Ramhock

Who has been here since the 90s?

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Pancake said:

I cant exactly recall but I think I've been around here since 1998.  So much has happened since then.

On another note the FF league I helped found and have been in since 1995 just disbanded. Its the only league I have ever played in. Its really sad. 

 

After 23 years, I think it should get a formal funeral or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Pancake said:

I cant exactly recall but I think I've been around here since 1998.  So much has happened since then.

On another note the FF league I helped found and have been in since 1995 just disbanded. Its the only league I have ever played in. Its really sad. 

 

:(  That's a bummer.  Was it not a situation where you could bring in a few folks to replace outgoing owners or did the whole thing fold like a house of cards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won the very first Smackbowl in 1999.

 

It was the year of the 15-1 Vikings, but I had a roster filled with Falcons players and the NFC championship cleared the decks for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Year 1999 for the 1998 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late 90's here. I didn't even have my own computer then, so I got my roommate to register. It was free then, so he didn't mind. He never posted, so I did on his account. I finally got a laptop and got my own account, which I used and kept until I got rid of my Direct TV around 2004, and lost my sbcglobal email account. Created a new profile with new email and have done the stuff since then.

 

I rarely post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joined the Forums in 2002, but used the site before that...I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the free site.  Boards were too slow on my dial up  until after 2002

Edited by Zooty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, darin3 said:

 

:(  That's a bummer.  Was it not a situation where you could bring in a few folks to replace outgoing owners or did the whole thing fold like a house of cards?

The whole thing imploded.  7 team managers bailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, DMD said:

Damn I remember those days... Back when a couple of good RBs and you ruled the world... LT and Edge were so fn good... before most leagues were PPR for WR so they were a dime a dozen... TEs were just becoming monsters... Tony G and A Gates... Back when I thought a $50 league was a big money league... Fun times  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I can't believe it has been that long. I don't remember when I started visiting here but it must of been 99 or so since it was before it was a pay site. Didn't join the forums until much later and still rarely ever post. I remember when I used to print out the rankings and would black out the name at the top of it just in case one of my league mates would see it. I didn't want them having any idea what site I used to keep the advantage to myself.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 1:29 PM, blaw23 said:

Wow, I can't believe it has been that long. I don't remember when I started visiting here but it must of been 99 or so since it was before it was a pay site. Didn't join the forums until much later and still rarely ever post. I remember when I used to print out the rankings and would black out the name at the top of it just in case one of my league mates would see it. I didn't want them having any idea what site I used to keep the advantage to myself.

 

I always had some rankings from another site to hand to league mates who wanted to borrow my info. Found out after some years that a few other owners knew about the huddle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was here checking out the start bench list when it was free, and on the boards for a few years at the tail end of the 90s and into early 00s. Been a good long while for the boards, but have been using the huddle every year since. And dominating my league on account of it, thank you very much !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 6:38 PM, DMD said:

Some real winners there....oia and waterboy were real trolls. Swerski was a passionate loud mouth.

 

You know you guys had a good thing going and it got destroyed...just a wasteland now bro.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Some real winners there....oia and waterboy were real trolls. Swerski was a passionate loud mouth.

 

You know you guys had a good thing going and it got destroyed...just a wasteland now bro.

Good times...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:11 PM, gilthorp said:

Some real winners there....oia and waterboy were real trolls. Swerski was a passionate loud mouth.

 

You know you guys had a good thing going and it got destroyed...just a wasteland now bro.

 

What happened? I completely forgot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Front Row said:


The Skins H8tank exchanges were epic. Why do you hate America lolz.

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been around since the early 2000's. Finally active on the boards around 2005. Loved the content then as was a smaller group of people and the insight made it easy to dominate. Harder today with all the info out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure of the year, but definitely in the 1990s and definitely when it was free.  Was a regular poster for a long time but have been fairly inactive the past 3 to 5 years I guess.  During which time my fantasy fortunes have plummeted.  perhaps there is a connection there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC it was me, grid, and merlin who were the first to the "300 club" (first to post 300 posts).  team, bp, NJ and suds also come to mind as early regulars. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still here as well. Not sure if I still do or not but I was member #5 here when it became a pay site. Good times back then but now I’m more of a content user but still lerk enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Huzz said:

I’m still here as well. Not sure if I still do or not but I was member #5 here when it became a pay site. Good times back then but now I’m more of a content user but still lerk enough. 

Hovering over your name still shows it as #5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.