[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All keepers are officially set. Who to take!?!?!?!?

opopopop

13 hours ago, opopopop said:

I checked the scoring from these guys in my league last season. Kelce out scored Evans,ty,Baldwin and Hill 

Then take Kelce. I've laid out the reasons I would pass on him and go another route in quite a bit of detail in earlier responses, but also clearly stated why I would understand if that was the route you wanted to go and wouldn't fault you, as it may well be the safest play. Other than Guice getting hurt, nothing has changed since we were having this same discussion on Thursday/Friday.

I'm pretty sure most all QBs outscored Kelce, but you don't see anyone clamoring to take one early.

2 hours ago, Big Country said:

Then take Kelce. I've laid out the reasons I would pass on him and go another route in quite a bit of detail in earlier responses, but also clearly stated why I would understand if that was the route you wanted to go and wouldn't fault you, as it may well be the safest play. Other than Guice getting hurt, nothing has changed since we were having this same discussion on Thursday/Friday.

I'm pretty sure most all QBs outscored Kelce, but you don't see anyone clamoring to take one early.

Well I would hope starting qbs would outscore him. But qb is also a DEEP position. Is TE a deep position? 

59 minutes ago, opopopop said:

Well I would hope starting qbs would outscore him. But qb is also a DEEP position. Is TE a deep position? 

Already covered - you can get TEs like Graham, Olsen, Engram 3 rounds later (based on current ADP) with a much less likely loss in PPG than the drop you are looking at from the other positions.

Again, not sure how much more clear I can be - Kelce is a safe and understandable pick, and you seem pretty set on wanting to take him and looking for validation of that mindset - take him. No one would fault you. All I (and a few others) are saying is that it is not the route we would take with the pick.

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

Already covered - you can get TEs like Graham, Olsen, Engram 3 rounds later (based on current ADP) with a much less likely loss in PPG than the drop you are looking at from the other positions.

Again, not sure how much more clear I can be - Kelce is a safe and understandable pick, and you seem pretty set on wanting to take him and looking for validation of that mindset - take him. No one would fault you. All I (and a few others) are saying is that it is not the route we would take with the pick.

Just trying to figure out why you think the drop off at wr is much greater. Kelce outscored all those WRs mentioned above. So essentially Kelce would be my wr2 and my wr3 would be taking on the other opponents TE. Would you agree most wr3’s are going to outscore the other opponents TE? Jimmy Graham is all TD dependent. Only other TE I like is Delanie Walker 

Because I think the drop from Kelce where you are looking to take him to a guy like any of the TEs I mentioned and including Walker, whose ADPs are in the 5th-7th round (based on the ADP tool here at thehuddle) is not as steep as the drop from having an Evans/Hilton/Baldwin type as your WR2 compared to having a guy like Watkins/Jones/Hogan/Crabtree who are the WRs at the same ADP as those TEs.

You can roll out a lineup with Bell/Beckham/Hilton/4th round guy (RB perhaps)/5th round guy(WR3 perhaps)/one of those TEs whose ADP is all later than the 60th pick(or best TE available)

or

You go Bell/Beckham/Kelce/4th round guy (RB2)/5th round guy (WR2)/6th round guy (WR3)

I personally see those TEs that you can get in the 6th being a more consistent option as a starter than relying on a Marvin Jones/Sammy Watkins type every week.

2 hours ago, Big Country said:

Because I think the drop from Kelce where you are looking to take him to a guy like any of the TEs I mentioned and including Walker, whose ADPs are in the 5th-7th round (based on the ADP tool here at thehuddle) is not as steep as the drop from having an Evans/Hilton/Baldwin type as your WR2 compared to having a guy like Watkins/Jones/Hogan/Crabtree who are the WRs at the same ADP as those TEs.

You can roll out a lineup with Bell/Beckham/Hilton/4th round guy (RB perhaps)/5th round guy(WR3 perhaps)/one of those TEs whose ADP is all later than the 60th pick(or best TE available)

or

You go Bell/Beckham/Kelce/4th round guy (RB2)/5th round guy (WR2)/6th round guy (WR3)

I personally see those TEs that you can get in the 6th being a more consistent option as a starter than relying on a Marvin Jones/Sammy Watkins type every week.

True. I’m leaning Baldwin because he will be a target monster. Injury has me worried tho. TY is boom or bust 

7 hours ago, Big Country said:

or

Here’s my squad 

Brees

beckham

evans

gordon took the risk round 8 

Bell

ajayi

kelce got 4th round 

Royce Freeman 

bench

Mack

jamal Williams 

stills

lockette 

mahomes 

wilkins 

d jax 

James Washington 

Nice - Kelce in the 4th is great value IMO, and if Gordon can reclaim even 80-85% of what he was you have a stacked WR group.  RB2 (and flex) are areas where I'd be looking for upgrades if opportunities present themselves, but overall appears to be a solid 12 team roster.

What round did you take Brees - just curious if it cost you a shot at a better RB2/flex or not and what other QBs may have been available a couple rounds later.

8 hours ago, Big Country said:

Nice - Kelce in the 4th is great value IMO, and if Gordon can reclaim even 80-85% of what he was you have a stacked WR group.  RB2 (and flex) are areas where I'd be looking for upgrades if opportunities present themselves, but overall appears to be a solid 12 team roster.

What round did you take Brees - just curious if it cost you a shot at a better RB2/flex or not and what other QBs may have been available a couple rounds later.

In round 8 there definitely wasn’t a better rb2 or flex than Ajayi or Freeman. Only two rbs went between my Brees pick and Marlon Mack pick and those were Kerryon Johnson and Peyton Barber 

Edited by opopopop