[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kenneth Dixon

michaelredd9

I like Alex Collins but his hold on the starting job is tenuous.  He started out last year hot but averaged 3.7 ypc over his last 9 games (it could be because defenses were focused on him because he was the Ravens' only weapon).  Also, he is a questionable receiver.  But most worrisome is his propensity to fumble.  He could easily lose the starting job if he fumbles 3 times in the first half of the season. 

Kenneth Dixon has been hurt a lot.  And he may no longer be juiced up after failing a PED test.  But he did look good 2 years ago.  What is especially intriguing is his receiving ability.  He had 30 receptions while only playing 22% of snaps in 2016.  That is an insanely high ratio.  Joe Flacco likes throwing to his running backs.  Ravens running backs combined for 118 receptions in 2016.  Ravens running backs combined for 127 receptions in 2015 (Fullback Kyle Juszczyk had 41 and 37 receptions in 2015 and 2016 so those totals might not be totally applicable).  If Dixon does win the starting job or even an equal timeshare, he could be PPR gold.  He is a steal at his adp of 200.83.

Ravens RB Dixon avoids PUP list to open camp

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/377118/ravens-rb-dixon-avoids-pup-list-to-open-camp?ls=roto:BAL:topheadlines

Ravens RB Kenneth Dixon avoided the active/PUP list to begin training camp.

It means Dixon has been fully cleared to practice on day one of camp after missing all of 2017 with a torn meniscus. A recent beat writer article left Dixon off the Ravens' 53-man roster projection, but the organization was very high on his ability before the lost year. More likely, Dixon will battle Buck Allen to serve as Baltimore's change-of-pace back behind Alex Collins.

Jul 16 - 5:05 PM
Edited by michaelredd9

2 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

i bought into the hype and stashed him a couple of years ago very early in the year as he was being talked up quite a bit ....hes definitley starting to get some love again...i think he even helped me win a game late in the year against my patriots...caught like 8 passes for a td

:lol: I remember that game, and had started him out of necessity that week.  Since then, though, I've cooled on the guy.... I'm not saying I wouldn't want him in a dynasty situation, but then again I'm not going to overpay in any situation... if that makes sense.