[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper league - Josh Gordon?

Hey guys. So my league is allowing a keeper for the first time this year. Whichever player you keep, you lose the draft pick for the round that player was taken. So, i have Leveon Bell, but if i keep him i lose my 1st round pick. I picked up Josh Gordon, who went undrafted, so i could keep him basically for free, but...y'know. My other choices are Cam Newton, 8th round, Alshon Jeffery, 4th, Jack Doyle, undrafted, Gio Bernard, 14th round, or Aaron Jones, undrafted. Thoughts?

How much do you like gambling?

Gordon is the much higher upside if he comes back in form and plays the entire season.  When do you have to declare your keeper - if you can watch how the preseason plays out and then make your decision, it will likely be easier.

If you have a top 3 pick, there is no real reason to keep Bell (unless you have to have him over any of the other top RBs).  If you pick late, you do gain a little by keeping Bell.  Other guys you listed don't scream anything at me.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, tlmisnotthebest said:

Thanks. It looks like DJ, Gurley, and Zeke will all be kept though. So....do i just keep Bell?

Well, who else is being kept?  Who would you likely end up with if you didn't keep Bell?  Just need to compare the drop off between Bell and whomever you get to the potential upside of Gordon.  Could Gordon pay off? Certainly, it's just a big question mark in my mind.  Where do you think Gordon gets drafted otherwise?

With the couple guys you mentioned, your 4th pick is more like the 7th or 8th pick, so I would lean back towards keeping Bell. 

Edited by zips5000