[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade draft picks? HELP ME DECIDE!!

nhaworth34

League Info: 10 Team 1ppr

I currently have the #2 pick in snake draft and the player drafting at #5 has offered me the following trade:

He gets my 1st round (#2) and my 4th round (40th)

I get his 2nd round (#16) and his 3rd round (#25)

So, in retrospect, I will have 0 first round picks, 2 2nd round picks, 2 3rd round picks and 0 4th round picks.

I would have picks #16, #20, #21 and #25

Im torn and not sure what I should do.........HELP ME DECIDE!!

Your giving up a lot of talent in first round.

So he is going to have the 2nd pick and the 5th pick?... No that is not a good decision. He could potentially have a top 2 RB and Antonio Brown.  I would not do that trade as is/

Try swapping 1st's and try to get his 3rd. you can give him your 4th or 5th.

Help with mine please..

Edited by Basket018

I would even take your 4th or 5th off the board and ask to swap 1st picks and you get his 4th or 5th. That it. So you will pick 5th inthe 1st round and will have either 2 4th rounders or 5th rounders.

I assume he wants the 2nd pick? or you looking to trade it? I

4 minutes ago, Basket018 said:

I would even take your 4th or 5th off the board and ask to swap 1st picks and you get his 4th or 5th. That it. So you will pick 5th inthe 1st round and will have either 2 4th rounders or 5th rounders.

I assume he wants the 2nd pick? or you looking to trade it? I

Im trying to get as many top ranked players as I can and feel that having 4 of the top 25 ranked could help but I do agree that I am giving up a lot by trading away the 2nd pick. He asked me if I wanted to trade him spots in the draft. He would go at 2 and I would go at 5 (i was looking to trade down a bit). I came up with this trade offer. I did this once a few yrs ago and ended up winning the league but who knows lol 

I assume you would go RB with the 16th?.. Could have choices from McCaffery, Fournette, Mckinnion, Freeman, Mixon and Howard.

Would you choose any of those over Bell or Gurley though? Especially in PPR.

Then you pick 3 more spots later at 19 right. Could get Adams, AJ, Evans and Theilen, TY. Which are good receivers. People you would be getting anyway with it being your normal draft slot.

So would have Bell or Gurley and one of those WR on your team. Which isn't that bad at all

then you draft in the 3rd which is 2 picks later. You could have 3 top 20 players on your team.

Edited by Basket018

Terrible trade for you - why drop 14 spots in the very beginning of the draft to only move up 15 spots later in the draft. Value is not linear, so you are giving up a hell of a lot more value than you are gaining. You would need to be getting a much bigger improvement to make it even close to worth it - more like giving up your 7th for his 4th