[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

joe mixon(insight needed from those who watched/followed him last year)

I didn't own mixon.....and I can say I probably watched all of 5 minutes of bengals games last year(they might have been on defense)...I know, I know I'm a terrible football fan

but I need to know a couple of things

1 just how awful was their offensive line? and are the additions of glenn and price enough to help fix it?

2. is there a glimmer of hope? how did he run? did he show decent vision when given the opportunity to display it? did he flash enough to think that, if the offensive line improves, he can be something?

I'm looking at this guy and thinking "the talent is supposed to be there....and theres a potential 3rd round price tag on him...and he has a good schedule against the run this year according to the SOS tool I use"

basically I'm looking for someone to tell me hes not trent richardson

anyone?

I like Joe Mixon.  PFF gave him a grade of 82.4 so I think it's safe to say his lack of production was the fault of their horrible offensive line.  Their offensive line should be significantly improved with the additions of Cordy Glenn and Billy Price.  He is a safe pick because he will get heavy use.  I think his floor is 250 carries and 50 receptions.  With his adp of 24.80, you might need to use a 2nd round pick if you want him.

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I like Joe Mixon.  PFF gave him a grade of 82.4 so I think it's safe to say his lack of production was the fault of their horrible offensive line.  Their offensive line should be significantly improved with the additions of Cordy Glenn and Billy Price.  He is a safe pick because he will get heavy use.  I think his floor is 250 carries and 50 receptions.  With his adp of 24.80, you might need to use a 2nd round pick if you want him.

good stuff....and ya....depending on your draft he could be anywhere from mid 2nd to early 3rd.....that's a pretty decent floor if it holds true

I'm really looking at guys like him and cook in the 2nd....both have top 10 schedules against the run according to my tool......in fact 3 of the 2nd year backs have top 10 schedules against the run imo....fournette, cook and mixon....fournette scares me because of the reoccurring injury stuff....cooks was more of a freak thing

One curious thing about his PFF grading is that his receiving grade was only 52.7.  During last year's draft process, he was touted as having wide receiver skills.  And his receiving stats were good last year.  He had 30 receptions while only playing 39.92% of snaps.  His 30 receptions came on only 34 targets which was a catch rate of 88.2%.  That was second best in the league trailing only Dion Lewis.  He averaged 9.6 yards per catch which was 6th best among running backs.  He had the 9th best yards per route run for a running back with 1.83.  He had 1 dropped pass.  How is it possible for a running back that catches 88.2% of his targets and averages 9.6 yards per reception to receive such a low PFF receiving grade?

Edited by michaelredd9

14 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

One curious thing about his PFF grading is that his receiving grade was only 52.7.  During last year's draft process, he was touted as having wide receiver skills.  And his receiving stats were good last year.  He had 30 receptions while only playing 39.92% of snaps.  His 30 receptions came on only 34 targets which was a catch rate of 88.2%.  That was second best in the league trailing only Dion Lewis.  He averaged 9.6 yards per catch which was 6th best among running backs.  He had the 9th best yards per route run for a running back with 1.83.  He had 1 dropped pass.  How is it possible for a running back that catches 88.2% of his targets and averages 9.6 yards per reception to receive such a low PFF receiving grade?

No idea, but I'm not sure what happens to him receiving wise with Gio still there.  Dude catches a lot of balls.

I don't own Mixon anywhere.  But he seems like a guy that could really break out this season, even with Gio catching 45+ balls.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:03 AM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

I didn't own mixon.....and I can say I probably watched all of 5 minutes of bengals games last year(they might have been on defense)...I know, I know I'm a terrible football fan

but I need to know a couple of things

1 just how awful was their offensive line? and are the additions of glenn and price enough to help fix it?

2. is there a glimmer of hope? how did he run? did he show decent vision when given the opportunity to display it? did he flash enough to think that, if the offensive line improves, he can be something?

I'm looking at this guy and thinking "the talent is supposed to be there....and theres a potential 3rd round price tag on him...and he has a good schedule against the run this year according to the SOS tool I use"

basically I'm looking for someone to tell me hes not trent richardson

anyone?

1. Awful