[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you feel about your team right now

BeeR

On 6/24/2018 at 7:25 AM, mikew14 said:

New Huddle subscriber and 1st post here.....for my raiders, this has got to be the most unpredictable upcoming season in a long time. First of all, I believe the coaching change had to happen. JDR, from everything I've read, had completely lost control of this team and even some of his assistant coaches. I'm excited about Gruden coming back. I think this staff will make the players work much harder and he's brought in vets to create competition at every spot. What will remain to be seen is how Gruden does in today's NFL and how he does during critical in game situations. I don't think he'll be out of touch like some people say, due to him still being  close to the game, via MNF. He's talked to all the current coaches, he's attended practices, been in locker rooms, etc.

Prediction...we will be better than last year's 6-10.  I have us being around 9-7, with best hope being to fight for a WC this year. Gruden will have them working, but ultimately, our core players need to play big and this defense has to be respectable.

Well stated! 

Welcome to the Huddle, you will enjoy it!  Forums are the best.  Not every poster will be great, but many great people here to offer many different opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 2:12 PM, darin3 said:

:huh: Just curious, why would you retire as a Packer fan?

Not retired, just not following closely these days. When the games start I'll watch.

I used to watch other teams too with Sunday Ticket, much more laid back these days.

55 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

JETS fans should be happy. I want DEN to trade for Bridgewater. NYJ should keep McNown.

You guys have been very kind to Elway.  He royally f-d up in trading up into round 1 for Paxton Lynch.  Nobody crucifying him for that whereas Jets GM was skewered for drafting hackenberg late in round 2.  Elway must have a teflon shield around him.  You guys should be furious.  He was a way better QB than GM.

• Confused 1

Yeah that Manning signing sure sucked too!

;)  Architecting a SB win tends to give a GM a pretty good cushion.  I think he's been a mixed bag as GM.

Re. Darnold, he does look promising, but it's way (way) early; I wouldn't get too worked up just yet, and esp when they're so lacking in other positions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2018 at 7:55 PM, mikew14 said:

New Huddle subscriber and 1st post here.....for my raiders, this has got to be the most unpredictable upcoming season in a long time. First of all, I believe the coaching change had to happen. JDR, from everything I've read, had completely lost control of this team and even some of his assistant coaches. I'm excited about Gruden coming back. I think this staff will make the players work much harder and he's brought in vets to create competition at every spot. What will remain to be seen is how Gruden does in today's NFL and how he does during critical in game situations. I don't think he'll be out of touch like some people say, due to him still being  close to the game, via MNF. He's talked to all the current coaches, he's attended practices, been in locker rooms, etc.

Prediction...we will be better than last year's 6-10.  I have us being around 9-7, with best hope being to fight for a WC this year. Gruden will have them working, but ultimately, our core players need to play big and this defense has to be respectable.

I know you posted a couple months ago but Welcome aboard, always nice to cross paths with another Raider Nationeer. I'm hoping for an 8-8 season myself, anything over .500 and i'll be stoked.

Edited by Carr4MVP
added more text

• 2 months later...

Thanks to the Bengals doing Bengals things, We are back in 1st atop the North. Some real tough games ahead vs New Orleans, Carolina, Pats. I think much like New England, September is always a slow start for us, come November everything falls in place and we'll be right back up in 3rd or 2nd depending on how KC does. Had some key injuries to Morgan Burnett and Joe Haden who will be 100% sunday thx to the bye week.

I think my Panthers have positioned theirselves well early on and will make a push to challenge the Saints for the NFC South. If this team finds a little bit more rythem on offense then you could be looking at a team that resembles the Super Bowl team from a couple years ago. But damn, the NFC is stout this season....

6 hours ago, dope man said:

I think my Panthers have positioned theirselves well early on and will make a push to challenge the Saints for the NFC South. If this team finds a little bit more rythem on offense then you could be looking at a team that resembles the Super Bowl team from a couple years ago. But damn, the NFC is stout this season....

Haven't watched a down of them this year, how is their defense ? not talking Fantasy wise, in general, we play them in a few weeks. 

Defense hasn’t been as stout as the last few years. They have given up a lot of passing yards. TD is back and working his way back up to speed. Eric Reid is getting comfortable with the defense as well(when he is not being a distraction). They have been pretty good against the run.