[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty, want 1st pick

FastSteve

12 team PPR IDP Dynasty league with position limits - IR doesn't count, 5 round mini draft, I have 10th overall pick

We are limited to 6 WR & 3 TE. Because of IR I have to get rid of 2 WR before our draft.

My guys

WR - Hopkins HOU, JuJu Smith-Schuster PIT, D Funchess CAR, T Lockett SEA, J Edelman NE, M Lee JAC, A Robinson CHI, C Davis TEN

TE- T Kelce KC, J Doyle IND, A Hooper ATL

His guys, he needs help at WR & 2/3 of his TE are at the end of their careers

WR - D Bryant -FA, J Kearse NYJ, D Jackson- TB, JJ Nelson AZ

TE- J James PIT, V Davis, A Gates -SD

Of note for this topic he has Aaron Rodgers.

I figure I will use Edelman while I can value in trade out of him. As Brady's possession WR he has value. My initial thought is to offer WR Edelman, TE Hooper & QB Kizer (as a backup he has zero value to me now not having Rodgers) now on GB & my R5 pick for his R1-1 pick 

If he doesn't bite on that I am willing to swap out the TE for a 2nd WR. But who? I am holding onto Lockett for sure. With IDP meaning kickoff/return yards going to the player Lockett has been a top 10 WR 2 of last 3 years. I am either Lee or Davis. Both who I think can be pretty solid this year. Which would you give up? I want to hold onto Funchess as Cam is 1 of my QB's & like having the "double dip" available & I see too much potential in JuJu & Robinson to give either of them on top of Edelman. 

If I have to I would be will give Edelman with either Lee/Davis, plus Hooper & Kizer & my R5 for his R1 pick along with swapping his R3-1 pick for my R3-10 pick. 

Thoughts?

I don't know your RBs or QBs but it sounds like you need an RB.  Trade Funchess, Edelman, Lee and Hooper.  All 4 are better than any one on his team.   This is at least 3 starter for him, but only one starter (Funchess) for you.   He will not be able to say no. Get back the Rookie 1.01 and keep your 1.10 for a rookie WR, IDP or 2nd RB.  I suspect Carolina will draft a #1 WR this year making Funchess less valuable after the draft.  Strike now before the draft to maximize your value.

From what I have seen the #1 going for in dynasties, I don't think you are even in the ball park with that offer and run the risk of him just ignoring you from here on out. You are offering up a bunch of scraps for what many consider to be the best lock in many years as a dynasty #1 pick.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Big Country said:

From what I have seen the #1 going for in dynasties, I don't think you are even in the ball park with that offer and run the risk of him just ignoring you from here on out. You are offering up a bunch of scraps for what many consider to be the best lock in many years as a dynasty #1 pick.

This is spot on. 

Don't  need RB. Have Gurly & McCaffery. Scrapes! A Brady possession WR good for around 100 catches in a full point per league. Along with another up & coming WR & TE that despite what is called a disappointing season finished inside top 20 & plays on team that I think threw the most TD to TE the season before or close to it. He has serious need at both WR & TE. I am a huge Gates fan but he is nothing more than the scrapes at this point. Anytime Reed is playing Davis is 2nd fiddle. As I said I have Cam & Kizer along with Cousins at QB. And lets not forget people tend to perk up when you start talking a Patriot player.

Edelman will be 32 this year and coming off injury

Lee/Davis are on unfriendly passing offenses and are unproven

Hooper is just a guy (JAG) and replaceable with several other guys just like him, Shanahan does not run that offense anymore

Kizer? even with ARod I'd still prefer to invest in one of the rookie QBs over Kizer

1.10 is a blah pick for trading back to

Nope not nearly enough to make anyone move off Barkley, even if he doesn't need RB. 

Edited by Def.
mistype

9 hours ago, sambo said:

I don't know your RBs or QBs but it sounds like you need an RB.  Trade Funchess, Edelman, Lee and Hooper.  All 4 are better than any one on his team.   This is at least 3 starter for him, but only one starter (Funchess) for you.   He will not be able to say no. Get back the Rookie 1.01 and keep your 1.10 for a rookie WR, IDP or 2nd RB.  I suspect Carolina will draft a #1 WR this year making Funchess less valuable after the draft.  Strike now before the draft to maximize your value.

That is an interesting take. I hadn't thought about CAR taking a WR. I am willing to go pretty hard after that 1st overall. Forgot to mention I also worked a trade last year & got the 6th overall pick too. So if I pull this deal off I would 3 picks in 1st round & with it being snake style draft I would have  4 of my 5 picks within the first 15 picks. I have no 4th round currently. And I might be able to move an LB based on a team need & either nab myself 1 more 2nd round pick or at least swap spots for earlier 3rd pick.

Sorry, fellow Bears fan, but if you're in the kind of league where packaging up some scraps nets you the 1.01 in a rookie draft, then good on you.  If that were offered to me I wouldn't be able to hit "reject" quick enough.  Maybe you're in the kind of league where that kinda stuff happens, who knows.  Good luck.

If i had the 1.01, i'd be looking at hopkins from you, studs for studs, no quarters (or in this case dimes) on the dollar...

Couple recent MFL trades

1.01 and Goodwin for Evans and 1.04

1.01 for Kamara and 1.06

1.01 for Mckinnon Arob 1.07 and 3.07

1.01 for 1.02 1.09 and Watkins

1.01 for Julio

1.01 2.08 for 1.02 1.04 2.04 

I love how people think in a full point per league a Brady possession receiver good for around 100 catches (keep in mind Amendola is gone) is "scrapes". At this point the other guy doesn't have deal at WR & is the one with actual scrapes. And face the truth while we can rave about how good upcoming rookies are, they are unproven & no guarantee. Like no top draft pick ever went bust or was only OK. I'm not giving up one of the absolute PROVEN players for UNPROVEN draft pick. A "stud" is a PROVEN  player as far as I am concerned. I don't care how much hype is around them. Look at RG3 for just one example of a top pick going bust. 

Edited by FastSteve

Buddy, you asked for OUR opinion, and now don't like what your hearing. I think you maybe forgetting it's not a redraft league.  What building team would want a 32 year old off injury wr for a potential franchise building block (you dont).  You asked almost 30 hours ago, I guess he didn't say yes, which makes our point of view relevent.  While you may value Edelman, few others seem to ( as per posts above)  and I doubt your the only one making an offer for the 1.01.  If I was him , lack of wr this year wouldn't bother me at all,  ill look for that next year when I'm drafting at 1.03, your offer is sh!t.  I wouldnt bother to even reply

I'm just legitimately  surprised at how little value people are giving  Edelman in a PPR league. Also how willing people would (as based on the responses of value assigned) be to give up a proven stud just for a draft position for an unproven player. Even the most hyped players can not pan out. If not for their performance but also landing in a bad situation. I apologize if it seems like I'm going off on people. Not my intent. Like I said, it's surprise. 

No one said Edelman does not have value, however he is a 32 year old, oft injured WR on the downside of his career. He might give you two more years of top-25 WR value. That is not a very enticing asset in a dynasty league unless you have a team that is at the cusp of winning a title and having him as your WR2/3 is the missing piece to put you over. The #1 pick has the potential to give you a game changing type player for 8-10 years. If you are not likely in immediate title contention, which asset would you prefer to have?

Dynasty is all about upside... Edelman specifically is on the trending downward side of his career, he also plays for a team that spreads offensive wealth around unpredictably and with a QB old enough to fall off the face of the Earth at any moment... there is no tangible upside there.

what could he possibly be worth in trade value... a 3rd rounder... tops?

with 1.1 you're talking about a legit three down stud RB(potential of course), some people are saying the talent type that doesn't come around often... something of a unicorn in this FF era.

On 4/28/2018 at 4:41 PM, byron2112 said:

Dynasty is all about upside... Edelman specifically is on the trending downward side of his career, he also plays for a team that spreads offensive wealth around unpredictably and with a QB old enough to fall off the face of the Earth at any moment... there is no tangible upside there.

what could he possibly be worth in trade value... a 3rd rounder... tops?

with 1.1 you're talking about a legit three down stud RB(potential of course), some people are saying the talent type that doesn't come around often... something of a unicorn in this FF era.

Yeah dynasty is a totally different animal.  If I had a solid team and need at WR I'd probably give a mid-late 2nd for Edelman.  In PPR formats of course.

Still, he's light years behind Barkley in terms of overall / in a vacuum dynasty value.  

This guy's on crack.  :huh:

41 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Yeah dynasty is a totally different animal.  If I had a solid team and need at WR I'd probably give a mid-late 2nd for Edelman.  In PPR formats of course.

Still, he's light years behind Barkley in terms of overall / in a vacuum dynasty value.  

This guy's on crack.  :huh:

There  is no Damn need for insults. This is the deal that turns people off from the hobby. People who feel the need to insult others for asking a Damn question. If you have nothing to add, which you didn't add anything new, just move along. I'm so sick of people who can't respond without insulting others on social media & forums. 

22 hours ago, FastSteve said:

There  is no Damn need for insults. This is the deal that turns people off from the hobby. People who feel the need to insult others for asking a Damn question. If you have nothing to add, which you didn't add anything new, just move along. I'm so sick of people who can't respond without insulting others on social media & forums. 

It's a figure of speech.  You came in here looking for advice and when it didn't match your preconceived notions, you got offended - or at least it appeared as if you did.

Didn't mean it as an insult.  You just need to be more welcoming of commentary and opinions, especially when you came in here looking for it.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

It's a figure of speech.  You came in here looking for advice and when it didn't match your preconceived notions, you got offended - or at least it appeared as if you did.

Didn't mean it as an insult.  You just need to be more welcoming of commentary and opinions, especially when you came in here looking for it.

Please excuse the getting worked up. I've dealt with/seen so much snarky stuff on social media lately, I'm just expecting it constantly. I am seeing from people are saying, I'm going to need a different approach  on this to make it worth it to him. To be honest his team is full of holes & what he really needs to do is make a deal not just for 1 stud but a deal to get several solid players at various positions. One stud via trade or draft isn't going to overcome the holes all over his team. He needs help at RB WR TE DL LB  & DB. 

One stud ain't going to overcome all of that. I'm considering this.I will my included draft up to my 3/10 & packing Edelman/M Lee-now the #1 WR in JAC, RB Jamaal Williams GB - he has Montgomery & Williams mostly the more valuable of the 2 & DL Carlos Dunlop for his #1 pick. As he has Rodgers I will tell him he can have Kizer also if he wants him. I'm going to cut if he doesn't go in trade anyway. We start 3 at each D position & his best DL was ranked 72nd last year. I think this will be my opening offer. If he doesn't take it I will sub Funchess for Edelman, as much as I don't want to trade him. I can also sub maybe LB Craig Robertson in place of Dunlop. I would be willing in the right combination work TE Hooper into the deal also. However I would prefer if I can to keep Robertson & Hooper out of the deal as I am targeting another  trade using them for it. 

Bottom line is he needs solid players at multiple positions over 1 stud. He will fill more holes & see a bigger points return than 1 stud could possibly do given what he is dealing with.

Look from his point of view - what good does temporarily plugging a couple holes with marginal players do for him long term? Take him from last place to just outside of the playoffs over the next few years.

What does a player like Barkley, plus any other picks he gets, plus say another early pick next season get him in that same time frame? Probably a heck of a lot closer to playoffs or beyond if one of those other guys hits. Barkley plus any replacement guy he can find is greater than the sum of the parts of your offer. Maybe the owner is not a good dynasty owner or views some of the pieces you are offering differently, but as others have said, and based on the other trades that are being made in other leagues with a similar structure, unless you are offering multiple early picks over a couple years or multiple quality starters that are not well north of 30 years in age, it is likely a bad deal for him to take. That doesn't mean he won't take it or that you shouldn't offer it, we don't know this owner or what his experience or skill level is, but coming from the very experienced players that have replied so far (millwork and Def. have been around for a long time and demonstrated great knowledge and Darin is a staff member/"Dynasty IDP Expert" at certain other FF sites), just know that your offer, if being presented to an experienced dynasty player, is very light at best and laughable/insulting at worst.

OK what if it is Lee & Funchess? Two WR with plenty left in the tank. Dunlap who won't be 30 till after this season & Craig Robertson who will be 31 after this season. Along with Jamaal Williams who is only 23. That 2 players in the later parts of their careers & 3 players still in their prime. I'm having a difficult time not seeing that as a reasonable offer. Both CAR & JAC have/are becoming solid offensive teams. As I  said Lee is the #1 WR on JAC with Robinson & Burns gone & he was given a new big contract. CAR drafted some help for the pass game. It should open holes for everyone as teams can't go after all the weapons at the same time. 

15 hours ago, FastSteve said:

OK what if it is Lee & Funchess? Two WR with plenty left in the tank. Dunlap who won't be 30 till after this season & Craig Robertson who will be 31 after this season. Along with Jamaal Williams who is only 23. That 2 players in the later parts of their careers & 3 players still in their prime. I'm having a difficult time not seeing that as a reasonable offer. Both CAR & JAC have/are becoming solid offensive teams. As I  said Lee is the #1 WR on JAC with Robinson & Burns gone & he was given a new big contract. CAR drafted some help for the pass game. It should open holes for everyone as teams can't go after all the weapons at the same time. 

As I said, make whatever offer you want. Only you know your league mates and how they play the game. As everyone else in this thread has said, what you have been proposing so far would not even be close to the ballpark of getting any of us to think you were even serious about the #1 pick and likely would not even generate a reply.

@millworkguy posted several actual trades that have been made in dynasty leagues for the #1 pick. If you look at them, you will see that the common theme is that they mostly include a top 15-20 player AND a fairly high pick. You're talking about including guys like Lee and Funchess who are basically JAGs in terms of fantasy dynasty value and 3rd and 4th round rookie picks, while those other trades involved guys like Kamara (arguably a top 5 overall pick this year), Mike Evans (a top 5 dynasty WR) and top 5 or top 10 picks.

14 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Not trying to be snarky here, but sure... keep flinging him WR3s and junk you don't need to see if he caves.

You do seem to always find a buyer for your garbage in AFL, so it may well work in this guys league as well.

• Haha 1