[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rashaad Penny

michaelredd9

On 5/26/2018 at 4:01 AM, kdko said:

That's just flat out wrong, and you know it.  Penny had better 'athleticism' measurables.

Okay.  Same thing was used against players like DJ.  There's a reason Penny went in the 1st, and Guice almost fell to the 3rd.

I've been talking about Chubb, so maybe that's where the confusion is?

5 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Guice:  237   1251  11

Penny:  289  2248 23

Guice looked "way" better?

I'm talking about Chubb, and I'm not talking about stats.

Watch the tape. Chubb is flat out amazing with the ball in his hands. He's a very rare combination of speed, power, agility, quickness, and most importantly, vision.

Yeah, even if we're talking about Chubb, it's hard to argue that he's more athletic than Penny though.  Very few RB's take mulitple kick returns to the house.  Barkley, and Penny were the only ones that did that coming out of this draft.  Chubb is great, but he doesn't have that elite breakaway speed that Penny does.  DJ was another RB that fit that mold.

8 hours ago, Riffraff said:

You know better than this lazy stat post.

Your stats are bestest evah Chachi.  Everyone knows Penny played in a weaker conference and questioning whether that translates well at the NFL level is completely legitimate.   But that also wasn't what I was discussing.

Mr T said Guice (but apparently meant Chubb) looked way better.  I'm not even sure what that means. But saying a guy looked waaaaay better, with nearly half the production during the senior season, doesn't really meet the most generous subjective muster. 

Alas, it was an apples to oranges comparison anyways.

Edited by Bobby Brown

And when I say elite breakaway speed, it's not a knock against Chubb.  Chubb is in that next group and I think he's ahead of guys like Guice/Michel/Johnson fwiw.  If Chubb wasn't paired with 2 other talented RB's I'd be higher on him.. Next year I think he'll separate himself from Hyde.

22 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

But saying a guy looked waaaaay better, with nearly half the production during the senior season, doesn't really meet the most generous subjective muster.

You're a few a's heavy.

Again...try watching them play. Every time you respond to my assertion of how they looked on the field, you reference stats. These are not the same thing. I discount stats in regards to Chubb anyhow due to the fact that he split time with another first round back, so of course his stats are less than Penny's.

I am also not sure how Chubb is deemed to not possess break away speed. He had plenty of break away TD's at Georgia.

40 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

You're a few a's heavy.

Again...try watching them play. Every time you respond to my assertion of how they looked on the field, you reference stats. These are not the same thing. I discount stats in regards to Chubb anyhow due to the fact that he split time with another first round back, so of course his stats are less than Penny's.

I am also not sure how Chubb is deemed to not possess break away speed. He had plenty of break away TD's at Georgia.

He has breakaway speed, but not in the same vein as Barkley/Penny.

• 7 months later...