[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Royce Freeman

indyrckstar

5 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Tonight:

Lindsay: 14 carries, 90 yards

Freeman: 13 carries, 37 yards

drafting Freeman because there (appeared) to be no one else on the team, so Freeman should get the bulk of the touches wasn't a very good determining factor or a path to FF success.

opie...freeman sucks...complete bust

but people didnt just like/draft him because there appeared to be no one else...there were other factors...you act like he didnt look good in the preseason...lol

I dropped him two weeks ago for Smallwood...haven't started him either.

full PPR with Sony Michel, James White, Chris Thompson, Alvin Kamara, Breida...he was never going to crack the starting lineup with the other points I had on my bench. and we can only start 2 RB tops

EDIT: I just looked. I actually drafted him in the 5th to be my RB2 but...

Edited by loaf
  • Like 1

I drafted him kinda early to be my RB2.  After week 1, he's been on my bench until last night.  Glad he at least scored before getting injured.  Hope he gets better soon, but the injury means there is one less weekly decision to worry about in that lineup.  Thanks to Lindsay, Freeman never really broke out like I thought he might.  Ito Smith....come on down!

I think he’s droppable as well. He got hurt and liable to miss some time. In that case Lindsay is going to explode. If you don’t have rb depth or anyone worthy on waivers than sure waste a bench spot on him. 

7 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

but people didnt just like/draft him because there appeared to be no one else...there were other factors...you act like he didnt look good in the preseason...lol

Freeman had potential.  He was a nice speculative pick.  But he didn't come close to justifying a 3rd round pick.  He should have been drafted in rounds 5-8 when the surer commodities were gone.  But you didn't view him as a speculative pick.  You viewed him as a sure thing.  I think the reason people so readily drank up his Kool-Aid was because of the success of last year's rookie running backs.  Last year was an aberration.  This year is the norm.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Freeman had potential.  He was a nice speculative pick.  But he didn't come close to justifying a 3rd round pick.  He should have been drafted in rounds 5-8 when the surer commodities were gone.  But you didn't view him as a speculative pick.  You viewed him as a sure thing.  I think the reason people so readily drank up his Kool-Aid was because of the success of last year's rookie running backs.  Last year was an aberration.  This year is the norm.

in hindsight my team would be beastly if i had theilen whom i loved...but felt that minny would be more balanced of an offense and cousins would lean diggs a bit more....

anyways....when looking at 3-4 round rbs alot of them werent sure commodities to begin with.....there are alot of backs in those rounds who are busted out right now too...the sure commodities were gone

and also...i may have lost a freeman but might have just gained a chubb!

10 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

might have just sprung a chubb!

Penny, RoJoDos, and Freeman looked like they had no real competition but all 3 have faltered.  Chubb, Michel, and Kerryon looked liked they might be buried on the depth chart but all 3 are potentially looking elite now.  Talent has knack for rising to the top regardless of circumstance.  It is hard to predict who will fail and who will succeed so I try to draft a few rookie running backs that fall in the fantasy draft and then hope/pray/sacrifice a goat.

4 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Penny, RoJoDos, and Freeman looked like they had no real competition but all 3 have faltered.  Chubb, Michel, and Kerryon looked liked they might be buried on the depth chart but all 3 are potentially looking elite now.  Talent has knack for rising to the top regardless of circumstance.  It is hard to predict who will fail and who will succeed so I try to draft a few rookie running backs that fall in the fantasy draft and then hope/pray/sacrifice a goat.

I was referring more to guys like lewis, drake, henry, ajayi....collins...lamar miller...prob a few others im forgetting...alot of guys in the 3-4 range have busted out...or been hurt...guess you could add mckinnon too.....thats what i was talking bout...none of those guys have justified a 3-4 round pick either

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis