[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Homer Team Training Camp Chatter

Chief Dick

Proceed with caution with Kareem Hunt this year. He tweaked his hamstring in OTA's and still hasn't done much, if anything, at training camp. Something to keep an eye on.

If you are IDP, keep an eye out on Reggie Ragland. Hasn't practiced yet due to his knee swelling up on the plane ride in. Something is fishy about this one ICDHO.

Browns are having trouble filling the hole left by Joe Thomas, LG Joel Bitonio has been moved to LT.

Barkley has looked really good and impressed, but is still a long way from starting (hopefully they stick to that plan).

Duke Johnson is vying for more time lining up at WR. Last year they used him in the slot a lot during camp and said they'd continue that in the season, but we didn't see it. 

Not hearing much about Hyde or Chubb.

Defense is improving, but they continue to struggle at DB with various changes or guys not available. 

James Washington showing some good chemistry with Big Ben 

Vance MacDonald is going to be heavily involved in the passing game 

Lev bell is super focused during his holdout... He's working on his grip strength , he's got his eye on the prize , and the prize is ........ cottage cheese 

https://bustedcoverage.com/2018/07/31/leveon-bell-strip-club-video-girlfriend/

34 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Browns are having trouble filling the hole left by Joe Thomas, LG Joel Bitonio has been moved to LT.

Barkley has looked really good and impressed, but is still a long way from starting (hopefully they stick to that plan).

Duke Johnson is vying for more time lining up at WR. Last year they used him in the slot a lot during camp and said they'd continue that in the season, but we didn't see it. 

Not hearing much about Hyde or Chubb.

Defense is improving, but they continue to struggle at DB with various changes or guys not available. 

We took Baker Mayfield...

• Haha 3

some chatter around new england is that trent brown looks as good as one can in camp...originally there was speculation that san fran moved him because of his commitment, weight issues and potential contract wishes...now theres speculation that the pats needed a LT and san fran did them a solid return favor for the jimmy g trade

6 hours ago, Def. said:

I'd offer something, but all the locals do here is bitch about how Roquan isn't signed yet and then talk about the Cubs ad nauseam. 

Yeah, I'm bent they can't sign the guy.  Like dubya-tee-eff?

Interested to see what happens tonight.  Probably won't see any of Howard or Trubisky.  Hopefully Kevin White dominates.  He should.

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

Yeah, I'm bent they can't sign the guy.  Like dubya-tee-eff?

Interested to see what happens tonight.  Probably won't see any of Howard or Trubisky.  Hopefully Kevin White dominates.  He should.

Rumor is he wants it in contract that Bears can't reclaim/stop bonus for any reason, including personal conduct suspensions, drug test failures, and etc...Bears supposedly willing to give on the language for the new tackle rule (not take money due to on field fines or tackle suspensions), but not that far.  Can't say I blame them really either. 

Edited by Def.
  • Like 1

Ajayi looks to be in command of the backfield. Everyone loved Corey Clement last year, and he exploded during the Super Bowl...and will likely be over-drafted because of it. Ajayi in a contract year with Blount and his goal-line TDs gone to Detroit? Enjoy.

Richard Rodgers has impressed at TE, should easily slide into the Trey Barton role.

Agholar will likely be a WR1 in PPR leagues this season. He will be Wentz's slot machine.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I went to training camp this past Saturday.

Looks like Landry's gonna be a ball hog and caught a short touchdown in 11 on 11s.

Rashard Higgins is showing separation and getting lotsa looks.

Antonio Callaway is quick with decent route skills. Looks like what the previous front office wanted Corey Coleman to be.

Hyde got first team reps.

I didn't see Chubb play much.

Njoku was doing catch repetition drills.

• Like 2

For the first time in what seems like decades, there is a love fest happening at Jets camp between the usually ascerbic beat reporters and this young team.  I've been to camp only once so far this year, but follow the plethora of tweets from all the beat reporters and from Jetsnation.com.  There hasn't been this much positivity in many, many years.  1st and foremost, Darnold, after having missed the first 2.5 days of practice while his agent hammered out some contract language, has been getting the majority of reps, and many with 1st team.  2nd: keep your eyes on RB Trenton Cannon.  He is impressing out there every single day.   

Sam Darnold TD pass to Trenton Cannon, but what stands out there was how fast he went through his progressions #jets

— Zach Braziller (@NYPost_Brazille) August 6, 2018

The dude is a rookie & he just went through three reads without batting an eye before finding his guy for touchdown. He’s been at camp a week. https://t.co/6si8tjLe9L

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) August 6, 2018

Connor further detailing the play and everyone is still in absolute shock from what they seen.

Note: Darnold is solid on the run. His accuracy and decision making on the run is remarkable. #Jets

— LoyalNYJetFans (@loyalnyjetfans) August 6, 2018
  • Two plays on this drive Darnold has bought extra time before throwing it away out of bounds...small but important for a rookie, not forcing throws or throwing picks, willing to get to the next play #JetsCamp #Jets

#Jets QB Sam Darnold looks so poised and fluid today. Making terrific throws on the pocket and on the move. Victimized by some drops, but it's so obvious....

You know what I'm talking about. #JetsCamp

— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) August 6, 2018

Great full-field awareness by Sam Darnold, who scanned the left and middle part of the field on a red zone drill before firing a strike to a wide open Trenton Cannon on the far right side for a TD.

THIS is the kind of stuff that has the Jets giddy about the rookie QB. #Jetscamppic.twitter.com/ZNB3KvB66X

— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) August 6, 2018

Rookie Trenton Cannon is lighting it up at RB.  He will be the #3 behind Crowell and Bilal Powell for sure.  I think Rawls gets cut within the next week or two.  Canon has shown he can pick up the blitz as well.  

typical tweet for Cannon: 

Impressive would-be touchdown run from Trenton Cannon. Found little crease and burst through on left side of line. Turned on the afterburners to reach end zone #Jets

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) August 6, 2018

Not much else to report about Jets camp, except rookie TE Chris Herndon is flashing well out there.  He will likely face a suspension at some point due to his horrible DUI arrest (way over the limit and involved in an accident at 5 am on I-80).  All the reports about Bridgewater doing well too.  I think most of that is hype because Bridgewater will likely be trade bait after a QB or 2 go down with injuries elsewhere.  Bridgewater looked no more than average to me when I went to camp last week.

Edited by Dcat

3 hours ago, loaf said:

Looks like Landry's gonna be a ball hog and caught a short touchdown in 11 on 11s.

Antonio Callaway is quick with decent route skills. Looks like what the previous front office wanted Corey Coleman to be.

Sounds like Callaway is doing what they expected from Coleman, and he's just a rookie. 

One guy to pay attention to on the Chiefs is WR Demarcus Robinson.

He and Mahomes played a lot together on the scout team, and have also developed a great rapport in the preseason games last year.  I would not be shocked to see him catch a fair amount of balls this year.

With the weapons they have, that doesn't necessarily mean a lot, except Mahomes likes him. Might be a guy you draft in the last round of your draft and stash for a few weeks.

Bengals Camp:

Mixon is poised for a big year if he can get in sync with the O-Line.  There’s top 5 RB upside here in PPR leagues.  He’s still going late 2nd early 3rd in draft.  Great upside pick with some risk.  Tyler Boyd has been the best WR in camp not named AJ Green.  Ross is going to be given a much longer leash this year, but loving Boyd as a last round flyer.  He could return WR3 value this year.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:29 AM, loaf said:

I went again yesterday and nothing's changed. But Njoku was getting lotsa looks in 11 on 11s. And making the catches.

Keelan Colen, Dede Westbrook or DJ Chark will surprise a lot of people in Fantasy this year. Good luck figuring out which one it will be. I'm putting my money on either Westbrook or Chark.

Moncrief has been pretty silent so far.

Fournette looking good.

Yeldon might be a good depth pick. But I'm thinking Corey Grant will finally get his chance to shine. Guy just looks straight explosive anytime they toss him the ball I don't know how they can keep ignoring him.

Bortles struggled against Viking's first team in practice. But looked great in first preseason game. I know a lot of people hate on him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him be fantasy viable again this year if you like to sleep on the QB spot.

IDP - Leon Jacobs was a late round pick and walked onto our Pro-Bowl littered defense and acted like he belonged there. Won starting job, simply amazing for a guy picked in the 7th round. Not sure what value a LB has in the IDP slot but he's worth taking a look at because I promise you not a lot of people know who he is yet.

Everyone here is worried about the inconsistent play.  It's just been up and down everyday, and with the division being tight they'd really like to start getting some consistent offense generated.  Injuries have also been a concern as September keeps getting closer and they need to get some of their guys back to figure out this lineup.  Even with that no one is sure they have the starters lineup needed to make a push in the playoffs. 

Oh and in Bears news they're happy Roquan is signed and that's about it.  This Cubs minute brought to you by Gibson's. 

35 minutes ago, Inziladun said:

But I'm thinking Corey Grant will finally get his chance to shine. Guy just looks straight explosive anytime they toss him the ball I don't know how they can keep ignoring him.

Grant is an enticing fantasy pick.  I like my handcuff picks to have star potential if they get the starting job.  Corey Grant fits the bill.