[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you feel about your team right now

BeeR

Frankly I couldn't feel much worse.  If - I say if - Luck is actually healthy and manages to stay that way all year (hold your breath), they will still be lucky to win 7 or 8 games.  They have Luck, what might (finally) be a decent OL - and that's it.  Their running game is a joke and their D even more so.  Grigson was a joke of a GM, but Ballard isn't proving much better.

See you af the 2019 draft.  :bash:

A year ago I was down on the Bears.  I was even considering jumping ship and rooting more for my hometown Rams.  I was so pissed at the move-up for Trubisky.  It wasn't necessarily Trubisky himself but the capital they gave to move up.

Right now I'm hopeful.  Hanging on.  Love the Roquan Smith pick.  He should man the middle of their defense for 7-8 years if he sticks around.  I still like Eddie Jackson in the defensive backfield.  I like the thunder-lightning combo of Howard/Cohen.  And I'm coming around on Trubisky.  I think Nagy will inject life into the offense, and having an up-and-coming WR/TE corps will help.  

I think they can win 8 games.  Having MIN and GBP in-conference will make that tough but it's possible.

Feeling overall decent vibes from the Broncos right now. Keenum is an upgrade at QB, even if he regresses 20-30% from his Minnesota numbers. It isn't hard to improve upon last year's debacle at QB. If Bradley Chubb steps right in as an impact player opposite Von Miller, I like the defense to bounce back into Top 5 territory again. 

Also wanted to share some general vibes that I have about other teams based on things I have read or heard:

Raiders - Not so good. I think the first year under Gruden is going to be rough. The Martavis Bryant trade has the potential to blow up in their faces already. Something just doesn't feel right with this team. Maybe it's the ridiculous contract Gruden got, which begs the question "would he take this job even if he didn't truly want it just because it's a TON of dough?"

Cowboys - Not so good. Outside of Zeke, where are the playmakers on offense?

Cardinals - Decent. The Cardinals have a ton of unknowns. New coach, new OC, new QB, new WRs behind Larry... But there are playmakers here, and the QB situation is going to likely be better (when Bradford stays healthy, he is pretty good).

Lions - Decent. Still major questions on defensive line though (maybe Hyder and Zettel step up - they need help behind Ansah). But the offense remains consistent. They did lose Ebron (good riddance IMO), and didn't really replace him with an impact player. But Golladay could emerge in year 2 as more than a red-zone and/or situational guy. But the decent vibes come from their work to really reinforce the offensive line (which looks mighty fine on paper) and to get a potential workhorse RB in Kerryon Johnson. If they can establish a legit run game, watch out.

Titans  - Good. This team really needed a coaching overhaul, and the guys they brought in are young with something to prove. There is risk though in LaFleur as OC, but the previous regime seemed to channel the ghost of Jeff Fisher to do as little as possible with a decent amount of talent. I think Dion Lewis will prove to be a steal this year, and Mariota will bring great ROI to fantasy footballers who invest. Walker is still there as the sure thing, and Corey Davis still has room to make a leap. I expect them to be fun to watch.

Giants - Meh. Another coaching overhaul, but this one is more head scratching. Pat Shurmur is an uninspired hire, and David Shula never impressed me with his offenses in Carolina at all. He inherits Eli Manning in his golden years, but there are nice weapons around Manning. I just don't believe in this coaching staff or in Eli at his age, so I'm unlikely to invest much in this offense.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

You really think that?  :blink:

Think he will regress 20-30%? I think regressing is likely, particularly completion percentage. Hard to quantify it, so maybe 20-30% is the wrong way to look at it. Hard to know for sure. Last year was certainly a statistical anomaly compared to the rest of Keenum's career. Statistical regression to the mean is almost certain, though there are a lot of factors at play (scheme, talent, coaching, etc.) that contribute. 

New Huddle subscriber and 1st post here.....for my raiders, this has got to be the most unpredictable upcoming season in a long time. First of all, I believe the coaching change had to happen. JDR, from everything I've read, had completely lost control of this team and even some of his assistant coaches. I'm excited about Gruden coming back. I think this staff will make the players work much harder and he's brought in vets to create competition at every spot. What will remain to be seen is how Gruden does in today's NFL and how he does during critical in game situations. I don't think he'll be out of touch like some people say, due to him still being  close to the game, via MNF. He's talked to all the current coaches, he's attended practices, been in locker rooms, etc.

Prediction...we will be better than last year's 6-10.  I have us being around 9-7, with best hope being to fight for a WC this year. Gruden will have them working, but ultimately, our core players need to play big and this defense has to be respectable.

6 hours ago, mikew14 said:

New Huddle subscriber and 1st post here.....for my raiders, this has got to be the most unpredictable upcoming season in a long time. First of all, I believe the coaching change had to happen. JDR, from everything I've read, had completely lost control of this team and even some of his assistant coaches. I'm excited about Gruden coming back. I think this staff will make the players work much harder and he's brought in vets to create competition at every spot. What will remain to be seen is how Gruden does in today's NFL and how he does during critical in game situations. I don't think he'll be out of touch like some people say, due to him still being  close to the game, via MNF. He's talked to all the current coaches, he's attended practices, been in locker rooms, etc.

Prediction...we will be better than last year's 6-10.  I have us being around 9-7, with best hope being to fight for a WC this year. Gruden will have them working, but ultimately, our core players need to play big and this defense has to be respectable.

Welcome!

On 6/22/2018 at 5:51 PM, MTSuper7 said:

Think he will regress 20-30%? I think regressing is likely, particularly completion percentage. Hard to quantify it, so maybe 20-30% is the wrong way to look at it. Hard to know for sure. Last year was certainly a statistical anomaly compared to the rest of Keenum's career. Statistical regression to the mean is almost certain, though there are a lot of factors at play (scheme, talent, coaching, etc.) that contribute. 

I agree there should be some regression.  Heck, you might be right with that 20-30% number, actually.  Denver's offense may sputter more than the Vikings.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:01 PM, MTSuper7 said:

Feeling overall decent vibes from the Broncos right now. Keenum is an upgrade at QB, even if he regresses 20-30% from his Minnesota numbers. It isn't hard to improve upon last year's debacle at QB. If Bradley Chubb steps right in as an impact player opposite Von Miller, I like the defense to bounce back into Top 5 territory again. 

This year is still about the Oline.  I don't think Elway did enough to help fix the RT position.  Watson could very well end the season as the RT again and he is absolutely terrible.  If that happens, then 8-8 would be a miracle.  If the oline stays healthy then maybe 10 wins.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NAUgrad said:

This year is still about the Oline.  I don't think Elway did enough to help fix the RT position.  Watson could very well end the season as the RT again and he is absolutely terrible.  If that happens, then 8-8 would be a miracle.  If the oline stays healthy then maybe 10 wins.

It depends on whether or not the defense can carry the team and whether or not a healthy Jared Veldheer can thrive in Denver's scheme. Hopefully he stays healthy. It'd really be nice to see something out of Shane Ray this year, but I'm not holding my breath. 

3 hours ago, MTSuper7 said:

It depends on whether or not the defense can carry the team and whether or not a healthy Jared Veldheer can thrive in Denver's scheme. Hopefully he stays healthy. It'd really be nice to see something out of Shane Ray this year, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Isn't he hurt again?

21 hours ago, NAUgrad said:

Yeah I think it's his wrist still.  He may never have much of an impact.

Yeah, he isn't likely to be an early season contributor. But the Broncos did decline his fifth-year option, so he should be plenty motivated to improve his stock headed into free agency next year.

Curious....  Now that Dez and Witten are gone.   We all know that they are going to run, run, and run some more  and then pass to Elliot. But I am curious how the WRs will be used. For years Dallas was very predictable when they threw but now, not so much.  Hurns is interesting if he can stay healthy,  Beasley should see a nice increase in targets, and Williams.... for the life of me I can't figure out how he is still in the NFL.  He would be at best a WR4 on just about any other team. He has his moments but they are far and few in-between. Toss-in a rookie WR and that's a lot of targets (granted, not a WR1 or maybe a WR2 between them) that Dak will be throwing too.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2018 at 4:30 PM, NAUgrad said:

I'm cautiously optimistic for the 2018 Broncos. Maybe you're right and it wasn't enough, but I am a fan of the personnel moves that Elway made. This is also the first draft I've been happy with in quite a while.

My fear is that I have a strong suspicion that Vance Joseph is awful. I'm willing to ride it out for another season or two before I start calling for his job though.

20 hours ago, Randall said:

No team, I retired, I feel good about that. Watching games is more enjoyable these days.

The thread is about NFL teams not fantasy teams. Or did you retire as a Packer fan but forget to change your profile?