LordOpie

2018 NFL draft FF player winners

which players do you think (for FF purposes) received the most benefit from the draft and NFL FA?

I think the biggest winner is Eli Manning. Signing Nate Solder was huge. Drafting players (eg. Barkley) to help Eli and not drafting a QB in the 1st must've made Eli extremely happy.

Some other winners, Alex Smith and Case Keenum... like Eli, no QB taken in the 1st, in fact, neither team drafted a QB at all?!

which veteran players do you think benefited from draft picks or lack of drafted competition?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah and Smith got a potentially big boost with Guice too.

I say if Luck miraculously is healthy, add TY Hilton.  Two late-round WRs aren't likely to make a dent and their OL is much improved now (again if all stay healthy).

Edited by BeeR
  • Like 1

Quenton Nelson could make an immediate impact on the Colts' run game.  If Luck returns to form, a Colts running back is bound to be top-15.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Quenton Nelson could make an immediate impact on the Colts' run game.  If Luck returns to form, a Colts running back is bound to be top-15.

Do the Colts even have a primary RB, with Gore gone its a lot of average guys left, and 2 rookie RBs drafted in rounds 4/5.  Jones, Mack, Turbin. Maybe CMike gets his shot, or a rookie?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Do the Colts even have a primary RB, with Gore gone its a lot of average guys left, and 2 rookie RBs drafted in rounds 4/5.  Jones, Mack, Turbin. Maybe CMike gets his shot, or a rookie?

The Colts' backfield situation might be the fuzziest in the NFL.  I'd choose Mack or one of the rookies if I had to choose right now.  I'll probably wait until the season has started and pick them up as free agents.  The running back position as a whole will produce fantasy points if Luck is still good.  I might have gone too far saying one would be top-15.  Several different players might provide value at different times of the season.  But usually one player will emerge from even the muddiest of situations.

Edited by michaelredd9

51 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Cross Jones off the list.  He was just cut.

3 minutes ago, Big John said:

Two running backs being drafted wasn't a good sign for Matt Jones or Mr. Christine Michael.  I think Turbin has a spot sewed up because he can block and he is cheap.  Turbin is a veteran who can be trusted.  And I think Mack gets another year to show he has "it".

2 minutes ago, Big John said:

Just looked at his stats from 2015, UGGH, was he in the dog house?  He had almost 500 yards each of his first 2 seasons with WAS (a nice 4.6 avg 2nd year) then last year he plays in only 5 games for the Colts and has 5 carries, no passes thrown to him.

Hmm, just reading a story that mentioned he got benched halftway thru 2016 by the Redskins, don't recall that, thought maybe he missed time with injury.

23 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Just looked at his stats from 2015, UGGH, was he in the dog house?  He had almost 500 yards each of his first 2 seasons with WAS (a nice 4.6 avg 2nd year) then last year he plays in only 5 games for the Colts and has 5 carries, no passes thrown to him.

Hmm, just reading a story that mentioned he got benched halftway thru 2016 by the Redskins, don't recall that, thought maybe he missed time with injury.

Jones was inconsistent and nicked up a bit.  He also is atrocious in pass protection. He can be a liability out there when you need your RB to pick up the blitz.

what about Peyton Barber? It appears that Ronald Jones is a great athlete, but not really a great football player. He seems like the kind of athlete that Al Davis would've taken for OAK in his final years, but the speedy player wouldn't translate to the NFL? From what I read, RJ isn't great at finding holes inside the line, isn't great at pass protection, and isn't a great receiver averaging less than one catch per game in college. Is RJ the kind of RB that will bounce runs outside only to find LBs in the NFL too fast?

is what I read incorrect? Or is Barber a winner in his situation?

• Like 1