Sign in to follow this  
Dcat

Hyde-Chubb-Duke: Browns backfield

16 hours ago, Big John said:

He just signed a 3-year extension with the Browns.

Yes, I saw that this morning.  Makes my decision about whether to keep Hyde harder.  If the future of Cleveland's backfield is going to be a Chubb-Duke J. duo, then Hyde's stay in Cleveland might just be a one-year stop-over.  Cleveland can cut him before the third league day of the 2019 season (sometime in March, 2019) with only a $2.333 million dead cap hit.  

I could see Hyde getting traded this year if Chubb is playing well.  His salary is very tradeable this season at only $1.5 million.

Duke's going to be a PPR play no doubt. He's going to see less than 75 catches this year with the addition of Jarvis Landry.

On 6/9/2018 at 9:18 AM, loaf said:

Duke's going to be a PPR play no doubt. He's going to see less than 75 catches this year with the addition of Jarvis Landry.

74 receptions last year on 93 targets, that target number is likely to drop back to the 70s with better WRs on the team, development of TEs etc. 

Just bought me some stock in Chubb, he'll be my flex option behind Zeke and Chris Thompson until D'onta Foreman comes back.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:11 AM, Dcat said:

When Hyde landed with the Browns, we Keeper/Dynasty Hyde owners were happy.  And when Giants took Barkley, a sigh of relief could be heard around the world for all Keeper/Dynasty Hyde owners. 

But then at pick 2.3, the Browns surprise by selecting the Bulldog, Nick Chubb, causing Hyde owners to weep.  Any idea how Hyde/Chubb/Duke will divide carries + 3rd down responsibilities?  Chubb is a between-the-tackles bruiser, and I figure him to get more carries than the others, especially in the Red Zone.  He's their improved version of Crowell.  As for long-term...  I expect one of Hyde or Duke to get released after the 2018 season.  After the season is over, if Cleveland is happy with Chubb, they could release or trade Hyde with a $2.3 million dead money cap hit or they can let Duke go to free agency perhaps landing a comp pick for him.  I think Hyde owners would be happy down the road with a Chubb-Hyde backfield.  But the prescence of Duke Johnson this season I fear is going to limit Hyde's production.

not that I'm comparing the players involved by any means....but take a think back to new Orleans last year....brought in Peterson without knowing they would fall in love with a guy/if they could land guy they fell in love with

this situation could be similar....bring in hyde...then fall in love with a back/need to land him....and now they've got their guy

I think hyde gets the nod early and they will see how thing shake out.....but I wonder how quick they turn if things don't start out so well all around

I hope Duke can continue to put up good numbers, there's a chance I'll keep him as one of 5 players for this year. (Just don't have any good RBs and really don't want to enter the draft without at least one RB. I have rotten luck lately, no matter who I find that looks promising as a good starter for the future of my team they fall of (Lat Murray, Abdullah) the last really good RB I had for a few years was Stephen Davis