[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty deal for #2 pick?

12 team 2 division PPR IDP  DYNASTY  league,  5 round mini draft

I'm not going to be able to get a deal done for the #1 pick that I'm comfortable with. Wondering about trying to deal for the #2. The guy with the pick did some trading last year. He has R1-2,   R1-12,   R2-1,   R2-11,   R3-2

I have R1-6,  R1-7,  R1-10,  R2-3,  R3-7

Thoughts on if I offer him,  he sends me R1-2 & R2-11 & I send him R1-7 & R2-3? That moves him up 8 spots on that second R2 pick. He moves down a handful  on his 1st pick but would give him 4 of his 5 picks by the 1st 15 picks of the draft. I would think that would be enticing to him. 

Thoughts?

Edited by FastSteve

I do see what you guys are saying. The problem is each team has to have 5 picks. There isn't any settings in the league that allow unequal number of draft picks. I've look at roster composition & it doesn't really workon out well for me to entice himup with players. I wish I could figure something out to move up. I have 3 picks in 1st round but the top 3/4 RB will likely be gone by the 6th pick, my 1st. What is probably going to happen is the 1st or 2nd rated WR is probably going to fall into my lap & I don't  need help at receiving, WR or TE. What I may do is take 2 QB if the top 2 rookies are there at 6/7 & look to move 1 after the draft. There are at least a couple of teams probably looking at QB's. League is only 1 starter but heavy on QB score along with 6 point pass a TD. I will either use my R1-10 or R2-3 on an LB. And probably use my last pick in R3 on K Greg Zuerlein if he is still there as he is a FA. I'll drop Graham Gano for him. If he gets taken before hand I will probably try to go DB. I'm just not going to to be happy with 3 first-round picks taking an RB that isn't  top 3, 4 at worst. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 5:01 PM, FastSteve said:

I do see what you guys are saying. The problem is each team has to have 5 picks. There isn't any settings in the league that allow unequal number of draft picks.

No offense but that's dumb.  :shrug: 

30 minutes ago, darin3 said:

No offense but that's dumb.  :shrug: 

I haven't seen  a single league that allows uneven number of draft picks. It would mean 1 or some teams would have to, at least temporarily, be allowed to exceed set roster limits.

2 hours ago, FastSteve said:

I haven't seen  a single league that allows uneven number of draft picks. It would mean 1 or some teams would have to, at least temporarily, be allowed to exceed set roster limits.

Every league I am in that is a keeper/dynasty allows unequal draft picks and all have no offseason roster limit. There is a cut down day before opening week when each team must cut down to the roster limit.

And hopefully you don't also have positional limits - that's almost as dumb as the fixed number of picks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big Country said:

Every league I am in that is a keeper/dynasty allows unequal draft picks and all have no offseason roster limit. There is a cut down day before opening week when each team must cut down to the roster limit.

And hopefully you don't also have positional limits - that's almost as dumb as the fixed number of picks.

Positional limits are not dumb. The league does have them. First so people can't just stock pile a single position. Say like RB. Or just offensive  positions. There was a person who did this. Didn't carry a single backup at the IDP positions. Second it helps ensure that waivers, especially at a position like RB have players that are actually worth SOMETHING. Even If it is minimally. Instead of just a bunch of scrap that very possibility could go negative points for you. Pretty much everyone in the league agrees with it because they were sick of a couple of hoarders stock piling a couple of positions while completely ignoring the rest of their team before we enacted position limits. The hoarders made pretty much all the offensive positions USELESS from a waiver standpoint. Every week snap up any offensive player who shows any glimmer. Or go without IDP starter during a bye because heaven forbid they use a bench spot on a backup IDP. The roster & the position limits do temporarily bump up for the 5 round mini draft. 

Edited by FastSteve

the only way I see you getting the 1.02 would be to trade 1.06 and 1.10 for the 1.02 and 2.11.  given the depth this year I am not sure that will benefit you.  I assume you are trying to trade up for an RB?  

8 hours ago, sambo said:

the only way I see you getting the 1.02 would be to trade 1.06 and 1.10 for the 1.02 and 2.11.  given the depth this year I am not sure that will benefit you.  I assume you are trying to trade up for an RB?  

Yes I would like to add an RB. I have Gurley & McCaffery - who is being talked up a lot for this season. Mac was top 10 in this league last season. But beyond that, I'm not gushing on my RB - J Williams GB, Stewart - NYG, taking away the insurance I had on Mac, S Perine WAS who is in really crowded backfield at this point. Lookingforward at teams, 4/5 RB could be off the board by my first pick at 6th. Sitting with three 1st rounders, I'm not going to be happy taking 5/6th ranked RB. Hell I have 4/5 of my picks within the first 15 picks. 

Because byes can burn you in dynasty I always carry 3 QB. I had 2 on same bye before. I am just thinking forgoing RB this year. With 3 R1 picks I really hate taking a risky RB. Looking at what is between  my R1-7 & R1-10 I will be taking a QB  with the 6th or 7th as very good chance 2 go with those picks in between. I have no need for WR but high value ones are likely to be there at 6/7. 

So I'm thinking my draft is shaping up to go maybe one of these ways for first 4 picks

QB WR LB DB

QB QB LB DB   if I can grab my top 2 QB 

WR  WR  LB DB  if both the rookie WR from ATL & CAR are there & then I guess I trade 2 other WR to get within season limit

With 3 R1picks picks I'm not going to be happy with the best RB I can get being 5/6th ranked & with 3 R1 picks I'm going to be a bit posses that it doesn't get me a high end RB.