[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Royce Freeman

indyrckstar

When is a good round to target him?

Do you believe he will get the majority of the carries at Denver?

Can you envision him being a top ten RB by seasons end?

I have the 3rd overall pick in a ten team league.  I am planning to take whoever is left between Todd Gurley, Levion Bell or Ezekiel Elliot.  On pick 18, I figure all the top RBs are gone and probably a good handful of WRs.  My thought is to take Gronk with that pick and come back around on pick 23 for Royce Freeman.  I'm assuming he won't be there in round 4 (pick #48).   

Royce's adp is still in the 5th round.  In a 0 flex league, there is a 70% chance he will be available on the 4/5 turn.  In a 1 flex league there is a 40% chance he is available.  In a 2 flex league, there is a 20% chance he will be available.  Why make a guy an average pick at the 2/3 turn when he could be a great pick at the 4/5 turn? 

At a minimum, you should trade your 3rd and 4th for someone else's 3rd and 4th.  It is easy to trade down in the 3rd round.  But personally, I'd use that high 3rd round pick on something like Gronk or Mixon instead of taking a chance on an unproven rookie.

6 hours ago, LordOpie said:

he's just another guy. The only reason people love him is because of the opportunity... but that opportunity is nothing more than the lack of quality competition. That doesn't make for success.

the real FF winner, based on value, is Case Keenum.

ya...the only reason people love him is because this guys #1 rated back, cj anderson, was allowed to walk by the broncos and sign elsewhere for 500k and freeman is the only one standing who doesnt suck completely

it has nothing to do with the 2 td runs so far in which he displayed some impressive agility for a 230 back...or the fact that denvers offensive line is a decent run blocking unit and they have a pretty decent schedule vs the run.....and that booker kinda looks like he stinks

• Like 1

for the record...i have #1...and have been thinking about taking him at the 2/3 turn.....just at least considering it....most likely wont tho....but i will see whats left at that point and make the call then

i do agree with michael though....if you have a mando TE then something like gronk/mixon there is a better play most likely...i was actually thinking about a gurley then mixon/freeman to start....but most likely will try to nab a wr with another back at the 2-3 turn..ideally that back would be mixon...but if rbs are flying and mixon doesnt make it i may have to consider something drastic

i would prob reach for a guy like freeman than pluck a higher ranked rb that i dont really like

Royce Freeman's day-to-day MFL10s adp (each day has about 30-60 drafts):

July 21st 62.03

July 22nd 60.92

July 23rd 62.06

July 24th 62.57

July 25th 61.15

July 26th 63.87

July 27th 63.14

(training camp begins)

July 28th 61.77

July 29th 63.26

July 30th 63.03

July 31st 63.41

Aug 1st 65.52

Aug 2nd 64.51

Aug 3rd 64.28

Aug 4th 63.59

Aug 5th 63.52

Aug 6th 63.80

Aug 7th 63.69

Aug 8th 64.35

Aug 9th 63.56

Aug 10th 62.07

(First preseason game Aug 11th 7:00pm mountain time)

Aug 11th 59.43

Aug 12th 56.90

Aug 13th 57.27

Aug 14th 48.55

Aug 15th 51.40

Aug 16th 53.26

Aug 17th 51.86

(Second preseason game Aug 18th 7:05pm mountain time)

Aug 18th 52.03

Aug 19th 50.24

Aug 20th 49.26

Edited by michaelredd9

35 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

July 21st 62.03

July 22nd 60.92

July 23rd 62.06

July 24th 62.57

July 25th 61.15

July 26th 63.87

July 27th 63.14

(training camp begins)

July 28th 61.77

July 29th 63.26

July 30th 63.03

July 31st 63.41

Aug 1st 65.52

Aug 2nd 64.51

Aug 3rd 64.28

Aug 4th 63.59

Aug 5th 63.52

Aug 6th 63.80

Aug 7th 63.69

Aug 8th 64.35

Aug 9th 63.56

Aug 10th 62.07

Aug 11th 59.43

(First preseason game)

Aug 12th 56.90

Aug 13th 57.27

Aug 14th 48.55

Aug 15th 51.40

Aug 16th 53.26

Aug 17th 51.86

Aug 18th 52.03

(second preseason game)

Aug 19th 50.24

Aug 20th 49.26

in all honesty I think hes going to be a 3rd rounder by the end of the week/start of next....hes going to be a play to win pick....freeman in the 3rd could be one that busts you or makes you tough.....I have denvers run schedule as one of the best in the league...and while denvers offensive line overall isn't very good they did grade out I think 9th overall in the run game which isn't bad at all

they have a good d and want to run the ball...I think this guy is touching 15 carries a game at minimum....and things could get better if he earns their trust in pass pro/receiving

7 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Royce's adp is still in the 5th round.  In a 0 flex league, there is a 70% chance he will be available on the 4/5 turn.  In a 1 flex league there is a 40% chance he is available.  In a 2 flex league, there is a 20% chance he will be available.  Why make a guy an average pick at the 2/3 turn when he could be a great pick at the 4/5 turn? 

At a minimum, you should trade your 3rd and 4th for someone else's 3rd and 4th.  It is easy to trade down in the 3rd round.  But personally, I'd use that high 3rd round pick on something like Gronk or Mixon instead of taking a chance on an unproven rookie.

We don't allow trades in our league.  We do have flex RB/WR.   

After doing some research on his performance, I now have mix feeling about him.  I was leaning towards 3rd round but now might just go with another guy.   IMO, the 3rd round pick will be difficult to pick.

5 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

in all honesty I think hes going to be a 3rd rounder by the end of the week/start of next....hes going to be a play to win pick....freeman in the 3rd could be one that busts you or makes you tough.....I have denvers run schedule as one of the best in the league...and while denvers offensive line overall isn't very good they did grade out I think 9th overall in the run game which isn't bad at all

they have a good d and want to run the ball...I think this guy is touching 15 carries a game at minimum....and things could get better if he earns their trust in pass pro/receiving

Yep.  I also believe he will end up in the 3rd round.  Especially if he has another decent preseason game.  I doubt he plays in the 4th preseason game.

It's one of those gambles though.  Kinda like myself last year with Mixon and Kamara.  I thought these guys would be good but really Kamara stood out.  Mixon was alright but that oline was bad.  For Freeman, I believe his only real competition is Booker.  If that's the only real obstacle, it would almost be by default with Freeman getting most of the carries.  Lindsay might be a concern too.  

1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

We don't allow trades in our league.  We do have flex RB/WR.   

After doing some research on his performance, I now have mix feeling about him.  I was leaning towards 3rd round but now might just go with another guy.   IMO, the 3rd round pick will be difficult to pick.

what have you discovered about his performance that gives you a mixed feeling? just curious and looking for any insight as I'm just as intrigued about freeman.....

I honestly haven't watched much of his work this preseason...but ive def seen his td runs and he displayed some nice agility for a guy with his bulk....also I think only 2 guys in the draft, at rb, had a better 3 cone and shuttle......I know hes a bulkier guy and prob doesn't have breakaway speed and may take some time to get going full steam...but he appears to have some feet

33 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Once I read that setting before accepting an invite, thats where Id stop and bow out..

We tried it several years ago and it was down right shady.  There are these two twins that traded one another to help build up a roster.  Then a 3rd guy who wasn't really fantasy football but just a filler for a team traded to these guys to once again build a roster.   The moment the commissioner tried to nix some of the trades, all hell broke loose.   Since we are all friends for a long time, we decided the best way to fix it was to end it.  Nobody even thinks twice about it now as that was like 8-9 years ago.  

9 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

We tried it several years ago and it was down right shady.  There are these two twins that traded one another to help build up a roster.  Then a 3rd guy who wasn't really fantasy football but just a filler for a team traded to these guys to once again build a roster.   The moment the commissioner tried to nix some of the trades, all hell broke loose.   Since we are all friends for a long time, we decided the best way to fix it was to end it.  Nobody even thinks twice about it now as that was like 8-9 years ago.  

my high stakes did away with them the year before last....we had a week 6 deadline anyway....but hardly anyone ever made any deals and when they did it was two former partners ...and they were the only ones that made any...and every time there was huge deal made about the deals even tho we have a vote policy......we have 0 problems now...nobody is upset about it at all and its business as usual...nobody left cause of it either

6 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

my high stakes did away with them the year before last....we had a week 6 deadline anyway....but hardly anyone ever made any deals and when they did it was two former partners ...and they were the only ones that made any...and every time there was huge deal made about the deals even tho we have a vote policy......we have 0 problems now...nobody is upset about it at all and its business as usual...nobody left cause of it either

We were going to implement a 60% approval (only ten teams) but people are going to bitch if it doesn't go their way.  Literally dozens of emails of people arguing over trades back then.  

I am not totally against it.  However, we are at a point that nobody brings it up anymore.   We have been in the same group for almost 20 years.  The biggest change we made was adding flex players about 2-3 years ago instead of the old school tradition of 2 RB and 3 WR.   IMO, it worked out well.  

56 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

We were going to implement a 60% approval (only ten teams) but people are going to bitch if it doesn't go their way.  Literally dozens of emails of people arguing over trades back then.  

I am not totally against it.  However, we are at a point that nobody brings it up anymore.   We have been in the same group for almost 20 years.  The biggest change we made was adding flex players about 2-3 years ago instead of the old school tradition of 2 RB and 3 WR.   IMO, it worked out well.  

it always seemed everyone was afraid to get ripped off or wanted something for nothing......i remember a few years ago one season in particular......(i think at this point we had the deadline at week 10 and then next year moved it to week 6 cause people were upset about it giving too much time to tell youre probably out of it and dumping guys)...after about 6 weeks or so(i cant remember exact week now)...i kicked the tires on some underperforming players on some teams terrible teams way down the bottom of the standings...it double W/L so some teams were already deep in the hole.....i think one guy was demarco in philly and a few others.....i started talks by asking what they might want..... i got replies from that team and the others that they werent interested(in even opening talks)......

then i had luck and russ wilson that year( was it the same year or the year before?) when luck tossed 40 tds...obviously i was starting him every week...wilson had decent passing numbers but had like 700 plus rushing with 6 tds.......a guy i was competing with near the top was weak at qb and wanted to talk about wilson....he was only willing to give waiver wire money...lol..i know the guy is pretty shrewd but hed have to think i was pretty dumb to give him a good starting qb during a championship race to use against me.....for some pretend money

3 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

If you were all friends the twins wouldn't be trying to cheat and screw other owners. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

If you were all friends the twins wouldn't be trying to cheat and screw other owners. 

In an ideal bunch of friend world, I would agree.  

i about quit over some shadiness many years ago.  Then the active commissioner asked me to be co-commissioner with him.   I know I won't cheat and will damn well make sure others won't do so either.  So I accepted the gig...

On 8/21/2018 at 5:53 AM, michaelredd9 said:

July 21st 62.03

July 22nd 60.92

July 23rd 62.06

July 24th 62.57

July 25th 61.15

July 26th 63.87

July 27th 63.14

(training camp begins)

July 28th 61.77

July 29th 63.26

July 30th 63.03

July 31st 63.41

Aug 1st 65.52

Aug 2nd 64.51

Aug 3rd 64.28

Aug 4th 63.59

Aug 5th 63.52

Aug 6th 63.80

Aug 7th 63.69

Aug 8th 64.35

Aug 9th 63.56

Aug 10th 62.07

(First preseason game Aug 11th 7:00pm mountain time)

Aug 11th 59.43

Aug 12th 56.90

Aug 13th 57.27

Aug 14th 48.55

Aug 15th 51.40

Aug 16th 53.26

Aug 17th 51.86

(Second preseason game Aug 18th 7:05pm mountain time)

Aug 18th 52.03

Aug 19th 50.24

Aug 20th 49.26

While limited in carries, he scored again in a pretty good run.  I want to draft him at pick #23 (3rd round).  

Curious to see what his ADP average will be after this weekend.

5 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

While limited in carries, he scored again in a pretty good run.  I want to draft him at pick #23 (3rd round).  

Curious to see what his ADP average will be after this weekend.

i have 1, 23.& 26 in a 12 teamer high stakes tomorrow...im going to assess the situation after the guy at 22 picks and see whats left at rb......its quite possible he doesnt make it by me at 23....