[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Schedule

darin3

MIN schedule looks tough.  Arguably their four toughest non-divisional opponents are on the road (NE, PHI, LAR, and SEA).  They do get NOS at home, but other than that, I’m not sure they could have made it any more difficult, in terms of who they play at home versus on the road.  

4 minutes ago, Gopher said:

MIN schedule looks tough.  Arguably their four toughest non-divisional opponents are on the road (NE, PHI, LAR, and SEA).  They do get NOS at home, but other than that, I’m not sure they could have made it any more difficult, in terms of who they play at home versus on the road.  

Yeah looks tough.  They will be lucky to win any of those four non-divisional road games.  I suppose Seattle would be the most winnable but that's a tough spot to win as a road team.

Guess I'll take a look at Chicago's schedule ... :bag:

Bears I see going 7-9, pretty much guaranteed loses with GB opener (100 year GB anniversary), in Miami (just a thing), and DET Thanksgiving game.  December schedule is rough and early bye will not help.

Dolphins 6-10, will somehow manage to split with the Jets and Bills cause we're bad.  Wins against Bengals, Colts, Bears and some surprise game (maybe Jags?). 

Some nice divisional matchups for Thanksgiving.

Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions, 12:30 p.m. ET, CBS

Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys, 4:30 p.m. ET, FOX

Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints, 8:20 p.m. ET, NBC

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Bears I see going 7-9, pretty much guaranteed loses with GB opener (100 year GB anniversary), in Miami (just a thing), and DET Thanksgiving game.  December schedule is rough and early bye will not help.

Dolphins 6-10, will somehow manage to split with the Jets and Bills cause we're bad.  Wins against Bengals, Colts, Bears and some surprise game (maybe Jags?). 

Man I'd love to see where you came up with those 7 W's.  I count 3.  :bag:

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Man I'd love to see where you came up with those 7 W's.  I count 3.  :bag:

Seahawks, Cards, Bills, Jets, Giants, Split with the Lions and a surprise somewhere (Bucs Vikes Phins).  I guess 7-6 record going into week 14 then dropping the final 4.   

Giants are in trouble - big trouble.  The schedule did them no favors at all.  Unless they somehow steal Game 1 vs Jaguars - which I don't see happening - the Giants will most likely be 1-7 at the bye.  The can finish 5-3 or 4-4. At best - the VERY best - this is a 6-10 team.  

Here we go...9-7, miss playoffs.  Detroit and New Orleans could go either way, so I split them.  Tough call on Philly at home...they blasted us pretty good last year in Dallas.

@Carolina - LOSS
New York Giants - WIN
@Seattle - LOSS
Detroit - WIN
@Houston - LOSS
Jacksonville - LOSS
@Washington - WIN
Tennessee - WIN
@Philadelphia - LOSS
@Atlanta - LOSS
Washington - WIN
New Orleans - LOSS
Philadelphia - WIN
@Indianapolis - WIN
Tampa Bay - WIN
@New York Giants - WIN

The road for the Rams will not be easy. But I am very much looking forward to the Week 3 showdown with the Chargers. If nothing else, I'll get to see Rivers in person one last time while booing the hell out of the Charger ownership. I'll be going to this game for sure. 

FYI

Each team's opponents (including home/away) are known right after the SB is over, all the schedule does is lay them all out in order, times and if they're primetime.

I don't expect more than 4-5 wins from the Browns, and that would be a vast improvement over 1 win in 2 seasons, but more in line with our prior years.

17 hours ago, Big John said:

14 of the opponents are known years in advance.  The other 2 are determined after the end of the regular season.

Assuming division matchup within and outside conference continue the current rotation.

People who still talk about teams facing a tough schedule based on their finishing position fail to understand that only 2 of 16 games are based on that.

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

People who still talk about teams facing a tough schedule based on their finishing position fail to understand that only 2 of 16 games are based on that.

Including division games, all teams will face a #1 4 times, a #2 4 times, a #3 4 times and a #4 4 times.

According to last years strength of schedule, the Packers have the toughest lineup despite finishing 3rd in the division.

1 hour ago, Big John said:

Including division games, all teams will face a #1 4 times, a #2 4 times, a #3 4 times and a #4 4 times.

According to last years strength of schedule, the Packers have the toughest lineup despite finishing 3rd in the division.

Never thought of it that way, finish 1st in division play 2-3-4 in division twice, plus 2 out of division teams ranked at 4 (plus 2 complete divisions, one from each conference).

5 hours ago, Big John said:

Pretty similar schedule to MIN, obviously.  Both travel to SEA, NE, and LAR.  The Vikes host NOS, and travel to Philly, while the Pack host ATL and travel to WAS.  I'd take the Packers' schedule, at least in terms of those groups of games, but just by a hair.