[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How far does Shirley Temple in NY drop for injury fear

Cowboyz1

Every time I see Odell and his Shirley Temple hairdo just makes me wanna to cringe for and at him. Seriously, how can you take a guy seriously when clearly looking pretty is far more important than playing pretty and all season. Do blonde curly cues plus his historical antics paint a big huge target on him to get lit up every chance the defense gets just to knock the pretty little blonde curls out of his hair for a day, week, 4 to 6 weeks or even the season. For the simple pleasure of knocking those stupid looking Shirley Temple, blonde, Jerry curl out of his star crazed head. 

When will this kid get it. If I were on defense I would have a running bet on who knocks out Shirley Temple. Stupid if you ask me. The kid is a head case. I just can't figure on when, where or even if I will draft this vainly talented fool who clearly is looking to stand out more off the field then perhaps on it. Goofiest thing I have seen for a player trying to right his way on a team and league. I wonder what the old school NFL players would have to say about it. I suspect like me, won't last with that kind of target created.

28 minutes ago, Zooty said:

Odell is no Dez for sure

Odell is perhaps the best WR in football when he is on the field. That being said, I still don't understand why he would look like that. Kind of like Corey Coleman the kid with 1000 pair of shoes. Sure do what you like with your money but it just makes you wonder what goes through a guys head. 

I see Odell and I see a guy that loves the attention more then he loves playing football. Secondly, I see a guy that if I were on defense would want to smash. Call me an old fuddy duddy but I just don't get the look coming off a couple seasons of crazy and injury. Seems to me you would just try to focus on football and let your play do the showing and telling. Coming out looking like a freak makes no sense to me.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I agree 100% with op.
 I would think last season would be a learning point for this kid , add to that a full yr. of maturing and retrospect ; I could see him surpassing expectations.
OR  he goes off the deep end and leaves the fans shaking their heads again.
Flip a coin.

Edited by Front Row
sp
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Front Row said:

I agree 100% with op.
 I would think last season would be a learning point for this kid , add to that a full yr. of maturing and retrospect ; I could see him surpassing expectations.
OR  he goes off the deep end and leaves the fans shaking their heads again.
Flip a coin.

For the record Row I wasn't just taking a Giant hating shot at the kid but seriously wondering what goes through the kid's head when he knows all eyes from his teammates, to his fan base, to his opponents, are all looking to see where he is at and he shows up out of the gates with a blonde freaky looking Jerry Curl. I'm not hip to the new styles but to me I seriously wonder about the kid's judgement about the first "look" he wants to present to the world to start a new season. As one having a high pick in a few drafts it concerns me. Obviously I'm not him but if I were him I would go with a normal fade, button up my chin strap and make damn sure my teammates, fans and opponents only perception is that I'm fit, fast and focused on football. Maybe he is just that despite the hair. However, seems to me he's just as concerned about making a fashion statement or trending a fad than anything else.

I mean seriously, why would he want anyone talking about his hair at this point in his season or career?

Something is screaming in me to pass on the kid this year. Or maybe it's much to do about nothing and he's just always going to be a flamboyant diva wide out like we've seen countless times over the years.

Curious what the NY folks are seeing. 

Edited by Cowboyz1

Odell makes the most endorsement money of any player in the NFL.  He has a fashion line.  He hangs out with Drake, LeBron, and Kardashians.  He is the favorite player of people who spend a lot of money on clothes, shoes, and other products.  His style and flamboyance are the reasons for his off-the-field success.  He doesn't lose a dime for people hating him.

I don't like the guy but that doesn't affect my fantasy decision.  I have Odell at number 2 on my wide receiver board.  If he stays healthy and unsuspended, Beckham has a floor of 300 and a ceiling of 400.  Antonio Brown is the only other receiver who can claim that floor and ceiling.

Edited by michaelredd9

On 8/18/2018 at 4:50 PM, Cowboyz1 said:

Odell is perhaps the best WR in football when he is on the field. That being said, I still don't understand why he would look like that. Kind of like Corey Coleman the kid with 1000 pair of shoes. Sure do what you like with your money but it just makes you wonder what goes through a guys head. 

I see Odell and I see a guy that loves the attention more then he loves playing football. Secondly, I see a guy that if I were on defense would want to smash. Call me an old fuddy duddy but I just don't get the look coming off a couple seasons of crazy and injury. Seems to me you would just try to focus on football and let your play do the showing and telling. Coming out looking like a freak makes no sense to me.

Funny still no mention of your massive man crush for years on one of the biggest prima donna WRs in the NFL who had plenty of his own antics that would cause people to dislike him and opponents to want to break his body in half.

May not be pure NY Giant hating, but I doubt you'd be talking as much about it if he played for the Saints, or the Patriots. 

So what, the guy died his hair blonde (first I'm hearing of it), BFD. Does that make him unstable and unfit to play football or be a top WR? 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Funny still no mention of your massive man crush for years on one of the biggest prima donna WRs in the NFL who had plenty of his own antics that would cause people to dislike him and opponents to want to break his body in half.

May not be pure NY Giant hating, but I doubt you'd be talking as much about it if he played for the Saints, or the Patriots. 

So what, the guy died his hair blonde (first I'm hearing of it), BFD. Does that make him unstable and unfit to play football or be a top WR? 

First off, Dez wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, nor was he much better at keeping his emotions from pouring out all over the sideline, camera mike, teammates, coaches or fans for that matter. However, I never saw Dez get in a fight with a kicking net and lose. What most people saw on the sideline was Dez yelling and throwing a tantrum about not getting the ball believing that he could make the difference in games no matter what quarter, what the score was or who was covering him. Most every time he lost his top was because he wanted to win so badly he couldn't take the thought of not being able to help his team win. I loved that about him because if he was one thing it was win crazy. He practiced as hard as anyone, would play with a broken anything if he could, yet didn't have it all between the ears to ingest the entirety of the NFL game when it comes to it's subtle nuances and how to overcome being schemed to be taken out of the game by defensive coordinators. Given his background it's a wonder he made the kind of progress he did when it comes to speaking publicly, his family life and his professional career. 

Dez was all about football and I don't believe anyone would question his passion to play and win. I don't recall Dez ever giving up on game day and most of his sideline antics were trying to move his team to winning. I can say this for certain, I never once wondered where Dez's head was at to begin a season or if he would make it through one after he got over his off the field kid stuff. Nor did I ever see him care more about what he looked like off the field then how he looked on it. Dez was about football and I can't say that about OBJ for sure yet. Does it make him unstable and unfit to play football or be a top WR, thats precisely why I posted this thread. Coming out with a hairdo like that is making me question it. I guess we will find out.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Predictable, I doubt you'd be as supportive of Dez if he were not a Cowboy or as critical of OBJ if he were a Cowboy.

if the question is his play on the field and ability to be an elite WR for fantasy purposes, the blond hair means nothing.