LordOpie

changing the franchise tag system

I don't mind the idea of using the same assets for each bid, just make accepting a bid FCFS - or allow the bidding team and accepting team 48 hours to make a deal.

If i franchised L. Bell, and had a bid on Kamara ( had someone been silly and put 1 yr on him) I'd like to know the outcome of my bid, prior to choosing what i do with Bell

35 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

I don't mind the idea of using the same assets for each bid, just make accepting a bid FCFS

some of the other owners don't have internet access at work and didn't like the FCFS idea when I suggested. Here's a link to the original discussion...

http://forums.thehuddle.com/topic/501020-2018-franchise-tag-blind-bids/

FCFS isn’t right. Our lives outside of here matter much more. It’s never a good idea to penalize someone because he had a life to live. 

1 hour ago, MorningMud said:

... he had a life to live. 

get a smart phone with mobile data ya freakin' caveman.

(I know you can't use your phone at work)

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

get a smart phone with mobile data ya freakin' caveman.

(I know you can't use your phone at work)

True but beyond that, I owe it to my family to leave my phone alone at times. If I worry about trying to be the first owner here, I’d be neglecting what matters. If I ignored being the first owner here, my teams would suffer and I’d have to just give it up anyway. 

Love be the new options for FT so long as it’s done right. I just don’t see FCFS as part of the right way to do it. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MorningMud said:

FCFS isn’t right. Our lives outside of here matter much more. It’s never a good idea to penalize someone because he had a life to live. 

I'd agree If it was waivers or something critical, i dont see the crutical nature of franchise bids,  worst case you keep the player.  Which was sort of the point of franchising them...

And.yeah I know we all can't use our phones at work.  

Edited by millworkguy

Another overview topic we need to bring up is owner participation. I like the owners we have across all the Bond leagues but we are really missing the boat with participation in FT, RFA, FA, and even draft engagement.

• Some owners just not present or minimally present
  • Missing matching bids - the impact of this is much bigger than the actual match. Often due to lack of participation these owners have major money. So if all owners were involved you would see higher bids and overall more balance. We have some owners getting steals (me included) because of the lack of participation.
  • Do I just need to accept this as part of fantasy and enjoy the advantages? Or do we need to look into different dates? I am really not sure the dates would actually help.......

The inability to follow this forum is huge, typically i follow all the bids on my own players, know when are closed and can check in.  Without being able to follow this league, no-one other then the current participants knows its happening...

3 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

The inability to follow this forum is huge, typically i follow all the bids on my own players, know when are closed and can check in.  Without being able to follow this league, no-one other then the current participants knows its happening...

I have reached out to thehuddle admin repeatedly. So far now solution has been found other than removing the private. That risk is losing all the historical data.

Once RFA is over we could propose setting up a new forum and using this one for archive purposes. I know that does not help in the present but would for all future transactions. 

Sorry work has been crazy has lead me to be MIA - That will be changing. I will make more of an effort.  I will be catching up over the next couple days with discussions. 

Approval for new forum LLD2. (non-private with thread follow)

Once the forum is created I will move over all the needed content to continue league business uninterrupted. 

This forum will serve as historical reference. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, westhemess2 said:

Sorry work has been crazy has lead me to be MIA - That will be changing. I will make more of an effort.  I will be catching up over the next couple days with discussions. 

Couldn’t you have waited just a couple more hours to return so I could have gotten a TE?? It’s not always just about you! :D

• Haha 1