darin3

Deeper Sleepers

Darboh and Moore are both athletic physical specimens who are also in the mix for Seattle.  Keep a close eye on how Seattle's receiver group fares in the preseason games and if anybody seems to stand out.

Edited by Crazysight

On 8/5/2018 at 3:50 AM, michaelredd9 said:

I just did a search on Carson's injury history.  The only injury in college that I could find was a thumb injury.  He did tear his acl in high school.  His physical running style might put him at a little extra risk of some kinds of injuries.  But most serious injuries occur from something awkward happening.

Carson's a pounder and seems to be a good one, but I have a hard time seeing him as more than just a part time back, especially with a 3 cone drill of over 7.5.  I mean it's possible that he could have slipped during the drill or just had a bad run, but still...

I'd sell high on him and buy low on Penny when able to, especially in dynasty.

Edited by Crazysight

12 hours ago, Crazysight said:

Carson's a pounder and seems to be a good one, but I have a hard time seeing him as more than just a part time back, especially with a 3 cone drill of over 7.5.  I mean it's possible that he could have slipped during the drill or just had a bad run, but still...

I'd sell high on him and buy low on Penny when able to, especially in dynasty.

I'm not very pro-Carson.  I am anti-Penny.  I think Penny's most likely scenario is bust.  He still has a 5th round adp.  Carson's adp has risen from the 14th round to the 9th round so a lot of his value is gone.  But if Carson does win the starting job and averages something like 12 carries for 53 yards with 2 receptions, that is nice asset to have on a fantasy bench.  But his situation is too uncertain and his ceiling is too low for me to use a 9th round pick on him.

Seahawks | Rashaad Penny leaves early
Mon, 13 Aug 2018 13:07:51 -0700

Seattle Seahawks RB Rashaad Penny (undisclosed) left practice early Monday, Aug. 13, but offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer said he thinks Penny will be fine.

Penny's luster has faded over the last month or so with Chris Carson making a good impression again. Seattle's backfield will be one to keep an eye on as the preseason progresses. Penny still deserves low-end RB2 to high-end RB3 consideration.

Source: The Seattle Times - Bob Condotta

I think Carson has a solid year and holds off Penny the majority of the year until Seattle becomes irrelevant.  Carol will have no choice but to see what they have in Penny.

And my steal pick this year is Moncrief.  1200+ yards this year and at least 6 TD's..

Edited by BearBroncos

4 hours ago, BearBroncos said:

And my steal pick this year is Moncrief.  1200+ yards this year and at least 6 TD's..

I like Moncrief but 1,200+ yards is a crazy number.  The Jags have a ton of WRs that will command playing time and targets.  Plus they are a run-first team.  I'd be shocked if he tops 850 yards.  But even then, 850 yards and 5-6 TDs makes for a decent bye week plug.

On 6/28/2018 at 9:23 AM, ABearWithFurniture said:

Bet would have to be that either Penny or Carson take the 1st snap on offense in the 1st game of the regular season...if either one gets hurt before that game or neither of them are in there then no bet.

Penny with broken finger:  https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/8/14/17691726/report-rashaad-penny-seattle-seahawks-rb-has-injured-hand-including-a-broken-finger

I like these 3 later..

Dede Westbrook

Corey Clement

Mike Williams

Here's a deep sleeper for you all... Mack Hollins. A few reasons... First, Alshon and Agholor are both banged up. If Alshon sits the first couple of games, Hollins could earn his way into a prominent role. Alshon is no stranger to injury, and his timeline coming off of torn rotator cuff surgery was always a little tight anyway. Hollins is a big dude too - bigger than Alshon (6'4"). He does have to contend with current #3 WR Mike Wallace, but Wallace is 32 and a known commodity. Hollins has more upside as an unknown. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MTSuper7 said:

Here's a deep sleeper for you all... Mack Hollins. A few reasons... First, Alshon and Agholor are both banged up. If Alshon sits the first couple of games, Hollins could earn his way into a prominent role. Alshon is no stranger to injury, and his timeline coming off of torn rotator cuff surgery was always a little tight anyway. Hollins is a big dude too - bigger than Alshon (6'4"). He does have to contend with current #3 WR Mike Wallace, but Wallace is 32 and a known commodity. Hollins has more upside as an unknown. 

i like that.

granted, with a healthy Alshon and Agholor along with Goedert... there are going to be a lot of quality players. I think that Wallace is going to quickly be the #5 when all are healthy. Depending on what PHI does, Wallace might even fall behind Goedert.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:58 PM, darin3 said:

Carson?  Why would you draft a backup RB?  Penny will be the starter in SEA.  :woot:  

So...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

So...

:shrug: Obviously things change.  My post was in June.  I'm not the only one here or elsewhere that thought Penny had the inside track back then.  Congrats?

On 6/25/2018 at 1:47 PM, ABearWithFurniture said:

Penny will start the season as the back-up to Carson...bank it. :)

several of you thought Bear was foolish. He called it 2.5 months ago

20 hours ago, darin3 said:

:shrug: Obviously things change.  My post was in June.  I'm not the only one here or elsewhere that thought Penny had the inside track back then.  Congrats?

Hey...I got one right.  Have to laud it over somebody. :)

• Like 1

Carson won't be the starter by about week 3.  Penny will still end the season as the starter, and ill forum bet anyone on that!

4 minutes ago, kdko said:

Carson won't be the starter by about week 3.  Penny will still end the season as the starter, and ill forum bet anyone on that!

lol, didn't you already lose a bet on who will start the season?

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

didn't you already lose a bet on who will start the season?

Believe in something.  Even if it means sacrificing everything.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Believe in something.  Even if it means sacrificing everything.

wait.... is the K in kdko kaepernick?

On 9/7/2018 at 10:27 AM, ABearWithFurniture said:

Hey...I got one right.  Have to laud it over somebody. :)

Did you see Carson leap over CB Roby? That was embarrassing.

And who the heck is rookie TE Dissly?

On 6/28/2018 at 11:59 AM, kdko said:

I'm down for that :brew:

Cheers dude...I like my Tito's ice cold or my Pilsner Urquel even colder. :)

5 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Did you see Carson leap over CB Roby? That was embarrassing.

And who the heck is rookie TE Dissly?

out of nowhere!

2nd TE, mainly blocking, but puts up big stats!

I'm thinking a one week wonder, but if he gets 5 targets next week, yes truly a sleeper.

On 9/8/2018 at 1:30 PM, LordOpie said:

lol, didn't you already lose a bet on who will start the season?

:moon:

Edited by kdko
  • Haha 1