[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Tony Sparano

Wolverines Fan

7 hours ago, kdko said:

Went to the hospital, and was released the next day.  Did they not do a thorough checkup or something?  Jeez.... RIP

You sound like a lawyer preparing to sue the hospital, way to jump to conclusions. 

30 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You sound like a lawyer preparing to sue the hospital, way to jump to conclusions. 

he went to the hospital on Thursday complaining of chest pains.  Released.  Sent home.  2 days later: fatal coronary.  The malpractice lawyers should be lining up at the Sparano family's front door.

RIP Tony.  He was a good guy as reported by everyone who ever worked with him or knew him.

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

he went to the hospital on Thursday complaining of chest pains.  Released.  Sent home.  2 days later: fatal coronary.  The malpractice lawyers should be lining up at the Sparano family's front door.

RIP Tony.  He was a good guy as reported by everyone who ever worked with him or knew him.

So you have the cause of death stating it was a fatal coronary?  And other medical evidence that shows the hospital made mistakes.

Nope, just more speculation and talk of lawyers getting involved. I am not saying it isn't possible or likely, but you guys are acting like its already a proven fact. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, stevegrab said:

So you have the cause of death stating it was a fatal coronary?  And other medical evidence that shows the hospital made mistakes.

Nope, just more speculation and talk of lawyers getting involved. I am not saying it isn't possible or likely, but you guys are acting like its already a proven fact. 

He died of heet disease, per the latest report.  Hospital sent him home.  We'll let the lawyers provide the proof of incompetence, which I have no doubt they will before the inept hospital insurer settles.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

He died of heet disease, per the latest report.  Hospital sent him home.  We'll let the lawyers provide the proof of incompetence, which I have no doubt they will before the inept hospital insurer settles.

Glad you're so sure of the outcome already.  Him dying of heart disease after coming in reporting chest pains is hardly evidence of incompetence. He stayed overnight and they ran tests. Not like they shoved him out the ER without doing anything. 

22 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Glad you're so sure of the outcome already.  Him dying of heart disease after coming in reporting chest pains is hardly evidence of incompetence. He stayed overnight and they ran tests. Not like they shoved him out the ER without doing anything. 

what's the over-under on the settlement amount?   

RIP Tony.  Such a sad loss. 

On 7/23/2018 at 8:10 AM, stevegrab said:

And you sound like someone who is completely devoid of all empathy/emotion, and just wired to argue about anything.. Your only posts in this thread are argumentative towards other users, and none actually having anything to do with the passing of this gentleman.  Pretty telling. 

If your mother went to the hospital for chest pains, and was released later that day before dying of heart complications 2 days later, i'm sure you'd feel the hospital had no responsibility for taking the evaluations more seriously?  I'm sorry, but it's not like he went in for foot pain, and had an aneurysm 2 days later.

8 hours ago, kdko said:

And you sound like someone who is completely devoid of all empathy/emotion, and just wired to argue about anything.. Your only posts in this thread are argumentative towards other users, and none actually having anything to do with the passing of this gentleman.  Pretty telling. 

If your mother went to the hospital for chest pains, and was released later that day before dying of heart complications 2 days later, i'm sure you'd feel the hospital had no responsibility for taking the evaluations more seriously?  I'm sorry, but it's not like he went in for foot pain, and had an aneurysm 2 days later.

I'm devoid of empathy and emotion? Somebody's dead and your first reaction is about a lawsuit against the hospital? 

Oh you threw in at the end of your post RIP so that makes you a feeling individual :rolleyes:   while I'm cold-hearted. 

I guess if I had started with RIP then I'd have the moral high ground.....   Expressing my condolences here is pointless, I doubt Sparano's family or friends are on this forum. 

Accusing the hospital of negligence with the few facts that we know is pointless. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I'm devoid of empathy and emotion? Somebody's dead and your first reaction is about a lawsuit against the hospital? 

Oh you threw in at the end of your post RIP so that makes you a feeling individual :rolleyes:   while I'm cold-hearted. 

I guess if I had started with RIP then I'd have the moral high ground.....   Expressing my condolences here is pointless, I doubt Sparano's family or friends are on this forum. 

Accusing the hospital of negligence with the few facts that we know is pointless. 

Like Billy said, I don't know where you get the notion I said anything about a lawsuit.  I was misdiagnosed once when I had a bleeding ulcer (they thought I had a tear in my esophagus, lol), and I almost died as a result of it, so I've personally experienced hospital negligence.  When I fainted from blood loss a couple days after being released, the second hospital I went to found out what was going on immediately.  Ironically, the first hospital I had visited was supposed to be 'the best in the county.'  I never ONCE thought about suing the hospital because of it, even though I accumulated a ton more medical bills and had to pay for an ambulance ride because of their mistakes.  

2 hours ago, kdko said:

Like Billy said, I don't know where you get the notion I said anything about a lawsuit.  I was misdiagnosed once when I had a bleeding ulcer (they thought I had a tear in my esophagus, lol), and I almost died as a result of it, so I've personally experienced hospital negligence.  When I fainted from blood loss a couple days after being released, the second hospital I went to found out what was going on immediately.  Ironically, the first hospital I had visited was supposed to be 'the best in the county.'  I never ONCE thought about suing the hospital because of it, even though I accumulated a ton more medical bills and had to pay for an ambulance ride because of their mistakes.  

My mistake you didn't mention a lawsuit, but your comment sure implied the hospital did something wrong.

My father was misdiagnosed with something too, we were told it was something correctable and he'd be fine. He died not long after from liver cancer. We didn't sue either. This was at the Cleveland Clinic, one of the best anywhere. 

Dcat was also on the "hospital screwed up" line.  

I overreacted, to what I saw as overreaction and jumping to conclusions.  My bad. I'm done.

RIP Tony Sparano. I've had friends send patients out of the hospital who it turns out were having an acute MI - they have never felt worse in their careers.

Sometimes these situations are complicated and you can't predict the bad outcome...and sometimes it's just straight-up negligence. The facts will come out and things will settle one way or the other but it will do little to make the family feel any better about this.

My condolences to his family.

• Like 1