[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buccs might be interested in Adrian Peterson?

tazinib1

10 hours ago, Shaft said:

Ugghhh...that backfield is a mess! 

That was why they drafted Guice who they expected to carry the load, then he goes down for the season so they figured they needed to do something, with few options out there. The trio of Perine, Kelly, Thompson wasn't enough.

I was just looking at some stats, AP had similar numbers last year to Perine, same 3.4 yd/rush average, fewer carries in fewer games. Could be those two split the load, Fat Rob gets the bulldozer calls, and Thompson the 3rd down back. Some Redskins fans I was taking with don't think he'll be used much at all, mostly there for practice and pre-season, doubt AP would sign on for that. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Ronald Jones rushed 10 times for only four yards Thursday in the Buccaneers’ preseason finale against the Jaguars.

His longest run went for all of five yards. This caps an extremely underwhelming preseason for the rookie, who managed just 22 yards on 28 carries. Jones disappointed as a pass-catcher at USC and has continued that trend in the NFL, dropping two of three targets during the preseason. The 21-year-old will have to scratch and claw for work with Jacquizz Rodgers behind starter Peyton Barber.

Aug 30 - 10:26 PM

I'm not worried about preseason. However, his YPC is concerning. His pass catching better improve or he'll be just another 2 down dude. Not a big Baber fan and Rodgers stinks. We'll see. Let's visit this at the end of the year. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

oops...

Ronald Jones is listed as the No. 3 back on the Bucs' initial depth chart.

Jones is behind not only Peyton Barber, but Jacquizz Rodgers. It's a fitting end to Jones' brutal summer and preseason. It's hard to see Jones coming into re-draft relevance any time soon.

Sep 4 - 5:48 PM

Patience my friend