[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rashaad Penny

michaelredd9

52 minutes ago, kdko said:

I should have said career disappointment CJ Prosise and Mike Davis.  C'mon, you can't be serious in thinking it's going to be a RBBC with them spending a first on him, and saying they're committing to a smashmouth offense.  You need a 3 down banger to get a rhythm going.

That's true, but I think it may pan out that way. Carson was good before he went down. 

It will definitely start out with Penny as a 3 down back though.

On 5/6/2018 at 8:18 PM, michaelredd9 said:

I'll be avoiding Penny.  His situation couldn't be worse.  Seattle has a horrible offensive line.  He faces competition from Seattle's other running backs.  And he has a quarterback that doesn't throw to running backs (no Seattle running back has had more than 37 receptions with Wilson at the helm).  Planets will have to align for Penny to prosper this year.

This is my main concern. Don't feel he's the right type of back to be able to negate their horrible O-line so its a long term dynasty play if you want him. 

5 minutes ago, kdko said:

How do I join??  Joking aside, I would love to join you guys in a league

Honestly, monitoring the BoTH forums and Other League forums is probably the best way since the openings don't always reach the Find a League forum.  Most dynasty leagues are already into the season (tend to recruit in February), but the keeper/redraft leagues will probably start recruiting around late July/early August.  I'd browse through and see if any have a format you like (most have rules stickied at the top).  The 32 team leagues are always looking for people for sure and usually there is 1-2 openings in the various 12-16 team leagues.  If you see someone post they are out this year in the typical "Rollcall" type threads, I'd PM whoever is running it if you're interested.  Most GMs hate recruiting so its nice when they don't have to fish for people.  I'll be back in Redraft Wars (12 team IDP) and 32 HomARRRRRRS (32 team PPR) this year but have diverted mainly to dynasty leagues these last couple years.  

12 hours ago, the lone star said:

It will definitely start out with Penny as a 3 down back though.

I see it the other way.  Penny is a rookie and has to earn bellcow status.  If he struggles in pass protection, he almost certainly won't be a 3 down back. 

I'm guessing the hope from the coaching staff is that Penny is in for 66% to 75% of the RB workload come halfway through the season. 

56 minutes ago, kdko said:

How do I join??  Joking aside, I would love to join you guys in a league

Look for BoTH leagues. Born of The Huddle. They are leagues with forum members. Most post and some hardly do but each league has a dedicated forum here so it's not like you are playing against people you don't know. It helps Josh Gordon out the "fishy" owners. 

Not sure if there is an opening in Weapons of DMD this year or not (there usually is) but it's a 16 team redraft that is probably the hardest one of all the BoTH redrafts. You should check in to the forum to post your availability. 

Hey bud. Just asking. It's kind of funny to see you say things that aren't true. 

But to be fair. If you had the 1.2, Guice is the pick, but if don't have the 1.2 but trade up for it, then Penny is the pick. There is a difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

Hey bud. Just asking. It's kind of funny to see you say things that aren't true. 

But to be fair. If you had the 1.2, Guice is the pick, but if don't have the 1.2 but trade up for it, then Penny is the pick. There is a difference.

:shrug:   I'm lying?  Could it be that I simply changed my mind?  Could it be that Guice was 2a and Penny 2b and I simply preferred Penny's situation / found it more favorable in terms of what I needed for that particular team?

Why do you care so much? 

Edited by darin3

29 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

No. I didnt take into account that you simply changed your mind. My bad. Sorry for calling you a liar.

I didn't necessarily change my mind.  I simply had that as an option as to why things played out differently.

In all honesty, I had Guice 2a and Penny 2b and simply didn't state so in my initial post.  I got Guice - at 3 - in another league and felt Penny was the better fit for ATAP.

On a really strong contender, I can MAYBE see taking Penny at 1.02. On the vast majority of dynasty teams, I think Chubb and Guice are clearly above him due to superior talent profiles.

On 5/17/2018 at 7:36 AM, BA Baracus said:

On a really strong contender, I can MAYBE see taking Penny at 1.02. On the vast majority of dynasty teams, I think Chubb and Guice are clearly above him due to superior talent profiles.

Did Guice grade better than Penny in anything?

8 hours ago, BA Baracus said:

Athleticism.

That's just flat out wrong, and you know it.  Penny had better 'athleticism' measurables.

Also looked way better against much more talented defenders.

Okay.  Same thing was used against players like DJ.  There's a reason Penny went in the 1st, and Guice almost fell to the 3rd.

Edited by kdko

11 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Guice:  237   1251  11

Penny:  289  2248 23

Guice looked "way" better?

You know better than this lazy stat post.

Penny played 1 ranked team (Stanford) and conference defenses that produced (1) first round defensive player and (0) second round defensive players in the NFL draft. Basically a bunch of guys that won't be playing pro ball. 1 of 29 defensive players drafted in those 2 rounds.

Meanwhile Guice played against 10 ranked teams (won't list them all) and conference defenses that produced (4) first round defensive players and (3) second round defensive players in the 2018 NFL draft. 7 of 29 defensive players drafted in those 2 rounds.

Back in 2016, Penny didn't beat out Pumphrey (drafted in the 4th round). Whilst Guice led the SEC in rushing while sharing time with Fournette (drafted in the 1st round). Don't really need to compare NFL level defensive opponents in 2017's draft too, do we?

Edited by Riffraff
  • Like 2