[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction Keeper league Advice

Irvin088

104B8B30-22AC-4043-972D-B722A866378E.thumb.jpeg.ed8ba60a40576d02d8ff913bbc1b522f.jpegHey All,

10 team league/non-ppr/auction/$200

I get to keep 3 guys at the price I drafted them.  To me, Le’Veon Bell ($28) and Keenan Allen ($30) are no-brainers; but I’m struggling to choose between Dalvin Cook ($34), Zeke Elliot ($45) and Derrick Henry ($2) since he’s so cheap and has upside.  Most of the top talent will be kept, so top tier other than rookies are often slim pickings.

i would appreciate any thoughts!

Note: Bell is so cheap b/c I drafted him as a rookie for like $8 and pay an extra $5 each year to keep him.  Julio Jones would be $49 to keep which seems a bit over priced.  I can’t keep undrafted players.

Bell/Zeke for sure - only $73 of your $200 budget.

For the third, I'm having trouble deciding if I'd want to keep Diggs at $8 for the value play, or go with Allen at $30 which is probably a fair price. I'm not opposed to wrapping up half of your cap on three top players, but it does limit your flexibility a bit. I think right now I lean slightly to the higher upside of Allen here, but I have flip flopped on that in my head so many times that I could easily be talked into (or talk myself into) thinking that Diggs is the play.

Part of the decision is your knowledge of the league - is it possible that you could keep Diggs for $8 (I doubt he goes that low in the auction) and still get a quality WR in the auction in the 25-35 range? If you think you can do that, thus locking up two of the top RBs and two strong WRs for a little over 55% of your budget, you would be golden. If it's more likely that other owners will have the cap room and any decent WR available would go for $40+, then I think you lock in Allen at the $30 price.

14 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Bell, Elliott and Henry.  I wouldn't spend that much on Allen in a non PPR league

Interesting approach - Henry is definitely a value buy for $2, but is limited to flex and bye coverage. OP would be locked into a WR focus in the auction, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

OP - you know better than us - what WRs (other than the ones you have) are likely to be available and generally what do they go for in the auction? Would you be able to get a Julio back for less than 40ish or Allen for less than 30ish? I'll still assume Diggs goes for more than 8, but if you only used $75 on your top 3 backs, could you restock the WR shelves for say about $60-65 then fill in the rest of your lineup and bench with value adds?

37 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Interesting approach - Henry is definitely a value buy for $2, but is limited to flex and bye coverage. OP would be locked into a WR focus in the auction, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

OP - you know better than us - what WRs (other than the ones you have) are likely to be available and generally what do they go for in the auction? Would you be able to get a Julio back for less than 40ish or Allen for less than 30ish? I'll still assume Diggs goes for more than 8, but if you only used $75 on your top 3 backs, could you restock the WR shelves for say about $60-65 then fill in the rest of your lineup and bench with value adds?

I totally missed Diggs for $8.  I still like Henry's value better at $2, but if he is against keeping 3 RBs, I'd keep Bell, Zeke and Diggs and still have a decent budget left over

Thanks for the comments. I think I’d prefer to stay away from keeping 3RBs, but not a bad idea.  As for your questions on who will/won’t be available:

I can almost guarantee these WRs will be kept by others:

Antonio Brown

DeAndre Hopkins

Michael Thomas

Mike Evans

Davante Adams

Tyreek Hill

Adam Thielen

These WRs have a good chance of being kept:

OBJ

Fitzgerald

TY Hilton

So there are not a ton of high end WRs other than Julio who I’ll let go and maybe Aj Green and OBJ since they would be an expensive keeper.  Here was market value for a the higher end (non kept) WR last auction.  You can tell people way overpay...

OBJ: $59

AJ Green: $52

Brandon Cooks:$40

Amari Cooper: $39

Demaryus Thomas: $33

terrele Pryor: $28

Jordy Nelson: $42

Golden Tate: $20

Alshon Jeffrey: $34

So really I got Allen for a steal.  I gotta imagine he’ll go for $40+ If he’s redrafted. Sure Diggs will be higher than $8, but he has a lower ceiling than Allen, who was top 5 last year.

thanks again.

17 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

In my opinion, yes. 

I agree it'd be nice to have Bell, Zeke and Allen, but then more than half of your budget is blown

You’ve convinced me...I’m going Bell/Zeke/Diggs!  Diggs could be a killer long term keeper if he blows up with Cousins.