[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deeper Sleepers

darin3

15 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Penny looked like straight dog poo.  The eye test disparity between Carson and Penny was as bad as the statistical disparity.  Penny may turn into a good RB later this season or next, but Carson is the better RB right now, and it's not close.  Carroll consistently goes with the better player in lieu of status or profile.  I expect Carson's timeshare to increase for the near future.

:lol::lol:

8 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Yes. Arguably the best defensive player in the game stole Carson's lunch money like a bully.  Ball security can always effect timeshares.  

That still doesn't change the fact Penny was clearly outplayed in Week 1 by Carson.  :)

Khalil Mack did the same thing to DeShone Kizer, but he really is a bad QB and I fear for GB if they need to use him.

Its only one game, Carson clearly did more with his opportunities, I'm hoping he can give me something this year, considered drafting Penny but without much at RB I needed guys I was more certain would be involved early. 

• 1 month later...

Im holding Penny for now, trade offers have been coming for low ball offers.

Other top owners are aware of the Seattle back field mess and are recognizing possibly a late season value at this point.

My advice is if you already own him, hold him, may be good value late, but if Im trading for him, don't give up much.

Penny came into camp fat.  He should be in good shape by now.  There are plenty of examples of running backs who were thought to have been forgotten who end up becoming featured late in the season.  Penny has natural talent.  Seattle has been featuring their run game and Pete likes featuring one back.  I see a lot of reasons to be optimistic about Penny.  This week seems an especially good time to roster Penny with Carson's injury.

1 hour ago, gallagorilla said:

He's not worth the roster space. Davis is firmly ahead of him

Davis is ahead of him until he is not.  They both might be roster worthy depending on roster size.  But at the end of the day Rashaad Penny is a first round talent and Mike Davis is probably JAG.  Both are lottery tickets at this point.  But a Seattle lottery ticket running back has more value than most lottery tickets because Pete likes to feature one back.  On most teams, if the starter goes down it ends up being a RBBC.