[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have we had any rookie drafts yet?

byron2112

Seven RBs to start that Rookie ADP. It is just heartwarming to see the position start to matter again. Last year was great for RBs

1.04 JAC Fournette, Leonard
1.08 CAR McCaffrey, Christian
2.09 MIN Cook, Dalvin
2.16 CIN Mixon, Joe
3.03 NO Kamara, Alvin
3.22 KC Hunt, Kareem

2016 less great

1.04 DAL Elliott, Ezekiel
2.14 TEN Henry, Derrick
3.10 MIA Drake, Kenyan
3.27 SEA Prosise, C.J.

2015 mostly not great but Gurley and David Johnson

1.10 STL Gurley, Todd
1.15 SD Gordon, Melvin
2.04 JAC Yeldon, T.J.
2.22 DET Abdullah, Ameer
3.09 ATL Coleman, Tevin
3.13 CLE Johnson, Duke
3.22 ARI Johnson, David
3.31 WAS Jones, Matt

Then 2014 was horrible

2.22 TEN Sankey, Bishop
2.23 CIN Hill, Jeremy
2.25 SF Hyde, Carlos
3.05 TB Sims, Charles
3.11 STL Mason, Tre
3.30 CLE West, Terrance

2013 horrible except for Bell

2.05 CIN Bernard, Giovani
2.16 PIT Bell, Le'Veon
2.26 DEN Ball, Montee
2.29 GB Lacy, Eddie
2.30 SEA Michael, Christine
3.34 KC Davis, Knile

2012 was a total whiff other than Martin having 2 decent years

1.03 CLE Richardson, Trent
1.31 TB Martin, Doug
1.32 NYG Wilson, David
2.18 STL Pead, Isaiah
2.29 SF James, LaMichael
3.04 DEN Hillman, Ronnie
3.21 BAL Pierce, Bernard

Nice to see the position have so much promise but I wonder if it is true or that we are overvaluing based on the success of 2017?

On 5/6/2018 at 4:32 PM, DMD said:

2015 mostly not great but Gurley and David Johnson

1.10 STL Gurley, Todd
1.15 SD Gordon, Melvin
2.04 JAC Yeldon, T.J.
2.22 DET Abdullah, Ameer
3.09 ATL Coleman, Tevin
3.13 CLE Johnson, Duke
3.22 ARI Johnson, David
3.31 WAS Jones, Matt

no love for Gordon?

Shaky first year, but he's produced allround since and he seems to have a nose for the endzone... if not impressively elite production, IMO he suffers some from the Chargers ongoing crappy line situation..

I think I read somewhere that he had the 3rd-4th most touches of any back last season... looks like he has no competition again this year.

maybe people are waiting for him to fall off and return to that rookie form...?

4 hours ago, byron2112 said:

no love for Gordon?

Shaky first year, but he's produced allround since and he seems to have a nose for the endzone... if not impressively elite production, IMO he suffers some from the Chargers ongoing crappy line situation..

I think I read somewhere that he had the 3rd-4th most touches of any back last season... looks like he has no competition again this year.

maybe people are waiting for him to fall off and return to that rookie form...?

Gurley and Johnson have been stellar. But Gordon has been good and even Duke Johnson gets some credit as well. For being the 15th overall pick, he's been mostly to expectations so yeah he should be considered.

Dynasty rookie draft (can draft vet FA) that started Monday, May 7th...half point per reception, 14 team league.

Round 1

1.01 RB - Barkley

1.02 RB - Guice

1.03 RB - Jones

1.04 RB - Michel

1.05 RB - Penny

1.06 RB - Chubb

1.07 RB - Freeman

1.08 RB - KJohnson

1.09 WR - Moore

1.10 WR - Sutton

1.11 WR - Ridley

1.12 WR - Kirk

1.13 WR - Gallup

1.14 QB - Rosen

Round 2

2.01 QB - Mayfield

2.02 QB - LJackson

2.03 WR - JWashington

2.04 RB - Hines

2.05 TE - Gesicki

2.06 TE - Goedert

2.07 WR - Pettis

2.08 QB - Darnold

2.09 WR - AMiller

2.10 RB - Ballage

2.11 QB - JAllen

2.12 TE - Hurst

2.13 TE - TBurton

2.14 WR - Coutee

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

25 minutes ago, DMD said:

Not a lot of love for the rookie WR this year. But deservedly.

DJ Moore - has some stud, WR1 qualities and goes to a decent situation.  Would prefer if the team threw the ball more.

Calvin Ridley - Roddy White 2.0?  Nice situation.  Impressive route runner will excel in this offense.

Michael Gallup - probably the easiest path to immediate impacts.  Lots to like here.

Anthony Miller - in a similar situation to Ridley, will likely be second in pecking order... but emerging offense and could draw the favor of the young QB over A-Rob.  Maybe.

Courtland Sutton - physical freak in a good situation... will just need a year (or two) to fully realize potential

James Washington - PIT knows how to draft WRs... departure of Bryant opens up a path but Brown/JuJu will command 75% of the targets, if not more... long term stash with college QB in line to succeed Big Ben

DJ Chark - pure speed guy in a crowded stable of WRs... not a fan

Dante Pettis - profiles well to Jimmy G's talents

Christian Kirk - oops, forgot quite possibly the best one... love the landing spot; gets to work under Fitz and eventually Rosen's #1 target

:shrug: I see some decent options here.

Edited by darin3

And maybe they will pan out. At least a few of them. But it was considered a weak WR class and none were taken until 1.24.

First 2 rounds:

1.24    CAR    D.J. Moore
1.26    ATL    Calvin Ridley
2.08    DEN    Courtland Sutton
2.12    SF    Dante Pettis
2.15    ARI    Christian Kirk
2.19    CHI    Anthony Miller
2.28    PIT    James Washington
2.29    JAC    DJ Chark

2017 first 2 rounds from what considered a great WR class:

1.05 TEN Davis, Corey
1.07 LAC Williams, Mike
1.09 CIN Ross, John
2.05 BUF Jones, Zay
2.08 CAR Samuel, Curtis
2.30 PIT

Smith-Schuster, JuJu

JuJu was the only one that hit so far.

2016 first 2 rounds:

1.15    CLE    Coleman, Corey
1.21    HOU    Fuller, Will
1.22    WAS    Doctson, Josh
1.23    MIN    Treadwell, Laquon
2.09    NYG    Shepard, Sterling
2.16    NO    Thomas, Michael
2.24    CIN    Boyd, Tyler

Thomas was a hit but played with Brees. Fuller does well so long as Watson plays. But the first two rounds of what were considered to be more talented draft classes has started slowly at the least. And in terms of expectations for rookie years, the trend is not good.

Just to build on what DMD said...strategically it’s harder to draft a WR,  because they are both harder to predict in terms of likely success AND they are also likely to need space on your taxi squad for longer than an RB.  For an early first round pick, i would need to feel like a WR was an AJ Green / Julio Jones kind of blue chip.  It seems easier to grab as much draft success as you can and then trade that into positional need.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

My dynasty rookie draft that started last night has gone thru 1 round so far...half point per reception, 14 team league.

1.01 RB - Barkley

1.02 RB - Guice

1.03 RB - Jones

1.04 RB - Michel

1.05 RB - Penny

1.06 RB - Chubb

1.07 RB - Freeman

1.08 RB - KJohnson

1.09 WR - Moore

1.10 WR - Sutton

1.11 WR - Ridley

1.12 WR - Kirk

1.13 WR - Gallup

1.14 QB - Rosen

Nice. I like .5 PPR way more than full PPR.

22 hours ago, darin3 said:

DJ Moore - has some stud, WR1 qualities and goes to a decent situation.  Would prefer if the team threw the ball more.

Calvin Ridley - Roddy White 2.0?  Nice situation.  Impressive route runner will excel in this offense.

Michael Gallup - probably the easiest path to immediate impacts.  Lots to like here.

Anthony Miller - in a similar situation to Ridley, will likely be second in pecking order... but emerging offense and could draw the favor of the young QB over A-Rob.  Maybe.

Courtland Sutton - physical freak in a good situation... will just need a year (or two) to fully realize potential

James Washington - PIT knows how to draft WRs... departure of Bryant opens up a path but Brown/JuJu will command 75% of the targets, if not more... long term stash with college QB in line to succeed Big Ben

DJ Chark - pure speed guy in a crowded stable of WRs... not a fan

Dante Pettis - profiles well to Jimmy G's talents

Christian Kirk - oops, forgot quite possibly the best one... love the landing spot; gets to work under Fitz and eventually Rosen's #1 target

:shrug: I see some decent options here.

Good analysis. I like Washington's fit a lot. Pitt does draft WRs well, but can't forget about the Big Ben effect. He usually gets his WRs to produce.

Coates was a huge miss though. I didn't like his route tree coming out of college, so not too surprised by that one.

Edited by the lone star

Just now, the lone star said:

Good analysis. I like Washington's fit a lot. Pitt does draft WRs well, but can't forget about the Big Ben effect. He usually gets his WRs to produce.

We may not see Washington's full value until Big Ben is gone.

Just now, darin3 said:

Yeah, that's fair. It usually takes WRs a few years to realize their full potential, and ionno how many years Big Ben has left. Rudolph was a nice grab, but I also liked the QB they took last year. Dobbs looked solid in the preseason, but then again, that is the preseason.

30 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I loved the kid in the draft. I was hoping DAL took him. The #3 in PIT is sadly less appealing. But PIT should have a great trio.

12 minutes ago, Big John said:

I took a look at this again and it now shows Guice over Barkley. :huh:

And Barkley's adp is 9.44.  His adp in "rookie-only" should be less than 2.  Something isn't right.  Maybe a glitch in their software.  They had something weird going on with the "full redraft" adp's a couple of weeks ago.  I did a screenshot of it:

# PLAYER AVG. PICK MIN. PICK MAX. PICK # DRAFTS SELECTED IN
1. Johnson, David ARI RB 8.03 2 118 165
2. Allen, Keenan LAC WR 17.56 3 40 165
3. Adams, Davante GBP WR 19.80 9 45 167
4. Cooper, Amari OAK WR 26.56 11 68 164
5. Wentz, Carson PHI QB 32.67 1 124 165
6. Robinson, Allen CHI WR 35.09 8 80 166
7. Gordon, Josh CLE WR 50.05 2 127 167
8. Newton, Cam CAR QB 53.58 1 123 166
9. Kupp, Cooper LAR WR 69.23 7 146 161
10. Tate, Golden DET WR 73.51 24 198 166
11. Penny, Rashaad FA RB 81.49 17 185 105
12. McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB 82.39 10 193 165
13. Agholor, Nelson PHI WR 90.95 8 267 164
14. Collins, Alex BAL RB 93.04 28 191 160
15. Ridley, Calvin FA WR 98.12 10 220 104
16. Kittle, George SFO TE 113.62 36 343 157
17. Johnson, Kerryon FA RB 115.61 12 248 103
18. Kirk, Christian FA WR 122.07 7 278 99
19. Brown, Zach WAS LB 133.18 45 284 11
20. Jones, Chandler ARI LB 135.75 12 272 12

15 hours ago, Big John said:

I took a look at this again and it now shows Guice over Barkley. :huh:

Tweak the filter a little to "Exclude Mock Drafts" and I also chose "Starting After May 1" and it seems to be much more normal - Barkley is top rookie with ADP of 1.13 and Guice is #2 with ADP of 3.15. Next 4 guys ADP are all between 5.7 and 7.3 which shows just how much of a jumble it is right now with no clear cut 3rd guy, etc.

With the default setting, even though it says rookie only drafts, the max picks are out of whack - Barkley has a max pick of 721 and most of the others have max picks in the mid 300s.

Not necessarily anything wrong in their data, as not everyone uses the draft the same way or takes the time to properly setup their draft/league so that it can be filtered, etc. for these things.

• Like 1

MFL has also done away with "Public League" adps.  They even erased the "Public League" adp results from previous years, too.  It is unfortunate because the "Public League" adps is the adp list that I have always found to be most accurate.  The "Public League" drafts are from the MFL10s, MFL25s, etc.  So they are pay leagues that have have set rules that are pretty generic.  If you look at the names of the leagues in the "Full Redrafts" adp list, about a quarter or a third of them have the word "dynasty" in their league name.  That many dynasty leagues is definitely change the results.  I guess it's time to look for a new adp list.

5 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

MFL has also done away with "Public League" adps.  They even erased the "Public League" adp results from previous years, too.  It is unfortunate because the "Public League" adps is the adp list that I have always found to be most accurate.  The "Public League" drafts are from the MFL10s, MFL25s, etc.  So they are pay leagues that have have set rules that are pretty generic.  If you look at the names of the leagues in the "Full Redrafts" adp list, about a quarter or a third of them have the word "dynasty" in their league name.  That many dynasty leagues is definitely change the results.  I guess it's time to look for a new adp list.

I suspect you're looking for one that lets you see similar information. I had a couple bookmarked, not sure how much I was using them recently, recall doing an online search for a new source myself.

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp

antsports.com was another one I had, but when I looked that link went to home page and nothing here about ADP

• Like 1