[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deeper Sleepers

darin3

As i'm mainly in Dynasties and certainly wouldn't chase any of these guys in a trade, why not:

Quick scan

Hurns seems low on that list

Paul R - love his route tree vrs that of where Smith likes to throw

Hooper - year 3 for a tight end - he may yet get it

J Mathews-  what is his role with NEP?

Yeldon - PPR back, they finally started to trust again 2nd half of the season.  remember last year those numbers where over 6 games

K Cole - does he continue where he left off

Blount - 3rd down and goal line back in Det?

Cook - Carr may need an outlet after cooper and Jordy

A Wilson - does he take Landry's role in Mia

Mitchell - Is he the next go to guy for Brady

21 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

As i'm mainly in Dynasties and certainly wouldn't chase any of these guys in a trade, why not:

Hurns seems low on that list

Yeldon - PPR back, they finally started to trust again 2nd half of the season.  remember last year those numbers where over 6 games

A Wilson - does he take Landry's role in Mia

I'm mostly in dynasties too but have to put on my redraft hat every now and then.  :D

Hurns could easily be the Cowboys' WR1, whatever that means nowadays.

Yeldon is a guy I didn't really think of.  Fournette actually caught way more balls than I expected him to but looks like the Jag offense can support a second RB in PPR formats. Nice call.

If Wilson assumes the Landry role this guy could be the steal of '18.  I think his ADP will rise.

One unfortunate thing for Hurns is that he might not be able to play in the slot which is where he plays best.  Beasley and Austin could get those snaps.  Hurns is a bit slow and lacks the separation creating abilities to play at an elite level on the outside.  I still like him at his adp.  He is a warrior.  The Dallas receiver I like best at his adp is Cole Beasley (adp of 292).  He could be PPR gold.  Two years ago, Beasley had 75 receptions while only playing 56.81% of snaps.  Dak doesn't like to throw downfield and whoever plays the slot won't have much competition from the tight ends for the short passes.  100 receptions isn't out of the realm of possibility for Beasley if he can regain his 2016 form.  I could be reading this all wrong.  Maybe the signing of Hurns means they aren't looking at Beasley to be the starting slot.  What his role is in the preseason will tell a lot.  Whoever is playing the slot in the preseason will be the Dallas receiver I target.

4 hours ago, millworkguy said:

J Mathews-  what is his role with NEP?

Mitchell - Is he the next go to guy for Brady

I'm definitely targeting the New England wide receivers.  A lot of snaps are available with the departure of Cooks and Amendola.  And Gronk and Edelman are high injury risks.  Chris Hogan is the most sure thing of the other receivers.  He played in more than 80% of snaps in all 9 games he played last year.  Before getting hurt, he was the 10th highest scoring fantasy wide receiver after the first 8 weeks.  Hogan's adp of 100.56 is a great bargain.  I can see drafting Matthews, Mitchell, or Dorsett if they look to have a big role in the preseason.

Eifert at 153 has a lot of upside.

Tyler Lockett and Paul Richardson (182/185) are guys I've held in Dyno.

Rishard Matthews at 193 is a free WR3.

Jonnu Smith and Vance McDonald are good late TE targets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BA Baracus said:

Vance McDonald are good late TE targets.

Vance looked good last year in his limited snaps and should be even better with a full off-season of working with the offense.  According to PFF, he was better than Jesse James in every facet of the game.  Vance had an overall grade of 76.9 which was the 11th best tight end.  Jesse had an overall grade of 46.9 which was the 50th best tight end out of 71.  Vance had a receiving grade of 62.5.  Jesse had a receiving grade of 48.7.  Vance had a run block grade of 81.2.  Jesse had a run block grade of 47.0.  Vance had a pass block grade of 67.8.  Jesse had a pass block grade of 54.5.  It shouldn't be difficult for Vance to win the starting job and be the beneficiary of defenses focusing on the Steelers' other receiving weapons.

These are the players with 12th round MFL10 adps or worse that I will be targeting:

Player                      ADP

Giovani Bernard       133

Devontae Booker     134

Ty Montgomery        137

Tyler Eifert                138

Cameron Meredith   144

Corey Clement         152

Allen Hurns              156

Jared Cook              159

Dede Westbrook      160

Keelan Cole             163

Case Keenum          165

Tyrell Williams          171

Mike Williams           175

Ricky Seals-Jones   186

Peyton Barber          189

Nyheim Hines           191

Ben Watson              194

John Ross                228

Cole Beasley            238

Deonte Thompson    240

Edited by michaelredd9

• 4 weeks later...

Chris Carson going that late just seems like a crime...although with what constitutes the Seattle offensive line I foresee the same thing happening to the Seahawk's RBs as last year.  2-3 games and then pop!

Moncrief, Enunwa, and Butt all seem like good value that late.

Will be watching Coutee in preseason as I think he mostly mans the slot in Houston this season...that should pay huge dividends as long as Watson stays healthy.  I think he's a better athlete than Fuller, but JMHO.

Will also be watching Gathers, Schultz and Jarwin to see who, if any, can emerge as the primary receiving TE in Dallas.

3 hours ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Chris Carson going that late just seems like a crime...although with what constitutes the Seattle offensive line I foresee the same thing happening to the Seahawk's RBs as last year.  2-3 games and then pop!

Moncrief, Enunwa, and Butt all seem like good value that late.

Will be watching Coutee in preseason as I think he mostly mans the slot in Houston this season...that should pay huge dividends as long as Watson stays healthy.  I think he's a better athlete than Fuller, but JMHO.

Will also be watching Gathers, Schultz and Jarwin to see who, if any, can emerge as the primary receiving TE in Dallas.

Carson?  Why would you draft a backup RB?  Penny will be the starter in SEA.  :woot:  

JAX WR corps a mess.  I'd rather go with Cole, although it looks like his ADP may rise a bit.  NYJ WR corps also a mess.  I'd rather stab at Hansen or even Pryor out of that group.  Don't trust Anderson or Kearse much.  Butt is a decent TE grab... as your #2.  Could provide spot start value.

I like Coutee a lot, actually.  You're right though... depends on heath of Watson.  That offense might be able to support 3 legit WRs.

Sounds like Jarwin holds the edge for the starting TE spot in Dallas.  Gathers' stock is slipping.  Quickly.

On 6/22/2018 at 11:15 PM, michaelredd9 said:

Seferian-Jenkins is an ideal second tight end.  I wouldn't want to have to rely on him as my starter but he has the potential to be a top-5 fantasy tight end.  The perfect lottery ticket.

agreed... 

On 6/22/2018 at 4:58 PM, darin3 said:

Carson?  Why would you draft a backup RB?  Penny will be the starter in SEA.  :woot:  

Penny will start the season as the back-up to Carson...bank it. :)

Problem is no matter who starts that o-line is a sieve and no one is going to last too long trying to run thru it.  Another year of revolving backs...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Carson looks fairly electric running the ball, got that wiggle and wow factor about him.  Watch some of his college tape when you get a chance.

Not sure how long any of them will last though...there's a reason all the Seattle RBs get hurt after a few games, as the offensive line is non-existent. 

• Like 1

I thought Chris Carson passed the eye test last year on the small sample size.  Averaging 4.2 ypc behind a horrible offensive line is very respectable.  PFF gave Carson an overall grade of 82.5 and a run grade of 83.8.  The Seahawks' 3 running backs with the most carries, Eddie Lacy (2.6 ypc), Mike Davis (3.5 ypc), and Thomas Rawls (2.7 ypc), fared much worse. 

When he was asked which player has impressed him the most so far this offseason, Pete Carroll named Chris Carson.  It could be coachspeak but the Seattle beat reporters have also said that Carson has looked amazing so far this preseason.  Here is what Sunshine Pete had to say:  “What has really jumped out is Chris Carson. Chris has looked incredible the whole time, the entire offseason," Carroll said. "He hasn’t missed one snap of anything. He just looks so fit, he’s just so cut and quick and explosive and all that. He might be the guy, when you look at everybody, who jumps out in that regard."

Edited by michaelredd9

5 hours ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Why is that insane?...did you even watch Carson run last year?

What do you want to bet?

I was one of the first people that was vocal about him last year after watching him in preseason.  That being said, he doesn't have anywhere near the skillset and ceiling that Penny does.  Plus, Carson can't stay healthy.  He was injured all through college.  I'd bet taking the season off from the forums :D

• Haha 1

Plus, the way he runs that makes him so exciting is that he's a total bruiser, and that runstyle usually leads to injuries.  That run style + his injury history = he can't be relied on.  Penny can make one cut and take it 60 yards to the house.  Carson doesn't have that breakaway speed.