[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deeper Sleepers

darin3

12 hours ago, Crazysight said:

Carson's a pounder and seems to be a good one, but I have a hard time seeing him as more than just a part time back, especially with a 3 cone drill of over 7.5.  I mean it's possible that he could have slipped during the drill or just had a bad run, but still...

I'd sell high on him and buy low on Penny when able to, especially in dynasty.

I'm not very pro-Carson.  I am anti-Penny.  I think Penny's most likely scenario is bust.  He still has a 5th round adp.  Carson's adp has risen from the 14th round to the 9th round so a lot of his value is gone.  But if Carson does win the starting job and averages something like 12 carries for 53 yards with 2 receptions, that is nice asset to have on a fantasy bench.  But his situation is too uncertain and his ceiling is too low for me to use a 9th round pick on him.

I think Carson has a solid year and holds off Penny the majority of the year until Seattle becomes irrelevant.  Carol will have no choice but to see what they have in Penny.

And my steal pick this year is Moncrief.  1200+ yards this year and at least 6 TD's..

Edited by BearBroncos

4 hours ago, BearBroncos said:

And my steal pick this year is Moncrief.  1200+ yards this year and at least 6 TD's..

I like Moncrief but 1,200+ yards is a crazy number.  The Jags have a ton of WRs that will command playing time and targets.  Plus they are a run-first team.  I'd be shocked if he tops 850 yards.  But even then, 850 yards and 5-6 TDs makes for a decent bye week plug.

On 6/28/2018 at 9:23 AM, ABearWithFurniture said:

Bet would have to be that either Penny or Carson take the 1st snap on offense in the 1st game of the regular season...if either one gets hurt before that game or neither of them are in there then no bet.

Penny with broken finger:  https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/8/14/17691726/report-rashaad-penny-seattle-seahawks-rb-has-injured-hand-including-a-broken-finger

Here's a deep sleeper for you all... Mack Hollins. A few reasons... First, Alshon and Agholor are both banged up. If Alshon sits the first couple of games, Hollins could earn his way into a prominent role. Alshon is no stranger to injury, and his timeline coming off of torn rotator cuff surgery was always a little tight anyway. Hollins is a big dude too - bigger than Alshon (6'4"). He does have to contend with current #3 WR Mike Wallace, but Wallace is 32 and a known commodity. Hollins has more upside as an unknown. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Did you see Carson leap over CB Roby? That was embarrassing.

And who the heck is rookie TE Dissly?

out of nowhere!

2nd TE, mainly blocking, but puts up big stats!

I'm thinking a one week wonder, but if he gets 5 targets next week, yes truly a sleeper.

6 hours ago, kdko said:

Penny got more touches than Carson, so I definitely won the bet.

Seriously dude...the bet was who was RB1 with the first touches.  Definitely Carson...

If you want to welch on it, go for it...

Edited by ABearWithFurniture
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Seriously dude...the bet was who was RB1 with the first touches.  Definitely Carson...

If you want to welch on it, go for it...

So I guess Darren Sproles is the starting RB on the Eagles since he got the first touch?  

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

is this for real?

penny 7 carries for 8 yards! :lol:

carson 7 carries for 51 yards!

Did you watch the game...?  Denver was up their ass all night, and Penny was getting penetration in the backfield on most of his runs.  They were supposed to ease Penny in, yet he got more overall touches than Carson.  For Carson owners, this is worst case scenario moving forward.  Not to mention Carson put the ball on the ground :lol:  Sorry to break it to Carson owners.  I didn't land Penny sadly so I really have no dog in the fight.  If we're pointing to the yardage, I guess Tarik Cohen > Jordan Howard during those 9-7 and 7-6 games last year, huh?

Carson got the nominal start, but it looked like a completely equal timeshare.  Both Carson and Penny played 43.86% of snaps.  They were sharing backfield duties from the beginning of the game.  Carson's fumble didn't come until halfway into the 3rd quarter.  Penny had 1 more carry than Carson at the time of the fumble.  After Carson's fumble, Penny started the next series at running back but Carson came back in for the 4th play of that series.  It also wasn't a case of the "hot hand" because Carson's first 3 touches were for 10 yards, 24 yards, and 44 yards, yet, they were still giving Penny an equal amount of touches.  This does not bode well for Carson.  Penny came into camp fat, missed several weeks with a broken finger, and he still was an equal partner to Carson in the backfield.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Carson got the nominal start, but it looked like a completely equal timeshare.  Both Carson and Penny played 43.86% of snaps.  They were sharing backfield duties from the beginning of the game.  Carson's fumble didn't come until halfway into the 3rd quarter.  Penny had 1 more carry than Carson at the time of the fumble.  After Carson's fumble, Penny started the next series at running back but Carson came back in for the 4th play of that series.  It also wasn't a case of the "hot hand" because Carson's first 3 touches were for 10 yards, 24 yards, and 44 yards, yet, they were still giving Penny an equal amount of touches.  This does not bode well for Carson.  Penny came into camp fat, missed several weeks with a broken finger, and he still was an equal partner to Carson in the backfield.

Yep, more bad news for Carson owners.  Snap count from week 1:

1.jpg

Carson and Penny had the exact same snap count, so Carson being the week 1 starter is complete BS.  It was literally a 50/50 timeshare, except they had him playing on special teams too which leads me to believe they wouldn't want to risk injury to Penny.  I think Lockett's snap count stands out too.  98%?!!! I might pick him up, there are going to be huge weeks ahead for him.

Penny looked like straight dog poo.  The eye test disparity between Carson and Penny was as bad as the statistical disparity.  Penny may turn into a good RB later this season or next, but Carson is the better RB right now, and it's not close.  Carroll consistently goes with the player 'competing' better on the field in lieu of status or profile.  I expect Carson's timeshare to increase for the near future.

Edited by Bobby Brown