[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buccs might be interested in Adrian Peterson?

tazinib1

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Must people don't realize that their rookie rb is a wild card not an actual rb. Looking into Peterson and not singing him means that Peyton barber will be a huge sleeper

Uhhhhhhh what??? 

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Must people don't realize that their rookie rb is a wild card not an actual rb. Looking into Peterson and not singing him means that Peyton barber will be a huge sleeper

It cracks me up reading all the Kool-Aid people drink on unknown quantities.  Of the running backs drafted in the first and second round, one-third will be good, one-third will be average, and one-third will outright bust.  It is hard to know which ones will bust since they all look dominant on gametape playing against small, slow college players.  And some that will eventually be good will still have a small role in their rookie year because of inexperience in pass protection.  Right now is a good time to trade rookies for more proven veterans in dynasty leagues while the sweet taste of Kool-Aid is fresh in their mouth.

I love Peyton Barber at his adp of 189.  His 3.9 ypc isn't bad considering how poor his offensive line was at run-blocking last year.  Doug Martin averaged 2.9 ypc.  PFF gave Barber a very respectable overall grade of 74.1 with a run grade of 76.3.  The vast majority of Barber's carries came at the end of the year when Tampa Bay's best run-blocking offensive lineman, Demar Dotson, was out with injury.  Demar Dotson is supposed to return at full health.  And the signing of Ryan Jensen and the moving of Ali Marpet back to guard should improve their interior run-blocking considerably.  Ronald Jones is a home run swing of a running back.  He is fast but he is bad at pass protection and a poor receiver.  Even if he does turn out good, Jones is a project who'll probably take a year or two to be trustworthy enough to earn the starting job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2018 at 5:19 PM, michaelredd9 said:

I think it is possible he could end up playing for St Louis.

Hilarious. I just found out about this league yesterday lol. They do have an impressive list of Head Coaches...I must say. 

• 3 weeks later...

Every running back taken with a high draft pick has had a local beat writer say that they think that player will get a heavy workload.  Except for Sony Michel.  No beat writer is foolish enough to make a prognostication that involves Belichick.  In the case of Ronald Jones, one Tampa Bay Times writer has said he thinks Jones will get 15-20 touches while another Tampa Bay Times writer has said he thinks it'll be a timeshare with Barber and Sims.  I'm not sure which of those two writers is more credible but I'm not going to trust any local beat writer in June.  They are guessing.  Jones has had issues at pass protection and has little experience at receiving.  He will have to prove himself at those skills to see a high percentage of the snaps.  He couldn't have already proven himself at those skills.  He is also smallish which makes a heavy workload less likely.  He does look special on his college gametape as a rusher.  Right now he is very high risk/high reward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some smaller running backs can handle a heavy workload.  It is hard to predict who can and who cannot handle it until it happens.  But it is extremely rare for a team to give a small rookie running back the opportunity to prove that they can handle a heavy workload in their first year.  Teams like to protect their investment and play it safe for a year or two with the small guys.  I believe the last time a rookie running back lighter than 215 pounds had 200 carries was Chris Johnson in 2008.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Rick Stroud is usually pretty good with his reporting. Demar Dotson still isn't really all the way back yet and this whole team has the feel of an untethered boat before a storm. I can't for the life of me figure out what this franchise is doing.

If Peyton Barber has value, God help us all.....I don't care much for Jones at his current ADP (I like other RBs around there a bit more) and I think a flyer on Barber in the late rounds makes more sense for now.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2018 at 11:43 PM, LordOpie said:

He's more like Ty Montgomery than a regular rb. I know, shocking. 

wut? 

Ronald Jones is not a known pass-catcher.  Montgomery was a (mediocre) WR before Green Bay converted him.  They are nothing alike, IMO.

I try to keep up with Bronco news, but been working overseas for many years now (Afghanistan).

14-and 16 team leagues, yes, then TB RBs are worth roster spot.  I like Barber until he shows that he cannot be cow bell.

The rest of preseason for TB will be telling who will secure RB1 on TB.  Hopefully Barber can continue to pull away from the pack.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

you sounds like a great person, and yet, root for the raiders?

lived in CA most of my life until I moved to CO in 2000.

I've been there through the good and bad times with Raiders (Oak, to LA, back to Oak, and now to Las Vegas).

Loyal fan.  I've seen to many fair weather fans in many cities, which questions how true a fan they are.  Hypocrites. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, XFlash said:

lived in CA most of my life until I moved to CO in 2000.

I've been there through the good and bad times with Raiders (Oak, to LA, back to Oak, and now to Las Vegas).

Loyal fan.  I've seen to many fair weather fans in many cities, which questions how true a fan they are.  Hypocrites. 

There were good times with the Raiders?

1 hour ago, NAUgrad said:

There were good times with the Raiders?

Of course!

Playoffs berths, Super Bowl wins, great HOF players on both sides of the ball....

Also, bad times, but still a loyal fan.

Before Elway finally won his SB, there were many Denver fans that were down on Denver being just like BUF.  All show until it counted.  Many teams have good and bad years, sometimes multiple years.

7 minutes ago, Inziladun said:

Anyone else just impressed about the idea of Adrian Peterson playing ANOTHER season.

Honestly no, I wish he would call it a career.  He's not filling a role on any team at this point unlike Emmitt or the Bus back in the day. 

• Like 1