[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hunter Henry torn acl

whomper

NFL reports same. Gates is not a replacemen. He knows the plays but his body cannot run them. No real replacement likely means lots of WR passes.

Wow that blows.  Say what you will about Rivers but he deserves better luck than he's had.  He's routinely one of the best QBs in the biz but the Bolts can never put it together...and this year looked so promising (not that it's exactly over now, but that's a huge blow IMO).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

I took a $1 flier on Virgil Green. :shrug: 

Simply having an opportunity virtually never translates to fantasy relevance for a tight end.  It isn't running back.  Tight ends have to earn their targets.  Virgil played 47% of snaps last year and had 14 receptions.  Even with better quarterback play and a quarterback that likes throwing to tight ends, his ceiling is probably 40 receptions.  Even his ceiling isn't worthy of a roster spot.  I guess you can pray he pulls off a Gary Barnidge age 30 miracle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Simply having an opportunity virtually never translates to fantasy relevance for a tight end.  It isn't running back.  Tight ends have to earn their targets.  Virgil played 47% of snaps last year and had 14 receptions.  Even with better quarterback play and a quarterback that likes throwing to tight ends, his ceiling is probably 40 receptions.  Even his ceiling isn't worthy of a roster spot.  I guess you can pray he pulls off a Gary Barnidge age 30 miracle.

If I have to use him for a bye week filler and he gets me a TD, I'll be happy. I'll never start him beyond that. 

• 3 weeks later...