more carries than last year, although still less than CJ probably.  

 

CMC will lead CJ in total touches though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, the lone star said:

 

CMC will lead CJ in total touches though.

 

i agree.  he'll probably lead the team in total yards again too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.