[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should The Commissioner Review Lineups On A Weekly Basis?

the lone star

Should The Commissioner Review Lineups On A Weekly Basis?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Commissioner Review Lineups On A Weekly Basis?

• Yes, He Has To.
    • No. He Shouldn't And Doesn't Have To.
    • He Should When Possible, But Doesn't Have To Each Week.

So a thread on another board got me thinking. A poster said that he was the commish of his dynasty league and just didn't think it was his duty to check each team's lineup on a weekly basis. I kind of agreed, but then I thought about it and realized, well, I guess that is something he should do. Life obviously happens, but when he can and is not too busy, then I think that's a fair expectation.

But I understand that other people will disagree with that sentiment.

5 hours ago, Big Country said:

And his job is to do what exactly? Change the lineup to what he alone deems to be best?

What gives him that right? May as well let him negotiate all the trades between the teams, determine who should get what free agent, etc.

OP is probably talking about when people start a player on bye or who is injured.  I don't think it is the commissioner's responsibility to babysit league members and it isn't fair to interfere.  If someone starts someone who is out, it is on them.  I do like when league rules require a league member to pay a $10 fine for each time they start someone who is out.  That seems to do a good job of solving the problem of absentee league members.

I am in 7 leagues and commish 3 of them. Combined with real life responsibilities, I don't have time to babysit grown ass men.

That said, if I or another owner does spot an unfilled lineup, I will text or call the owner in question. Frequent violations will get you booted from the leagues that I run.

• Like 1

I can see the temptation when some owner isn't good at setting his lineups or starts players on bye weeks.

But that isn't a good direction for the commish to go to. Does he do this every week, check every team or only when feels like

he wants to? If he does this once but not all of the time, then you have problems. You also have problems if the commish does it all of the time as well.

Edited by MikesVikes