LordOpie

Most under valued dynasty rookie... redraft sleeper too

DaeSean Hamilton DEN WR

now that my rookie drafts are over, I'm not worried about my league mates reading this. I only got him in one leauge, pick 31. On MFL's rookie ADP, he is at pick 34. On FFC's rookie adp, he is not even listed in their 42 rookie picks. He's going to be the best rookie WR for DEN since Eddie Royal (91/980/5), maybe even exceed that. I'm sure most of you know about his successful college career, but here's two pieces of info most don't know.

1. He and Emanuel Sanders have been friends for a few years. In a radio interview, Hamilton talked about all the conversations he had with "Eman" while in college and the advice he received. Hamilton has been getting mentoring by a successful NFL WR, just like Royal got with Rod Smith the off-season leading up to Royal's rookie year... except that Hamilton and Eman have been friends for a few years instead of few months.
  2. Sanders is done. He almost retired in the middle of last season. As a DEN fan, I didn't know that until he said it a month ago. His ankle is still (as of today) not healed. His body and mind are finished with football. Based on recent history, the main driving force for him continue to play might be the mentoring role. I know some outside DEN think of Sanders as only a loud-mouthed, me-first WR, but he's also a good team mate and a great mentor.

so, besides Hamilton being a great sleeper, even for redraft, I'm also suggesting selling Sanders in dynasty. There's still a chance that Sanders has clean up surgery on his ankle. Tho I think he'll tough it out (he's one of the toughest players, pound-for-pound) and probably miss a handful of games this year before calling it a career.

lastly, DEN doesn't have a slot receiver or TE and Hamilton can excel in the slot. He has the potential to be top 20 in PPR with over 200pts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

Good posting. Thoughts on Sutton?

thanks!

There are questions on whether or not DEN should've picked up DT's option this year. Many think he's being over-paid and the thinking is that Sutton takes DT's role next season. I like Sutton and think he and Hamilton will be the core for several years. The difference is that there's an immediate need that Hamilton can fill and have immediate value. Dynasty-wise, they're both great. The only way Sutton has redraft value is from injury or if DT or Eman is traded. So, Sutton will probably have a half dozen FF relevant games this year? So very late round redraft value.

EDIT: I see you have Sutton in DAD :)

Edited by LordOpie

Where is Mayfield going in rookie dynasty drafts this year?  Never played in one.

6 hours ago, kdko said:

Where is Mayfield going in rookie dynasty drafts this year?  Never played in one.

2nd round in all 3 of mine

9 hours ago, kdko said:

You really want to pick through this thread:

I like Hamilton too.

If you want a guy to throw a dart at in round 4 or 5, try Justin Watson.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

I like Hamilton too.

If you want a guy to throw a dart at in round 4 or 5, try Justin Watson.

thanks!