[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do people not like Joe Mixon?

Papa Deuce

New 10 team league...... I decided to go zero RB because everybody drafting before me in the 1st round took an RB. So I took Antonio Brown. Then I took AJ Green in the 2nd round.... Gronk in the 3rd.... and then decided I better grab an RB in the 4th round, and Mixon was there. Maybe it isn't that big a deal, but I have seen Mixon ranked as high as RB 13. I "think" I picked him up as maybe RB 19 or 20.....

Just as an aside, Saqoun Barrley went 3rd or 4th..... ahead of David Johnson.

I like Joe Mixon.  He reminds me of Le'Veon Bell.  Hopefully the Bengals' offensive line improves with the additions of Cordy Glenn and Billy Price.  I think Mixon will get 250 carries and 50 receptions which is good value for where he is being drafted.  I might be being too optimistic since Gio Bernard is still there and still good.

Looks like he slid a bit, but that's likely a factor of your league size and safer options in a start up.  Rb appears to be quite deep at the moment, look at the last two rookie drafts, we had 8 first round rb's this year and fournette cook cmc Mixon Kamara and hunt, last year.  Add that to Zeke DJ bell Gurley foreman Freeman  Howard and you get personal preference (as well as drafting style : win now, vrs build for future) and Mixon falls in that group of owners.

Edited by millworkguy

He is on a bad team. They need to fix the blocking issues. He averaged 3.5 yards  and ran for over 50 yards like 3 times. I think he will have a rollercoaster year and not worth RB1 imo. . They still have Bernard too so he won't be as much of a work horse as some people thing. Bernard is not a bad RB.

5 hours ago, MFGerm323 said:

He is on a bad team. They need to fix the blocking issues. He averaged 3.5 yards  and ran for over 50 yards like 3 times. I think he will have a rollercoaster year and not worth RB1 imo. . They still have Bernard too so he won't be as much of a work horse as some people thing. Bernard is not a bad RB.

He averaged 5.0 ypc over his final 4 games and he will be the clear-cut workhorse. Bernard will more than likely be the passing down back. I wouldn't let Bernard deter anyone from drafting Mixon as a high upside RB2

41 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

He averaged 5.0 ypc over his final 4 games and he will be the clear-cut workhorse. Bernard will more than likely be the passing down back. I wouldn't let Bernard deter anyone from drafting Mixon as a high upside RB2

I hope you're right that Mixon is the running back we saw in those final 4 games.  There were games last year where he looked lost.  Le'Veon Bell also looked lost at times his rookie year.  Le'Veon averaged 3.5 ypc his rookie year and didn't even have one game where he averaged 5.0 ypc.  I think it could be because they are big, powerful running backs that run outside the tackles and so they have to make decisions.  That type of decision-making takes time to learn in the fast-paced NFL.  Running between the tackles or running to the edge takes far less thinking or decision-making.  Le'Veon became a master of waiting for his blocking to develop and then exploding.  Things did seem to click for Mixon in his final games of last year.  Here are Mixon's 19 touches in his final game of the season against the Ravens.  He looks Le'Veonesque.

• Like 2