[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dalvin Cook to split carries with Murray?

michaelredd9

This could be from a local media member who doesn't know what they are talking about.  But it's not inconceivable since the Vikings are playing for the Superbowl and want to keep Cook healthy for the playoff run.  This reconfirms my preference of drafting two wide receivers at the end of the first round/beginning of the second round.

Dalvin Cook and Latavius to split carries?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12138/dalvin-cook

According to Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Dalvin Cook and Latavius Murray could "split a good bit of the rushing load" this season.
Coach Mike Zimmer said it's "too early" to think about how carries will be distributed, though he said both will be "factors." Murray played well down the stretch last season and could work in tandem with Cook, who is coming off a torn ACL. Cook is still the back to own for fantasy purposes, though Murray's presence makes him a tough sell as an RB1. Aug 17 - 4:48 PM

There's a recent quote from Dalvin Cook to the effect that he wants himself and Latavius to be the best "one-two" in the league. Personally, even an 80-20 split would bump Cook out of the first round/early 2nd for me. He'll take more workload as the year goes on but the slow start will hurt from the FFL perspective.

If I was picking at the end of the first round and cook was still available I would be extremely happy! There is also no way that I would draft Thomas, Allen or Beckham over Cook.

If Cook is considered a top 10 Running Back, I would draw a huge line under his name signifying a huge drop off after him.

that is with Fournette in and McCaffrey out, IMO.

Edited by MikesVikes

On 8/18/2018 at 2:45 PM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

dont care if people think its a reach

This.  Too many times over the years my gut has told me to ignore my 'rankings' sheet and take the guy I want but who is 5 or 6 behind the 'best available'.  But what do I do?  I ignore my gut and go with the top ranked guy.  Every year I kick myself in week 2 for going against my gut.  This year im all about going with my gut - may not look good initially but Ill have no regrets.

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

This.  Too many times over the years my gut has told me to ignore my 'rankings' sheet and take the guy I want but who is 5 or 6 behind the 'best available'.  But what do I do?  I ignore my gut and go with the top ranked guy.  Every year I kick myself in week 2 for going against my gut.  This year im all about going with my gut - may not look good initially but Ill have no regrets.

couldn't agree more...I generally use cheat sheets rankings leading up to drafts in order to get an idea as to what guys will prob be available in certain rounds/spots....but always go off my own rankings/feelings....I feel like too many go off cheat sheet rankings and play it safe.....ive learned I do better when I do my own thing.......

theres always a round/area of the draft where you look and see a bunch of guys that don't excite you at all...I will reach a full round(maybe even up to 18 or so spots) or more over their usual ADP to get a guy I like rather than take someone that I have ranked higher who doesn't excite me

I like ascending players and players I feel are more talented than their ADP  but may be dropped lower because of a poor previous year but have an improving situation(ie gurley last year)

id honestly rather take a beating all year than do so/so with a boring team that was all "safe" by the rankings...sometimes you might even be able to find a nice mix of safe and upside/gut guys

• Like 1

What's the difference if you take a player late in round 1, or early in round 2, not much, he's not making it back to you, make it fun take the guy you wanted have some fun!! I have the 10th pick in a 12 team std. in our league we have had some real strange picks, ( qb at 1stpick) defense in the 2nd, so you just have to wait and see who falls to you.,

On 8/21/2018 at 6:40 AM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

couldn't agree more...I generally use cheat sheets rankings leading up to drafts in order to get an idea as to what guys will prob be available in certain rounds/spots....but always go off my own rankings/feelings....I feel like too many go off cheat sheet rankings and play it safe.....ive learned I do better when I do my own thing.......

theres always a round/area of the draft where you look and see a bunch of guys that don't excite you at all...I will reach a full round(maybe even up to 18 or so spots) or more over their usual ADP to get a guy I like rather than take someone that I have ranked higher who doesn't excite me

I like ascending players and players I feel are more talented than their ADP  but may be dropped lower because of a poor previous year but have an improving situation(ie gurley last year)

id honestly rather take a beating all year than do so/so with a boring team that was all "safe" by the rankings...sometimes you might even be able to find a nice mix of safe and upside/gut guys

There's certain rules I think people should generally follow to have success in fantasy football. Not reaching for Defenses, not reaching for QBs, not reaching for Kickers, Not reaching for Tight Ends. Not that you need to follow these rules to have success, but you typically can spot someone who knows how to play and someone who's just rolling the dice by how they draft these three positions alone.

If you like a guy, take him if you think he's not going to fall to you in the next round. Seems like common sense to me.

Edited by Inziladun

i missed this and am glad i saw it now before my main draft . Pretty high on  Cook with 12 pick but now i am not as comfortable and would likely pass

honestly cook is being a nice guy and good team player but i want my early picks obsessed with being # 1 and hogging the work

On 8/18/2018 at 5:11 PM, stethant said:

There's a recent quote from Dalvin Cook to the effect that he wants himself and Latavius to be the best "one-two" in the league. Personally, even an 80-20 split would bump Cook out of the first round/early 2nd for me. He'll take more workload as the year goes on but the slow start will hurt from the FFL perspective.

To say an 80-20 split would bump someone out of the first round is a bit odd. Gurley had 61% of his teams carries last year (82% between him and Malcolm Brown).

Le'Veon Bell had 84% of his teams RB carries.

I think an 80-20 split is totally reasonable to expect, and I'd be ecstatic if my RB1 was guaranteed that volume.

• Like 1