[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty trade

jvonsak

In a 1 ppr, we are keeping 9 guys. We start 1 QB, 2 rb, 3 wr, te and 1 off. Player(can be a qb)My current roster is 

Qb-wentz and jimmy g

Rb- bell, Freeman and mckinnon, mack

Wr-m. Thomas, baldwin, cooks, watkins, Sheppard, Garcon, parker

Te-gronk

I am being offered Zeke elliot,  aj  green and Mike evan's for bell, thomas and my 6th pick in the 2nd round.   Stick with what i have or pull the trigger on the deal

Not an easy decision, but I like Bell better than Zeke.  Thomas, eh, and Evan is without Winston first (3)…I imagine your 2nd rounder is a rookie?  12 Teams, I assume.  So if you think the points are the same or similar for Zeke (how does it project?).  So here it is... Zeke RB1, AJ Green top WR2 and a rookie/sleeper for Bell RB1, Thomas mid-low WR2 and Evans WR3??  You've talked me into it...do it.

9 hours ago, HailHelmet said:

Not an easy decision, but I like Bell better than Zeke.  Thomas, eh, and Evan is without Winston first (3)…I imagine your 2nd rounder is a rookie?  12 Teams, I assume.  So if you think the points are the same or similar for Zeke (how does it project?).  So here it is... Zeke RB1, AJ Green top WR2 and a rookie/sleeper for Bell RB1, Thomas mid-low WR2 and Evans WR3??  You've talked me into it...do it.

So the deal is actually me giving up bell, michael thomas and my pick, and me getting Zeke, green and Evan's. 10 man league. 

I'm not seeing the benefit.  In terms of this year, Bell > Zeke and Thomas > or = AJ.  So the question becomes is Evans so much more valuable then 2.6? 

Looking at keepers I'm guessing right now you'd keep Wentz, Jimmy (cause Superflex), Bell, Freeman, McKinnon, Thomas, Baldwin, Cooks, and Gronk. 

If you make the trade you would have to sub Evans in for someone otherwise what is the point?  Who you dropping at that point?  Jimmy or Cooks?  In either case, is there that much of a benefit?  

I'd stick with the flexibility of the pick 2.6 at this point, Evans is not that much of an upgrade in this setup over Jimmy or Cooks and I'd rather have Bell/Thomas than Zeke/AJ. 

8 hours ago, Def. said:

I'm not seeing the benefit.  In terms of this year, Bell > Zeke and Thomas > or = AJ.  So the question becomes is Evans so much more valuable then 2.6? 

Looking at keepers I'm guessing right now you'd keep Wentz, Jimmy (cause Superflex), Bell, Freeman, McKinnon, Thomas, Baldwin, Cooks, and Gronk. 

If you make the trade you would have to sub Evans in for someone otherwise what is the point?  Who you dropping at that point?  Jimmy or Cooks?  In either case, is there that much of a benefit?  

I'd stick with the flexibility of the pick 2.6 at this point, Evans is not that much of an upgrade in this setup over Jimmy or Cooks and I'd rather have Bell/Thomas than Zeke/AJ. 

Does the fact that its 9 keeper 10 man league change it? The 2nd round pick would really be the 107 pick. I'm certain Evan's is well more valuable then what will be there. Likely bench rb/wr or rookies not I'm the first tier of rookies 

14 hours ago, jvonsak said:

Does the fact that its 9 keeper 10 man league change it? The 2nd round pick would really be the 107 pick. I'm certain Evan's is well more valuable then what will be there. Likely bench rb/wr or rookies not I'm the first tier of rookies 

It's not so much about Evan's value vs the pick, its about his value over your already existing keepers.  Does the difference between Evans and Cooks or Evans and Jimmy G make up the difference between Bell/Thomas over Zeke/AJ?  If it does in your opinion then make the trade, but if it doesn't then hold off cause otherwise its trading just to trade. 

1 minute ago, Def. said:

It's not so much about Evan's value vs the pick, its about his value over your already existing keepers.  Does the difference between Evans and Cooks or Evans and Jimmy G make up the difference between Bell/Thomas over Zeke/AJ?  If it does in your opinion then make the trade, but if it doesn't then hold off cause otherwise its trading just to trade. 

Exactly - if this was a trade being made after keepers are declared, it's a whole new dynamic and I think a more likely accept.

But, if we agree that Bell/Thomas is nominally better than Zeke/AJ, it comes down to is Evans worth that 2nd round pick plus the player you can no longer keep, which is either Cooks/McKinnon/Garrapolo.  Given the lineup requirements, it shouldn't be Jimmy G. Given the positional scarcity of RBs, it shouldn't be McKinnon. And given the Winston suspension and possible continued upward rise of Goff and the Rams offense, I think arguments could be made about whether or not Evans is even more valuable than Cooks straight up, much less with the addition of an early pick (even after accounting for keepers)