[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rashaad Penny hand injury

DMD

Not the way you want to start the year but at least it isn't long-term... so far...

Rashaad Penny, the Seahawks’ first pick in the 2018 NFL draft, suffered a hand injury that includes a broken finger in practice on Monday, multiple sources told the Seattle Times.

It was later reported by Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the league’s official flagship network, that Penny flew to Philadelphia Tuesday night to have surgery to repair the broken finger and that he will be out 3-4 weeks. That would mean he might be able to return for the regular season opener on Sept. 9 at Denver but would likely miss the remainder of the preseason. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll is expected to meet the media on Wednesday and clarify the injury.

This is not good for Penny's development.  He needs reps.  I don't think he'll now be able to win the starting job before their week 7 bye.  It could even be a lost year for fantasy purposes.  This improves the stock of Mike Davis.  He still isn't roster worthy but I will now be keeping an eye on him.  Davis only averaged 3.5 ypc last year but he looked good at times.  I don't think McKissic or Prosise would be considered for the main ball carrying role.

Edited by michaelredd9