[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guice torn ACL

Big John

9 hours ago, LordOpie said:

a partial tear is better? I thought a partial tear is just a complete tear waiting to happen?

I thought a partial tear would heal faster then a complete tear.

I see your point thought.

Found this:  Partial vs Complete ACL tear  There are more details about the injury.  Surgery seems to be the be choice, but still depends on the individual and how well rehab goes.  Here is a clip from the article.

Natural History

What happens naturally with an ACL injury without surgical intervention varies from patient to patient and depends on the patient's activity level, degree of injury and instability symptoms.

The prognosis for a partially torn ACL is often favorable, with the recovery and rehabilitation period usually at least 3 months. However, some patients with partial ACL tears may still have instability symptoms. Close clinical follow-up and a complete course of physical therapy helps identify those patients with unstable knees due to partial ACL tears.

Complete ACL ruptures have a much less favorable outcome without surgical intervention. After a complete ACL tear, some patients are unable to participate in cutting or pivoting-type sports, while others have instability during even normal activities, such as walking. There are some rare individuals who can participate in sports without any symptoms of instability. This variability is related to the severity of the original knee injury, as well as the physical demands of the patient.

About half of ACL injuries occur in combination with damage to the meniscus, articular cartilage or other ligaments. Secondary damage may occur in patients who have repeated episodes of instability due to ACL injury. With chronic instability, a large majority of patients will have meniscus damage when reassessed 10 or more years after the initial injury. Similarly, the prevalence of articular cartilage lesions increases in patients who have a 10-year-old ACL deficiency.

terrible news for the kid.  I had my eyes on him for a rookie draft.  Was thinking he was the 2nd best rookie RB.  Now I plan to draft him late and IR him for next year, but it's all a matter of who wants to sacrifice the earleiesrt pick to do so because no doubt there ore others looking to do same.