[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

kevin dodd released

now I know what youre thinking probably...." I don't play IDP so who cares"...or "i play IDP but this guy never plays" ...lol

my point goes back to the debates we had back when jimmy g was traded.....and the point I made...if you go back and look at drafts from the previous 5 years you will see a bunch of 2nd rounders that were either released, traded away for 5th and 6th rounders or never resigned with the team that drafted them

and already the wave has begun for the 2016 class( a very recent one)

dodd was the 33rd overall pick in 2016

the patriots received years of quality service and insurance....and when it was apparent he would never play another down actually got a higher ROI(or at least fairly even if you consider the devaluation of a future draft pick).......there aren't many teams getting any ROI on 2nd rounders or getting any quality service out of them

yes I know they maybe could have gotten more...and that's usually in the best interest of teams....but I think overall the pats were happy with the way things went down since it had to happen...they got a valuable pick and got to send him away to the NFC and to a place they thought was a great situation

the 2nd round class of 2016 has some talent for sure....but there are guys like cravens and hackenberg who are already gone....and now dodd...and I'm willing to bet there will be more coming sooner rather than later.......in retrospect I think the patriots did ok with jimmy g

1 hour ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

now I know what youre thinking probably...." I don't play IDP so who cares"...or "i play IDP but this guy never plays" ...lol

my point goes back to the debates we had back when jimmy g was traded.....and the point I made...if you go back and look at drafts from the previous 5 years you will see a bunch of 2nd rounders that were either released, traded away for 5th and 6th rounders or never resigned with the team that drafted them

and already the wave has begun for the 2016 class( a very recent one)

dodd was the 33rd overall pick in 2016

the patriots received years of quality service and insurance....and when it was apparent he would never play another down actually got a higher ROI(or at least fairly even if you consider the devaluation of a future draft pick).......there aren't many teams getting any ROI on 2nd rounders or getting any quality service out of them

yes I know they maybe could have gotten more...and that's usually in the best interest of teams....but I think overall the pats were happy with the way things went down since it had to happen...they got a valuable pick and got to send him away to the NFC and to a place they thought was a great situation

the 2nd round class of 2016 has some talent for sure....but there are guys like cravens and hackenberg who are already gone....and now dodd...and I'm willing to bet there will be more coming sooner rather than later.......in retrospect I think the patriots did ok with jimmy g

Good for you.

Also :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Def. said:

Good for you.

Also :rolleyes:

you also probably have jimmy slated for the HOF

let me know when he makes an all pro team or wins an mvp

also..lemme know when the dolphins draft a guy in the 2nd round, get 4 years of service out of him, then flip him for a higher pick...or just win the division

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

47 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

you also probably have jimmy slated for the HOF

let me know when he makes an all pro team or wins an mvp

also..lemme know when the dolphins draft a guy in the 2nd round, get 4 years of service out of him, then flip him for a higher pick...or just win the division

:mouth: