[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should A Leaving Owner Still Be Allowed To Make Trades In DynastyFF?

the lone star

Should A Leaving Owner Still Be Allowed To Make Trades In DynastyFF?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should A Leaving Owner Still Be Allowed To Make Trades In DynastyFF?

• No. Not at all since he is leaving.
    • Yes, but only if the trade appears to be for fair-market value.
    • Yes, but put his trades up to a league-wide vote.
    • Yes, but just have the commissioner review the trades he makes.
    • Yes, but post his trades online, so outsiders can vote on fairness.
    • Yes. Let him trade freely.

If an owner has announced that he will be leaving at the end of the year in a dynasty fantasy football league, should he still be allowed to make trades? Assume that he has been able to make trades all year long, and that other people who did not announce their plans to leave have also been able to make trades in their last season.

Also assume that the commissioner plays in the league and has a competitive team of his own.

Edited by the lone star

uh, yeah ok...

well dude, i think you've posted this not only here but at other board(s) as well... do you not have the answer you want yet?

maybe if you post en espanol or something you'll get different results.

also, i love lone star beer :brew: 

Edited by darin3

7 minutes ago, darin3 said:

uh, yeah ok...

well dude, i think you've posted this not only here but at other board(s) as well... do you not have the answer you want yet?

Lol, that's fair. Honestly, just trying to get a full-take of a forum with these questions. Seems like some are hardcore about certain rights and privileges. While others are more about reasonableness.

8 minutes ago, darin3 said:

uh, yeah ok...

But yeah, lone star beer is good. I'm more of a light beer man myself. Probably because sodas from the can have too much flavor for me, so I normally have to water them down.

Anyway, what's your answer to the question? Would love to hear your take.

The commish needs to make a decision on how to handle it.  

He should be able to trade, but if it looks like he's roster-dumping or just not fair in general it shouldn't be allowed.

Commish should probably take control of the entire process.

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

He should be able to trade, but if it looks like he's roster-dumping or just not fair in general it shouldn't be allowed.

I gotcha. Thanks.

And by taking control, then he should probably disclose the situation to the other owners, right?

If I pay for the year but I'm leaving next year, I can trade all damn day if I want. If the league doesn't like it, they should have voted to replace the owner now and have someone else come in fresh and pay for the year. 

6 hours ago, darin3 said:

No, he doesn't.  The league needs to have rules in place and the owner needs to act within those rules.  Every Huddle league I have seen has the same basic rule - if you trade "too much" (more than a 1st, more than two 1-3, etc) then you pre-pay.  All quality leagues should cover these scenarios.

If the owner paid his dues and acts within the rules then the commish has no business getting involved. 

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

If I pay for the year but I'm leaving next year, I can trade all damn day if I want. If the league doesn't like it, they should have voted to replace the owner now and have someone else come in fresh and pay for the year. 

That's a good way of looking at it.

25 minutes ago, flemingd said:

No, he doesn't.  The league needs to have rules in place and the owner needs to act within those rules.  Every Huddle league I have seen has the same basic rule - if you trade "too much" (more than a 1st, more than two 1-3, etc) then you pre-pay.  All quality leagues should cover these scenarios.

If the owner paid his dues and acts within the rules then the commish has no business getting involved. 

Another issue is that the commish is playing as well. Who is to say that he won't make a decision in self-interest and try to justify it by saying that it is actually in the league's best interest?

Just now, the lone star said:

Another issue is that the commish is playing as well. Who is to say that he won't make a decision in self-interest and try to justify it by saying that it is actually in the league's best interest?

I'm not understanding this "the commish is playing as well" thing. In what league on planet earth does the commish NOT play???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

I'm not understanding this "the commish is playing as well" thing. In what league on planet earth does the commish NOT play???? 

That's fair, but personally, I'd rather a trade be nixed by the entire league than one person.

With that said, I do have trust issues with commissioners. Have had some BAD experiences.

7 hours ago, the lone star said:

Thanks for the welcome buddy. Stay classy.

I'm going by the trash you posted on FBG.  I'd be happy to be wrong and have you post nothing but unicorns and rainbows.

7 hours ago, the lone star said:

That's fair, but personally, I'd rather a trade be nixed by the entire league than one person.

With that said, I do have trust issues with commissioners. Have had some BAD experiences.

I'd rather play in a league where there is no need to "nix" a trade because everyone in it knows how to play. 

• Like 2

So other owners left the league after a season was over in the past, made as many trades as they wanted because nobody knew. But since this owner is up front with the league and tells them he'll be leaving after this season is over somebody wants extra scrutiny on his trades, a vote by the league or commissioner interference. But nobody else ever has that kind of scrutiny?

Sounds like you're screwing the guy who's trying to be fair because you're afraid he'll do bad stuff.

I'd never play in a league where any sort of owner vote is a primary part of trade acceptance. I'm one of two commish in  long time lead, we've got to approve the trades mostly to get administrative details (draft picks, conditional aspects of a trade). If the two owners agree, and somebody isn't trading an elite player for garbage all trades are approved. None have been rejected for being "unfair".

Also if you cannot trust your commish, you shouldn't be in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

So other owners left the league after a season was over in the past, made as many trades as they wanted because nobody knew. But since this owner is up front with the league and tells them he'll be leaving after this season is over somebody wants extra scrutiny on his trades, a vote by the league or commissioner interference. But nobody else ever has that kind of scrutiny?

Sounds like you're screwing the guy who's trying to be fair because you're afraid he'll do bad stuff.

I'd never play in a league where any sort of owner vote is a primary part of trade acceptance. I'm one of two commish in  long time lead, we've got to approve the trades mostly to get administrative details (draft picks, conditional aspects of a trade). If the two owners agree, and somebody isn't trading an elite player for garbage all trades are approved. None have been rejected for being "unfair".

Also if you cannot trust your commish, you shouldn't be in the league.

Yup.