[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All keepers are officially set. Who to take!?!?!?!?

opopopop

12 team .5ppr 2 keeper league. 1qb 3wr 2rb 1te 1wr/rb/te 

I’m picking 5th and have kept Bell and Beckham. Here’s the players kept of the teams picking before me.

Team 1-Elliott,Johnson

Team 2-will fuller,Lynch guy is and idiot horrid roster

Team 3-Julio,Gurley

Team 4-Keenan Allen,McKinnon 

Team 5-MY PICK

Here is who is still available 

barkley

michael thomas

davantae Adams 

baldwin

evans

TY Hilton

kelce

ertz

Hill

Thielen

mixon

Diggs

Guice

drake

Obviously Barkley and Thomas will be first 2 picks. Who would your targets be for my team picking 5th????? As you can see a ton of rbs were kept including McCoy 

I would monitor Baldwin injury. He does have a lot of time before the season begins. He should see a lot of targets now that Graham and Richarson is gone. I dont see Marshall taking much away.

Adams has his shot to shine with being the number 1 receiver for Aaron Rodgers. A lot of trust there.

Evans has some questionable qb for the first few weeks of the season. But should see a lot of targets as well.

I'd rank Adams, Baldwin and Evans

Help with mine please...

Edited by Basket018

I'll be in the minority with this opinion, but assuming Barkley, Thomas and Adams are gone, I might actually swing for the fences with Guice.

Yes, he's a rookie and an unknown, but everything I am reading thus far has been extremely positive, he has a legit shot at being a high volume back and the kind of player that is a no brain keeper in this type of league, and I'd say odds are very high he would not be there with your next pick (nor will any decent RB value, especially with 2 required plus a flex), while decent WR value will still be there in the next couple of rounds.

Plus I think with Bell and Beckham already on board, you can afford to take a bit of a swing for the fences.

5 minutes ago, Big Country said:

I'll be in the minority with this opinion, but assuming Barkley, Thomas and Adams are gone, I might actually swing for the fences with Guice.

Yes, he's a rookie and an unknown, but everything I am reading thus far has been extremely positive, he has a legit shot at being a high volume back and the kind of player that is a no brain keeper in this type of league, and I'd say odds are very high he would not be there with your next pick (nor will any decent RB value, especially with 2 required plus a flex), while decent WR value will still be there in the next couple of rounds.

Plus I think with Bell and Beckham already on board, you can afford to take a bit of a swing for the fences.

I agree with this,  Adams, Guice, Evans

4 hours ago, Big Country said:

What’re your thoughts on taking Kelce and pairing him with Bell and obj? Highest I’ve ever taken a TE is 5th round last year and that was Olsen 

1 hour ago, opopopop said:

What’re your thoughts on taking Kelce and pairing him with Bell and obj? Highest I’ve ever taken a TE is 5th round last year and that was Olsen 

It's about where his ADP is and I couldn't fault you too much for wanting to take him, but he would have to keep performing as the #1 TE by a decent margin with a new QB to justify the pick IMO.

Me personally I'm passing at that cost and targeting guys like Graham, Engram, Olsen and even Rudolph that can usually be had 3-4 rounds later with what I see as less of a likely production drop compared to the drop at RB and WR in those same rounds.

4 minutes ago, Big Country said:

It's about where his ADP is and I couldn't fault you too much for wanting to take him, but he would have to keep performing as the #1 TE by a decent margin with a new QB to justify the pick IMO.

Me personally I'm passing at that cost and targeting guys like Graham, Engram, Olsen and even Rudolph that can usually be had 3-4 rounds later with what I see as less of a likely production drop compared to the drop at RB and WR in those same rounds.

So who would you be targeting first two rounds? 

17 hours ago, opopopop said:

So who would you be targeting first two rounds? 

One of Barkley, Thomas, Adams, Guice with the first pick. Baldwin concerns me as we don;t know much about the knee and whether or not he will actually be ready for the start of the season. If we knew he was healthy then he is easily in the top 5 available players for you. With the question marks, I think you need to weight the options of Mixon or Evans (even with Winston out first few weeks)

For your 2nd pick, if you get an RB in the first, then you pretty much have to go WR in the 2nd (unless something unlikely like Kelce falling happens).

If you go WR in the first, then you simply go best player available in the 2nd - based on the list you have above, that will most likely be a WR in the Thielen or Diggs range.

I already said above where I would lean if Barkley and Thomas are gone - I'm willing to swing hard for the fences and take Guice at your pick then focus on WR in the 2nd and likely 3rd (again, comes down to what value is on the board)

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

One of Barkley, Thomas, Adams, Guice with the first pick. Baldwin concerns me as we don;t know much about the knee and whether or not he will actually be ready for the start of the season. If we knew he was healthy then he is easily in the top 5 available players for you. With the question marks, I think you need to weight the options of Mixon or Evans (even with Winston out first few weeks)

For your 2nd pick, if you get an RB in the first, then you pretty much have to go WR in the 2nd (unless something unlikely like Kelce falling happens).

If you go WR in the first, then you simply go best player available in the 2nd - based on the list you have above, that will most likely be a WR in the Thielen or Diggs range.

I already said above where I would lean if Barkley and Thomas are gone - I'm willing to swing hard for the fences and take Guice at your pick then focus on WR in the 2nd and likely 3rd (again, comes down to what value is on the board)

You don’t think it’s be better to take Kelce with my first and have a reliable guy, than to swing for the fences with Guice? If Adams or Evans fall they will be my pick. But possible it goes Barkley,Thomas,Adams,Evans first 4. I’ve heard rumor of the guy that picks 3rd is going rb being Mixon. Because he let him go 

Edited by opopopop

37 minutes ago, opopopop said:

You don’t think it’s be better to take Kelce with my first and have a reliable guy, than to swing for the fences with Guice? If Adams or Evans fall they will be my pick. But possible it goes Barkley,Thomas,Adams,Evans first 4. I’ve heard rumor of the guy that picks 3rd is going rb being Mixon. Because he let him go 

As I said earlier, I wouldn't fault you for going the perceived safe route, but it's not what I would do. Kelce needs to perform as the #1 TE for it to make sense from a value perspective - he's got a new QB and additional weapons (ie Watkins) that may take targets, so while he is a fairly safe bet to be a top 4 TE, my approach would be to take the swing with Guice who could be a top 10 back, and save my TE pick for one of the guys I mentioned above who may only be 2-2.5 PPG or so lower than Kelce but available 3-4 rounds later. You can't say the same about the RBs that would be available that much later.

It's a gamble for sure, but other than team 1 of the keepers you posted, you appear to have the best set of keepers, and I am the type that would take the gamble to try win the league. If your keepers were not as strong, then I'd be more inclined to play it a bit safer earlier on.

On 8/9/2018 at 12:57 PM, Big Country said:

As I said earlier, I wouldn't fault you for going the perceived safe route, but it's not what I would do. Kelce needs to perform as the #1 TE for it to make sense from a value perspective - he's got a new QB and additional weapons (ie Watkins) that may take targets, so while he is a fairly safe bet to be a top 4 TE, my approach would be to take the swing with Guice who could be a top 10 back, and save my TE pick for one of the guys I mentioned above who may only be 2-2.5 PPG or so lower than Kelce but available 3-4 rounds later. You can't say the same about the RBs that would be available that much later.

It's a gamble for sure, but other than team 1 of the keepers you posted, you appear to have the best set of keepers, and I am the type that would take the gamble to try win the league. If your keepers were not as strong, then I'd be more inclined to play it a bit safer earlier on.

Well now that, that’s not an option. Who’s your pick now? 

On 8/9/2018 at 12:57 PM, Big Country said:

?

Well, Guice is out for the year.

1) barkley

2) michael thomas

3) davantae Adams 

4) baldwin

evans

TY Hilton

kelce

I think Baldwin will be GTG by week 1.  Winston is out for some weeks (2 or 4 weeks) I do not remember.  I think Luck will be GTG for week 1 and have a decent rebound year, thus TY being very good again.

If you think Kelce is better then what Evans and TY can offer, the you roll with him.  I would go with TY.

35 minutes ago, XFlash said:

Well, Guice is out for the year.

1) barkley

2) michael thomas

3) davantae Adams 

4) baldwin

evans

TY Hilton

kelce

I think Baldwin will be GTG by week 1.  Winston is out for some weeks (2 or 4 weeks) I do not remember.  I think Luck will be GTG for week 1 and have a decent rebound year, thus TY being very good again.

If you think Kelce is better then what Evans and TY can offer, the you roll with him.  I would go with TY.

You like TY over Baldwin? 

yes, based on Luck playing and throwing motion looking good.  I see more upside with TY (as compared to last season).

Baldwin should be good, but he really does not have anybody consistent along side him (WR or TE).

Baldwin, Evans, Hilton, Kelce - can really make arguments for either of the 4, and can pretty much assume neither is coming back to you in the next round.

With the 3 required WRs plus a flex, I'd probably be inclined to go with one of the WRs. I pass on Kelce for the same reasons as I did above - can get talent at TE with less of a PPG drop off several rounds later compared to the other positions.

Baldwin - most likely to be the most consistent of the 3, even with the knee issue, but not playing in preseason at all gives me pause. He's however the least likely to give you any sort of monster game

Evans - questions about how he will do while Winston is out. Numbers were way down from 2016 last year and closer to his 2015 year - does he bounce back with another big even year performance, or was last season more indicative of what to expect?

Hilton - prototypical boom/bust type guy, with one week being multiple TDs, the next being a 50 yard game, but with Luck back and supposedly looking better, I'd expect an uptick in his numbers closer to 2016 where he was a low end WR1 for fantasy (i put him low end due to inconsistency)

Given you already have what would be considered high end and consistent guys in Bell and Beckham, much like I was willing to gamble on Guice, I'd probably gamble on Hilton having more boom and less bust games this year, but Bell/Beckham should let you survive those bust games with their own potential for the huge game.

10 hours ago, Big Country said:

Baldwin, Evans, Hilton, Kelce - can really make arguments for either of the 4, and can pretty much assume neither is coming back to you in the next round.

With the 3 required WRs plus a flex, I'd probably be inclined to go with one of the WRs. I pass on Kelce for the same reasons as I did above - can get talent at TE with less of a PPG drop off several rounds later compared to the other positions.

Baldwin - most likely to be the most consistent of the 3, even with the knee issue, but not playing in preseason at all gives me pause. He's however the least likely to give you any sort of monster game

Evans - questions about how he will do while Winston is out. Numbers were way down from 2016 last year and closer to his 2015 year - does he bounce back with another big even year performance, or was last season more indicative of what to expect?

Hilton - prototypical boom/bust type guy, with one week being multiple TDs, the next being a 50 yard game, but with Luck back and supposedly looking better, I'd expect an uptick in his numbers closer to 2016 where he was a low end WR1 for fantasy (i put him low end due to inconsistency)

Given you already have what would be considered high end and consistent guys in Bell and Beckham, much like I was willing to gamble on Guice, I'd probably gamble on Hilton having more boom and less bust games this year, but Bell/Beckham should let you survive those bust games with their own potential for the huge game.

I checked the scoring from these guys in my league last season. Kelce out scored Evans,ty,Baldwin and Hill 

33 minutes ago, opopopop said:

I checked the scoring from these guys in my league last season. Kelce out scored Evans,ty,Baldwin and Hill 

True, but there are changes for this season.

Kelce has new QB and better #2 WR.

Hill has a QB that can throw long.

TY now has a healthy Luck.

Baldwin injured, but suppose to be GTG for week 1?

Evans has suspended QB for a few weeks.

12 minutes ago, XFlash said:

True, but there are changes for this season.

Kelce has new QB and better #2 WR.

Hill has a QB that can throw long.

TY now has a healthy Luck.

Baldwin injured, but suppose to be GTG for week 1?

Evans has suspended QB for a few weeks.

So you’re saying?