[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waivers aren't on calendar

flemingd

Need to be set up.

4.1.2 FA Schedule
FA begins the first Wednesday after the rookie draft and will run every other week until the first preseason game at which time it will run every week until the AFL-Devy Fantasy play-offs conclude, at which time FA ends. In addition, there will be 2 free agency runs prior to the rookie draft each year.

The better move here would of been to schedule waivers for the next Wednesday and let them all start there.  Anyone that may have been after that player and didn't put in a waiver after checking the league calendar and seeing nothing was scheduled just had the opportunity taken away from them.   

1 minute ago, Def. said:

The better move here would of been to schedule waivers for the next Wednesday and let them all start there.  Anyone that may have been after that player and didn't put in a waiver after checking the league calendar and seeing nothing was scheduled just had the opportunity taken away from them.   

I'd argue that Maryland would be the one who'd be short-changed in your scenario. He placed that bid on Monday and for all we know, thought that waivers would have run as scheduled as per the rulebook.

Just now, Tford said:

I'd argue that Maryland would be the one who'd be short-changed in your scenario. He placed that bid on Monday and for all we know, thought that waivers would have run as scheduled as per the rulebook.

His opportunity would still be there next week.  I'm not after the player and don't care, but MBC was just provided a waiver opportunity I and everyone else was not.  I do not leave waiver submissions hanging out there if nothing is showing on the calendar.  Just my :2cents:

This will come off as biased but I'd support any owner in this situation. This time it just happens to be me. Per the rules the waiver run was scheduled to go last night. Whether anyone else knew or not is a moot point.  Dave found it in the rules. Schedule another for next Wednesday if you have to but if the waiver doesn't stand then what's the point of rules?

I agree the pickup should stand and this is how I would adjudicate it in leagues I commish.  The rules are the rules and should always take precedence over a system, which can go down, be set up wrong, or have all kinds of other flaws.  Harley put in waivers in good faith expecting them to run and it's not his fault he followed the rules and the site wasn't fully set up.  If any members have questions or see something that looks like it's not set up they can bring that up.