[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Dallas wide receiver will score the most fantasy points?

michaelredd9

Gallup Poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dallas wide receiver will score the most fantasy points?

• Allen Hurns
    • Cole Beasley
    • Terrence Williams
    • Tavon "12 to 24 touch" Austin
    • Michael Gallup
    • Deonte Thompson
    • None will be better than a WR4

This post made me realize I have zero interest in any of these guys...and that's probably a mistake for FFL. Someone will catch the ball, even if it's not pretty. I have no faith in Allen Hurns so I voted Beasley, more as a total no-confidence vote in Tavon TBH. In a real draft I'd probably pick Gallup for his relatively better ADP value. I'd be interested in what the Dallas homers think.

• Like 2

I voted for Cole.  I think Dak is going to lean on him.  Dak likes the short passing game and Beasley's quickness allows him to get instant separation.  It's a perfect match.  In 2016, Dak had a passer rating of 110.2 on quick passes which was second best in the league.  Beasley was the main reason for that success.  However, injury is a big concern for Cole because of his smallness.  Every hit he takes over the middle is a risk of injury.  But I think he'll be ppr gold while healthy.  If Beasley does get hurt, I'll probably make lowball trade offers for Hurns since he'll probably take over slot duties and could become Dak's favorite short passing game target.

Galloping Michael Gallup is intriguing.  I usually avoid rookies and I probably won't draft Gallup but he is in a great situation.  Beasley, Hurns, and Austin are all at their best while playing the slot.  Hurns will probably be forced to play on the outside and he isn't athletic enough or fast enough to get separation.  Getting separation is necessary to be effective on the outside.  Gallup could end up being Prescott's favorite downfield target because he can get separation.  And while Dak may prefer the short passing game, he is effective throwing downfield.  He only threw deep on 8.8% of passes last year which ranked 27th in the league but his adjusted completion percentage on deep passes was 4th best in league.  His passer rating on deep passes was 106.2.  The Dallas coaching staff will look at the metrics and will probably try to get him to pass deep more frequently.  Gallup could be the beneficiary of that increased deep passing.

Edited by michaelredd9