[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many carries will Christian McCaffrey get?

michaelredd9

Workhorse or no?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How many carries with Christian McCaffrey get?

• 300+ carries
    • 250-299 carries
    • 200-249 carries
    • 150-199 carries
    • 100-149 carries
    • Fewer than 100 carries

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:35 AM, michaelredd9 said:

CJ Anderson didn't get a carry last night until 4:29 was left in the second quarter.  Maybe they do intend on giving McCaffrey the opportunity to be a workhorse.

I think Anderson will still be involved of course...just don't think youll be seeing the same type of work, that stewart got last year, for him.....I think youll see Anderson in at least 3 series a game and maybe some goal work too here and there...but I don't think they are gonna pull mccaffrey near the goal line automatically anymore

58 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Stew had 732 total yards, 8 catches, and 4 TDs.

CJ had 1076 yards, 28 catches, and 4 TDs.

You think CAR brought in CJ to reduce his work load by HALF?

Maybe CMc is awesome, but some of y'all are underestimating CJ significantly

maybe I am underestimating him

but I didn't say reduce in half....but also I may retract the statement about him getting less work than stewart last year...which was about 200 carries....I could see about the same....more/less depending on gameflow

now on to more important things...give me your take/insight on the Denver backfield....I drew the #1 in my high stakes league and am  considering freeman at the 2/3 turn if hes still around...am I stupid for this?

25 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

you did, because you said less than JStew, and to be less than, that's about half of CJ's normal. I stand by my thinking that CJ gets more touches than CMc. Maybe CJ gets less total points, but CJ is going to be a factor.

i don't like it.

you do realize Anderson has only had 200+ carries once in his career right?

and uhhhh...thanks for the insight...but I was kinda hoping youd tell if you liked/didn't like AND why? or is that too much?

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2018 at 4:30 PM, MTSuper7 said:

Since when is 5-11, 205 pounds considered small for an NFL running back? I don't understand that criticism of McCaffrey. I'll agree that he's maybe not prototypical of a bellcow, but people are acting like he's Warrick Dunn.

Here is a list of RBs similar-ish in size to McCaffrey:

LeSean McCoy (5'11", 210)

Kareem Hunt (5'11", 215)

Devonta Freeman (5'8", 206)

Alex Collins (5'10", 208)

Aaron Jones (5'9", 208)

Jerick McKinnon (5'9", 205)

Some of the above might not be bellcow material, but we've seen McCoy and Freeman fare just fine in the NFL. And Alex Collins was a workhorse the last half of 2017. I guess my point is that we shouldn't assume McCaffrey can't handle the workload based on his size. He seemed to do well with a bellcow role at Stanford (averaged 23.6 carries at over 6 yards per in his last two seasons there). That doesn't mean NFL success is guaranteed, but I would be surprised if we didn't see his total touches climb near or slightly above 20 per game. I chose 200-250 carries, but I think it'll be the high end of that number (15 carries/game = 240 over the season). I think 280+ touches is a near lock.

ETA: I forgot to add Dalvin Cook to the above list (5'10", 210). I've not heard anyone express concern with his bellcow-ability.

This was an interesting thread before the season started. For what it's worth, Christian McCaffrey is currently averaging 19.9 touches per game. He is on pace for 315 total touches this year. It seems like a really distant memory worrying about C.J. Anderson having a role. McCaffrey is a first rounder next year, hands down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MTSuper7 said:

This was an interesting thread before the season started. For what it's worth, Christian McCaffrey is currently averaging 19.9 touches per game. He is on pace for 315 total touches this year. It seems like a really distant memory worrying about C.J. Anderson having a role. McCaffrey is a first rounder next year, hands down.

People put him I'm a box. After all, he's the "white running back". For that reason a lot of people didn't take him serious. Everyone realizes now that the kid can flat out play. He can do it all.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

People put him I'm a box. After all, he's the "white running back". For that reason a lot of people didn't take him serious. Everyone realizes now that the kid can flat out play. He can do it all.

It's sad that race is even being brought up in this situation. Mike Alstott, one of my all time favorites, was big and white. Either way, I based my prediction (200-249) on his size. Him and Kamara are used in a similar fashion and they both can ball! 

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

It's sad that race is even being brought up in this situation. Mike Alstott, one of my all time favorites, was big and white. Either way, I based my prediction (200-249) on his size. Him and Kamara are used in a similar fashion and they both can ball! 

Alscott was the stereotype. Big slow white guy. But he was the man! Like it or not it's a real stereotype. You can choose to ignore it but it's true. Of course he's crushed those stereotypes and proven he's legit. But it was real during his Stanford days when coming out of College. And to a degree it will always be with him.