tazinib1

Buccs might be interested in Adrian Peterson?

Please god no. Anywhere but there. ANYWHERE!!!

Must people don't realize that their rookie rb is a wild card not an actual rb. Looking into Peterson and not singing him means that Peyton barber will be a huge sleeper

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Must people don't realize that their rookie rb is a wild card not an actual rb. Looking into Peterson and not singing him means that Peyton barber will be a huge sleeper

Uhhhhhhh what??? 

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

Uhhhhhhh what??? 

He's more like Ty Montgomery than a regular rb. I know, shocking. 

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

It cracks me up reading all the Kool-Aid people drink on unknown quantities.  Of the running backs drafted in the first and second round, one-third will be good, one-third will be average, and one-third will outright bust.  It is hard to know which ones will bust since they all look dominant on gametape playing against small, slow college players.  And some that will eventually be good will still have a small role in their rookie year because of inexperience in pass protection.  Right now is a good time to trade rookies for more proven veterans in dynasty leagues while the sweet taste of Kool-Aid is fresh in their mouth.

I love Peyton Barber at his adp of 189.  His 3.9 ypc isn't bad considering how poor his offensive line was at run-blocking last year.  Doug Martin averaged 2.9 ypc.  PFF gave Barber a very respectable overall grade of 74.1 with a run grade of 76.3.  The vast majority of Barber's carries came at the end of the year when Tampa Bay's best run-blocking offensive lineman, Demar Dotson, was out with injury.  Demar Dotson is supposed to return at full health.  And the signing of Ryan Jensen and the moving of Ali Marpet back to guard should improve their interior run-blocking considerably.  Ronald Jones is a home run swing of a running back.  He is fast but he is bad at pass protection and a poor receiver.  Even if he does turn out good, Jones is a project who'll probably take a year or two to be trustworthy enough to earn the starting job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Peyton barber will be a huge sleeper

Bingo

• Thanks 1

AP mentioned several teams, did not include TB, but included "St. Louis." :fool:

19 hours ago, LordOpie said:

He's more like Ty Montgomery than a regular rb. I know, shocking. 

:lol: I'll just leave that right here. 

47 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

:lol: I'll just leave that right here. 

what do you think his potential is? Three down back? 1st-2nd down grinder? Change of pace? 3rd down blocker and receiver?

3 hours ago, Big John said:

AP mentioned several teams, did not include TB, but included "St. Louis." :fool:

I think it is possible he could end up playing for St Louis.

• Like 1

I love it that AP is universally viewed as a washed up idiot. Child beating piece of manure.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2018 at 5:19 PM, michaelredd9 said:

I think it is possible he could end up playing for St Louis.

Hilarious. I just found out about this league yesterday lol. They do have an impressive list of Head Coaches...I must say. 

10 hours ago, BA Baracus said:

I love it that AP is universally viewed as a washed up idiot. Child beating piece of manure.

i was very disappointed when DEN considered him before he signed with NOS. How the heck can people get upset about players kneeling, but want a child abuser on their team? Friends were surprised when I said I wanted DEN to get Richie Incognito. As far as I know, the guy is just a jerk, but hasn't hit or hurt anyone, that i know of.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 8:41 AM, BA Baracus said:

Bingo

Peyton Barber said he's trimmed down in an effort to get faster.

Barber has been on a strict diet with the goal of turning "excess fat" into "lean muscle." "At the Combine I ran a 4.62 or a 4.64, and then at my pro day I ran a 4.58," he said. "I’m getting closer to 4.5 right now." Barber has been typecast as a power back since joining the Bucs as an undrafted rookie in 2016, but believes he can be much more than that. "I want to show people that I can break off the long runs and that I’m not just a power back," he said. "I want to show everyone that I can be an all-around back." Barber said his goal is to rush for 1,000 yards this season, though that seems unlikely given the presence of second-round rookie Ronald Jones.

Jun 1 - 4:31 PM

when word gets out about him and how the rookie isn't a real NFL RB, Barber's ADP will climb fast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Isn't TB the team that drafted a PK in the 2nd round?

• Haha 1

Every running back taken with a high draft pick has had a local beat writer say that they think that player will get a heavy workload.  Except for Sony Michel.  No beat writer is foolish enough to make a prognostication that involves Belichick.  In the case of Ronald Jones, one Tampa Bay Times writer has said he thinks Jones will get 15-20 touches while another Tampa Bay Times writer has said he thinks it'll be a timeshare with Barber and Sims.  I'm not sure which of those two writers is more credible but I'm not going to trust any local beat writer in June.  They are guessing.  Jones has had issues at pass protection and has little experience at receiving.  He will have to prove himself at those skills to see a high percentage of the snaps.  He couldn't have already proven himself at those skills.  He is also smallish which makes a heavy workload less likely.  He does look special on his college gametape as a rusher.  Right now he is very high risk/high reward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Every running back taken with a high draft pick has had a local beat writer say that they think that player will get a heavy workload.  Except for Sony Michel.  No beat writer is foolish enough to make a prognostication that involves Belichick.  In the case of Ronald Jones, one Tampa Bay Times writer has said he thinks Jones will get 15-20 touches while another Tampa Bay Times writer has said he thinks it'll be a timeshare with Barber and Sims.  I'm not sure which of those two writers is more credible but I'm not going to trust any local beat writer in June.  They are guessing.  Jones has had issues at pass protection and has little experience at receiving.  He will have to prove himself at those skills to see a high percentage of the snaps.  He couldn't have already proven himself at those skills.  He is also smallish which makes a heavy workload less likely.  He does look special on his college gametape as a rusher.  Right now he is very high risk/high reward.

good post.

in addition to "Jones has had issues at pass protection and has little experience at receiving" ... he too often ran into the backs of his OL. Meaning this shifty speedster will look to bounce his runs outside only to find the NFL LBs are way faster than what he faced in college. The fact that Jones has been playing WR in OTAs suggests the team will look to get their speedster the ball in open space.

If that beat writer is correct that he'll get 15-20 touches per game, i'll predict that Jones goes on IR by week 12.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Some smaller running backs can handle a heavy workload.  It is hard to predict who can and who cannot handle it until it happens.  But it is extremely rare for a team to give a small rookie running back the opportunity to prove that they can handle a heavy workload in their first year.  Teams like to protect their investment and play it safe for a year or two with the small guys.  I believe the last time a rookie running back lighter than 215 pounds had 200 carries was Chris Johnson in 2008.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Thanks 1