[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who has been here since the 90s?

Ramhock

I was here before there was a here. The most senior huddler I can think of would be Big Country in 1997 pretty much from the first day.

Nearly everyone in our Usual Suspects league. Year 20 of the 14 team league.

Riffraff, Skippy, Big Country, Roadrunner, Figme, Penguin, Willy, Pratts, MikeC, Beach Bum, CEO of the BFPK, Dope. 

No longer in the league, but still around: Merlin, Defector

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Riffraff said:

Nearly everyone in our Usual Suspects league. Year 20 of the 14 team league.

Riffraff, Skippy, Big Country, Roadrunner, Figme, Penguin, Willy, Pratts, MikeC, Beach Bum, CEO of the BFPK, Dope. 

No longer in the league, but still around: Merlin, Defector

How's ol' Skippy doing?

I'm another '03 guy to the forums.

I think I was using the content here, late 90s, just before the Huddle became a full pay site. 

Maybe I have it mixed up with another one, not sure.

Mr. Dorey, when did the Huddle become a full pay site? Or has it always been one?

• Like 1

The Huddle was a free site from opening in 1997 until June of 2000. That was when the internet advertising fell apart and we were killing ourselves and losing money doing it. So we started charging in June of 2000 on the premise we'd do it for one year and if we made no money we'd quit. But we made money. Which was cool. So we kept going as pay site from 2000 - It was $12 a year when we started.

Pretty sure my original start date was either 1999 or 2000, but my profile got lost somewhere in the shuffle, so I have no true accurate start date. All I know is I was using the site before there was a membership fee. Geez, has it really been that long?!  (thats what she said)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DMD said:

The Huddle was a free site from opening in 1997 until June of 2000. That was when the internet advertising fell apart and we were killing ourselves and losing money doing it. So we started charging in June of 2000 on the premise we'd do it for one year and if we made no money we'd quit. But we made money. Which was cool. So we kept going as pay site from 2000 - It was $12 a year when we started.

:pc: Actually 2001:

• Thanks 1

At one point I had username #4, after Whitney, David, and Carl. (Pretty sure it was Carl the programmer/sys admin).

Test drove the new messageboard with an all-nighter called "Riff's Place" that was hidden from the public while testing out the functionality. David, Muckrakers, and Skippy showed up to Riff's Place.

Back in the day I had a free Huddle hat from David and a free Mr Football t-shirt from Dodds (before FBG).

Edited by Riffraff

10 hours ago, Riffraff said:

At one point I had username #4, after Whitney, David, and Carl. (Pretty sure it was Carl the programmer/sys admin).

Test drove the new messageboard with an all-nighter called "Riff's Place" that was hidden from the public while testing out the functionality. David, Muckrakers, and Skippy showed up to Riff's Place.

Back in the day I had a free Huddle hat from David and a free Mr Football t-shirt from Dodds (before FBG).

That all sounds right. I wonder what MrFootball.com resolves to now?