[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Homer Team Training Camp Chatter

Chief Dick

5 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Grant is an enticing fantasy pick.  I like my handcuff picks to have star potential if they get the starting job.  Corey Grant fits the bill.

With how Rod Smith has been looking... and behind that Cowboys OL... Smith fits the bill too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, darin3 said:

With how Rod Smith has been looking... and behind that Cowboys OL... Smith fits the bill too.

I like the Rod a lot.  He has little competition as backup and he has the body to handle 20+ touches per game if Zeke were to get hurt or suspended.  It would be impossible not to be a top 10 fantasy running back while getting 20 touches a game behind the Dallas offensive line.  Corey Grant, on the other hand, would probably be in an equal timeshare with Yeldon if Fournette were to get hurt.  But I think Grant could do special things will his 15 touches per game.

A lot of people don't like drafting handcuffs unless they own the starter.  I love drafting handcuffs.  I like my players to have star potential even if they are on the bench.  I don't like wasting roster space on wide receivers that have a ceiling of WR3.  And you know what you have in a handcuff.  If the starter is healthy, the handcuff is dropable.  If the starter is hurt, you have a potential stud.  When you draft a wide receiver late in the draft or pick one up in free agency, you never know what you have.  Even when they do well you don't know what you have.  It makes them tough to drop and also tough to start.

Edited by michaelredd9