[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ongoing Rules Talk

darin3

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I honestly have no idea why the devy/rookie draft was set up to be non-serpentine.  This needs to be addressed.

Why would it be?  No other rookie draft I have ever seen in dynasty is.

6 minutes ago, flemingd said:

Why would it be?  No other rookie draft I have ever seen in dynasty is.

f*ck.... it was written into the rules as non-serpentine and is showing up as such in this rookie draft, but our initial rookie/devy draft was not

Just now, darin3 said:

f*ck.... it was written into the rules as non-serpentine and is showing up as such in this rookie draft, but our initial rookie/devy draft was not

Yes, but that was a byproduct of separating the rookie/devy draft from the startup draft.  The initial was also 5 rounds longer then this one.

1 minute ago, darin3 said:

Well initial makes more sense, everyone was starting on even ground, no prior league history or 1-12 teams etc.  That's how every startup I've seen would do it, then go to non-serpentine with worst-gets-first as draft order.

Hell if we're going to change anything change how the draft order is generated.  I despise giving the "worst" team the first pick.  Very rarely is the team with the worst record actually the "worst" team, and quite frequently they were simply the ones that did the best job tanking for it.

4 minutes ago, Def. said:

Not gonna lie, I'm confused here.  Everything with the draft order looks good to me.  :shrug: 

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong.  Maybe my brain is fried.  :bag:

If it looks OK maybe I just need to change the language in the rules to reflect the rookie draft going forward.

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong.  Maybe my brain is fried.  :bag:

If it looks OK maybe I just need to change the language in the rules to reflect the rookie draft going forward.

I think the language looks alright too...think you've done lost your mind.  :lol:

I sent you an email on this but I think that it was handled correctly.

Rookie draft and vet draft were serpentine because no standings to base things on. Every subsequent draft should be non-serpentine because you have standings to base things on.

Might have been written differently in the rules but I think we executed it correctly.

Just now, Tford said:

I sent you an email on this but I think that it was handled correctly.

Rookie draft and vet draft were serpentine because no standings to base things on. Every subsequent draft should be non-serpentine because you have standings to base things on.

Might have been written differently in the rules but I think we executed it correctly.

:bag:  Back to your regularly-scheduled programming.  

3 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Something fun perhaps?

How about if an owner's devy players wins the Heisman trophy, they receive an extra $5 in AFL-Devy bucks the following reload?

I'd support this. Something fun with a minor reward that isn't league-changing.

I'd like to see a fourth devy spot added but with the stipulation but it has to be used on a defensive player. As it stands, I'm never going to use a devy spot on defense unless we increase the number of devy spots.

2 minutes ago, Tford said:

I'd support this. Something fun with a minor reward that isn't league-changing.

I'd like to see a fourth devy spot added but with the stipulation but it has to be used on a defensive player. As it stands, I'm never going to use a devy spot on defense unless we increase the number of devy spots.

Absolutely.  It wouldn't increase our tracking too much and would expand our universe so to speak. 

We'll expand the total number of DTS spots as a result, yes?

Love the extra devy spot for IDP.  That's very tricky stuff and I agree not worth burning devy spots in when they are so limited/valuable. 

Hate cash for Heisman.  I do not favor anything giving a competitive advantage not based on prior season results.  Some leagues have/had a terrible rule that all members of the winner's conference/division got extra cash - just awful.  We voted it out on almost all of my leagues (one I didn't know it was still there and will crusade to change next year).

7 minutes ago, flemingd said:

Love the extra devy spot for IDP.  That's very tricky stuff and I agree not worth burning devy spots in when they are so limited/valuable. 

Hate cash for Heisman.  I do not favor anything giving a competitive advantage not based on prior season results.  Some leagues have/had a terrible rule that all members of the winner's conference/division got extra cash - just awful.  We voted it out on almost all of my leagues (one I didn't know it was still there and will crusade to change next year).

Agree on first point.

Don't agree on second.  The cash would be a result of prior season results, just in college  :)  Quit being such a buzzkill...... :woot:  

I hated the extra cash for all members of the "winning" conference thing as well, though.

22 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Absolutely.  It wouldn't increase our tracking too much and would expand our universe so to speak. 

I'm in favor of this regardless...10 is kind of a small number. 

37 minutes ago, darin3 said:

One or two can't hurt IMO

1 hour ago, t-bone65 said:

Most leagues have 12 DTS spots not 10. 12 and 4 sound good to me 

We have 13 including the 3 devys.

I'd be in favor of increasing it to 11 rookies and 4 devys (one of which must be defense).

I guess what I am saying is, if you don't have any devy players currently your dts would be limited to 10 instead of 13. Should be your choice to have devy or not and if you decide not you shouldn't be penalized by shortness of dts size. Plus I have about 20 or so now so increase it lol