[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 2018 NFL Draft

Def.

Whelp, another draft, another Dolphin (the really bad word) up.  Glad we could draft the guy that doesn't even have a position and let the (the really bad word)ing crap ass Cards jump in front of us like a bunch of chalupas.  We were basically that reactionary dick at fantasy drafts. 

"What the guy I wanted was just selected, oh and Tampa is next?  Well I know they want this safety so let me take him instead!" 

Well (the really bad word)ing done manureholes.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

:bag:  sorry loaf  :(

Ugh...so disappointed. After reading all the pillow talk the front office laid down about the Mayfield pick, I'm still not sold. And Ward? He's solid but not pick 4 solid. In shock, really. Such high hopes dashed yet again in under an hour.

2 hours ago, loaf said:

Ugh...so disappointed. After reading all the pillow talk the front office laid down about the Mayfield pick, I'm still not sold. And Ward? He's solid but not pick 4 solid. In shock, really. Such high hopes dashed yet again in under an hour.

No dog in the fight, but one reference point had Mayfield as their 4th highest rated college QB of all time and he blew away the others in this class. Jackson was rated 2nd in this class, Darnold was 3rd.

The only QB in their all time top 10 that didnt have a very strong career was Byron Leftwich. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Well the Browns just showed everyone how to fk up the 1&4 picks.  

Yes they did.  An amazing botch job that I cannot fathom happening to any other team.

First, Dorsey got punked by all the misinformation funnelling out of Florham Park about how the Jets were a lock to take Mayfield at 3.  How can Dorsey be that stupid or ignorant of the way Mike Maccagnan does things?  Since his very first day as GM of the Jets, Mike Maccagnan has been "a vault", NEVER revealing anything important to the press.  (The anti-"Rex Ryan", if you will.)  Cleveland was so sure the Jets would take Mayfield at 3, that they probably ditched the plan to go Barkley at 1 followed by Mayfield at 4.  I have no doubt whatsoever that the Jets draft board was 1. Darnold, 2. Rosen, 3. Mayfield.  

By planting the "mayfield at all costs" misinformation, the idea was to force a team like the Browns or any team that was interested in trading to #2 for Mayfield to move up... making it a sure thing that the Jets would get Darnold or Rosen.  Cleveland got punked.  Badly.  By the Jets no less.  How utterly embarrasing for Browns fans.  My condolences.  The Browns ownership and front office are idiots.  

And I think the pick at #4 was moronic.  They could have moved down and gotten picks and still got Ward because Nelson and Chubb were sure to go off the board before Ward. 

I’ve heard from quite a few really strong sources that had Mayfield #1 by quite a distance so I’m not at all bothered by him at 1. I think Browns fans shouldn’t be so distressed by that pick. I am puzzled by Ward at 4 over Chubb though. That said, it’s not like Ward wouldn’t have gone a pick or two later. Not sure why they didn’t trade down that pick if they really wanted Ward.

Edited by Trojanmojo
  • Like 2

I think the CB is a strong pick.  I thought he would go 5 to Denver, but CLE is making sure that they have talent all over the defense.  

We’ll see on Mayfield.  I would jot have made that move, but only time will tell if we are condeming them correctly.

• Like 1