[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who has been here since the 90s?

Ramhock

17 hours ago, Pancake said:

I cant exactly recall but I think I've been around here since 1998.  So much has happened since then.

On another note the FF league I helped found and have been in since 1995 just disbanded. Its the only league I have ever played in. Its really sad. 

After 23 years, I think it should get a formal funeral or something.

18 hours ago, Pancake said:

I cant exactly recall but I think I've been around here since 1998.  So much has happened since then.

On another note the FF league I helped found and have been in since 1995 just disbanded. Its the only league I have ever played in. Its really sad. 

:(  That's a bummer.  Was it not a situation where you could bring in a few folks to replace outgoing owners or did the whole thing fold like a house of cards?

• 2 weeks later...

Late 90's here. I didn't even have my own computer then, so I got my roommate to register. It was free then, so he didn't mind. He never posted, so I did on his account. I finally got a laptop and got my own account, which I used and kept until I got rid of my Direct TV around 2004, and lost my sbcglobal email account. Created a new profile with new email and have done the stuff since then.

I rarely post.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, darin3 said:

:(  That's a bummer.  Was it not a situation where you could bring in a few folks to replace outgoing owners or did the whole thing fold like a house of cards?

The whole thing imploded.  7 team managers bailed.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, DMD said:

Damn I remember those days... Back when a couple of good RBs and you ruled the world... LT and Edge were so fn good... before most leagues were PPR for WR so they were a dime a dozen... TEs were just becoming monsters... Tony G and A Gates... Back when I thought a $50 league was a big money league... Fun times  

Wow, I can't believe it has been that long. I don't remember when I started visiting here but it must of been 99 or so since it was before it was a pay site. Didn't join the forums until much later and still rarely ever post. I remember when I used to print out the rankings and would black out the name at the top of it just in case one of my league mates would see it. I didn't want them having any idea what site I used to keep the advantage to myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/26/2018 at 1:29 PM, blaw23 said:

Wow, I can't believe it has been that long. I don't remember when I started visiting here but it must of been 99 or so since it was before it was a pay site. Didn't join the forums until much later and still rarely ever post. I remember when I used to print out the rankings and would black out the name at the top of it just in case one of my league mates would see it. I didn't want them having any idea what site I used to keep the advantage to myself.

I always had some rankings from another site to hand to league mates who wanted to borrow my info. Found out after some years that a few other owners knew about the huddle.

• Like 1

I was here checking out the start bench list when it was free, and on the boards for a few years at the tail end of the 90s and into early 00s. Been a good long while for the boards, but have been using the huddle every year since. And dominating my league on account of it, thank you very much !

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:11 PM, gilthorp said:

Some real winners there....oia and waterboy were real trolls. Swerski was a passionate loud mouth.

You know you guys had a good thing going and it got destroyed...just a wasteland now bro.

What happened? I completely forgot.

Not sure of the year, but definitely in the 1990s and definitely when it was free.  Was a regular poster for a long time but have been fairly inactive the past 3 to 5 years I guess.  During which time my fantasy fortunes have plummeted.  perhaps there is a connection there.

25 minutes ago, Huzz said:

I’m still here as well. Not sure if I still do or not but I was member #5 here when it became a pay site. Good times back then but now I’m more of a content user but still lerk enough. 

Hovering over your name still shows it as #5.