[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Le'Veon Bell may sit out half the season?

michaelredd9

I don't believe it.  If he were due to make $1 million or $2 million, I could believe it.  He is due $14.5 million.  He isn't going to give any of that up.  This is last minute posturing.  Although, I have him, Alvin Kamara, David Johnson, and Zeke so close in my rankings that this could push him behind them if it isn't resolved by draft day.

Schefter: Bell could sit out half the season

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/377104/schefter-bell-could-sit-out-half-the-season?ls=roto:PIT:topheadlines

Speaking on SiriusXM NFL Radio, ESPN's Adam Schefter said he thinks "it's possible Le'Veon Bell sits out the first half of the year if he doesn't get a long-term deal done."

Considering it is deadline day for franchise-tagged players to sign a long-term deal, this feels like a leak by Bell's camp to put pressure on the Steelers. That said, Bell did skip all of training camp last season, and it makes sense for him to hold out as long as possible to avoid both an injury and shouldering another 400 touches. Bell's No. 1 overall upside is tough to pass up, but he is a risk at the top of fantasy drafts.
Jul 16 - 10:26 AM

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i hope he gets a season ending injury in week one costing the poop-stained Steelers $14mil and getting nothing in return.

You never cease to amaze in your dickness. Wishing injury on players is something this board does not condone yet you do it frequently. 

• Like 1

Le'Veon and the Steelers didn't reach an agreement.  If I were the Steelers, I wouldn't have paid him either.  Giving a long-term contract with a large amount of guaranteed money to a running back almost never works out for the team.  Running backs fall off the cliff fast.  Le'Veon already has more than 1,500 touches.  He only averaged 4.0 ypc last year.  He is probably not the greatest locker room presence.  He has off-the-field issues that could get him suspended.  James Conner would be a nice dynasty player to own.

James Conner had 'very impressive' spring

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/377120/james-conner-had-very-impressive-spring?ls=roto:PIT:topheadlines

According to The Athletic's Mark Kaboly, Steelers second-year RB James Conner "was very impressive" at spring practices.

On the same day the Steelers failed to reach a long-term deal with Le'Veon Bell, Kaboly noted No. 2 runner Conner "looks like he can be a solid every-down back in this league." There were few signs of that during Conner's rookie year, when he struggled with durability and pass protection in preseason games, then failed to earn more than eight snaps in any of his 13 regular season appearances. Conner's season ended on injured reserve with a torn MCL.
Jul 16 - 5:49 PM

On 7/16/2018 at 4:17 PM, LordOpie said:

you are the oldest Millennial. How could a snowflake like you have not melted at your age?

also, i could not care less about your silly rules and Bell is a dumbass turning down $70 million. I'll revise my opinion. Instead of season ending, I'll root for career ending.

I have an idea that most of that contract isn't guaranteed, is back heavy and laden with incentives.  A better contract for the organization than the player.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

you're right.

I heard somewhere that only $10m was guaranteed. That's an offensive offer when the tag guarantees 50% MORE! It would've been less offensive if PIT made no offer.

PIT is a mess of an organization. I lost all respect for them when they released Santonio Holmes (do any of you even remember why) at the time Ben was accused of rape by four women. One of which was recent with the sheriff in Florida destroying all evidence in the restaurant bathroom when he "allowed" the janitor to clean the place. It's clear Ben is a horrible person and PIT didn't have the courage to do the right thing. So, f-u-c-k PIT.

You heard, so that makes it fact?  And the Steelers traded Holmes, they didn't release him.

Holmes traded

That's a lot of hate there, based on rumor and incorrect facts.  As for Ben, he may be a rapist, we'll never know.

Maybe Bell should have not been getting suspended and injured so often if he wanted that blockbuster contract.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You heard, so that makes it fact?  And the Steelers traded Holmes, they didn't release him.

Holmes traded

That's a lot of hate there, based on rumor and incorrect facts.  As for Ben, he may be a rapist, we'll never know.

Maybe Bell should have not been getting suspended and injured so often if he wanted that blockbuster contract.

Remember, he lives in Denver. Mile High. Lack of oxygen to the brain. 

16 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, did a Browns fan just defend PIT? And did you defend a rapist?

First I notice you don't respond to the part where I correct your bogus info.

Second, no not defending Steelers, just think that both sides are at fault, and that they're not the horrible organization you think.

As for Ben, read my comment again, where did I defend him?

You over top melodrama is hilarious as usual. Burbank, LOL I'd rather live in CO somewhere. 

$45 mill reportedly guaranteed for Gurley means Bell's days in Pitt are numbered, which was probably the case before Gurley signed. This just puts a nail in the coffin.

I would guess Bell reports and plays this year, taking what money he can get for now.

It's clear Bell is all about the Bejamins so not a chance he gives up almost 900k per game sitting out, I'm betting he hasn't budgeted accordingly. I'm thrilled he declined the contract. I've said it a hundred times ill say it again, they don't need him to win, and they haven't won with him, the Yards per game and points per game were better when Deangello was there, the Oline knows his running style which has allowed for his success. Yes he catches 80 balls bit what good does 80 check downs do in the grand scheme, steelers aren't playing fantasy ball. He didn't have a single catch over 20 yards yet he fancys himself a WR2 ? Can't wait to move on from him