[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Royce Freeman

indyrckstar

4 hours ago, darin3 said:

I remain torn on this guy.  I have a 10-team non PPR draft tonight and I'm almost positive I can get him WAY later than he's been going in drafts with more experienced owners.  I will wait and pounce if he falls.

I am in a similar situation with 10 team non-PPR.  Curious to see were he gets picked. 

10 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i hear what you're saying, now read closely...

why is Booker even on the team? If the HC is keeping this "low key" for the benefit of the RB, then really, how can the RB be all that good?

there's no valid excuse for not declaring Freeman the starter... unless he hasn't beaten out the competition. If he hasn't beaten out booker, then really, how can the RB be all that good?

maybe booker is on the team because hes a veteran? and they brought in a rookie to compete with him? 

what if freeman came in and was averaging 3.5 yards a carry and looking average like booker?  maybe denver is playing it smart and never counting on a rookie to be 100 percent ready? but maybe now that he looks like he might be maybe booker is gonna take a backseat?

if joseph is indeed playing it lowkey for freeman it is no indictment on freeman himself...its just a particular coach's way of handling the situation....how many 3rd round pick rbs are handed the starting job from day 1 or even to start the season? heck even a strong crop of 2nd round backs this year are all looking at taking a back seat.....but most of them havent outplayed the competition the way freeman 

the lions have riddick, kerryon, and blount....but as of this minute abdullah is still there too lol

13 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i hear what you're saying, now read closely...

why is Booker even on the team? If the HC is keeping this "low key" for the benefit of the RB, then really, how can the RB be all that good?

there's no valid excuse for not declaring Freeman the starter... unless he hasn't beaten out the competition. If he hasn't beaten out booker, then really, how can the RB be all that good?

Do you expect them to go into the season with only 2 rbs rostered?

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

remember travis henry from TEN? They gave him a crazy amount of money ($30mil?) and the did poop. I'd never give responsibility like to that to a guy who has nine kids from eight women. Conversely, Philip Rivers has eight kids from one woman, who he's still married.

i'm going to start a dedication thread...

ive been making that joke about rivers being the anti cromartie/henry for a few years now amongst friends

i once rented to a guy like a rivers...hard working god fearing devout christian.....when i started he had 1 step daughter...couple of years later he had like 6-7 kids up in there

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 1

Well, I drafted him and took on some high risk picks...  I am too much of a gambler but that's sorta the fun part.  Now to hope guys get healthy, off suspensions, show up for camp, etc...  Haha!!!

Carson Wentz 

Patrick Mahomes

Leveon Bell

Royce Freeman

Marc Ingram

Carlos Hyde

Josh Gordon

Emmanuel Sanders

Alshon Jeffrey

TreQuan Smith

Rob Gronkowksi

Jack Doyle

Eagles D

Panthers D

Jake Elliot

We do 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR 1 Flex (QB/RB), 1 TE, 1 Defense and 1 Kicker.

Edited by indyrckstar

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i feel like more owners would rather be right about their draft picks, their decisions, especially the high-risk ones... bragging is definitely part of FF and is fun... then be right about their team. In other words, being right about high-risk choices is more fun than winning. Not a judgement, just an observation.

Like in dynasty, i see owners trying to create the Chicago Bulls or NEP of FF dynasty teams. Create the best team over a 5-6 year run then any FF has ever. Meanwhile, other owners with their less sparkly shiny wonderful teams are doing the winning.

There's probably some truth to that.  For myself, I hate just picking the very next high ranked player available.  I like to make my own team.  I like to reach for some picks IF I believe in the player.  After contemplating about what I thought of Royce, reading on here, googling around, watching videos, etc..., I just went with my gut and went for it.  Hopefully it works out but if not, I think I got some serviceable RBs to help fix it.  IMO, Gordon is going to be fine.  I feel like a lot of smokescreen with why he didn't participate this preseason.   IMO, he was just trying to stay off that reality TV of Hard knocks.   As of today, he will play in game 1 this year. (i hope)

Now with all said, I am probably going to have to pick up a QB.  Wentz is probably out.  I don't like Mahomes week 1 matchup.  I am trying to decide if I want Noles or Tyrod Taylor in FA.   Leaning towards Taylor..

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i feel like more owners would rather be right about their draft picks, their decisions, especially the high-risk ones... bragging is definitely part of FF and is fun... then be right about their team. In other words, being right about high-risk choices is more fun than winning. Not a judgement, just an observation.

Like in dynasty, i see owners trying to create the Chicago Bulls or NEP of FF dynasty teams. Create the best team over a 5-6 year run then any FF has ever. Meanwhile, other owners with their less sparkly shiny wonderful teams are doing the winning.

if someone has created the best team over a 5-6 year run then arent they probably winning ? you act like the bulls and patriots looked pretty while everyone else won....newsflash...the bulls and patriots have won...alot

and no...i know personally i dont want to brag about my picks.....the two go hand in hand...if i gamble and im right then i am winning.....

i just generally find that in order to be really successful you have to predict and project...going off of a sheet making all value plays doesnt do it for me.....what a guy did the year before means squat to me for the upcoming year( i shouldnt say that because i do evaluate what happened to them last year as part of the next seasons process)

when im looking at freeman im not trying to pick some guy out of a hat to hope hes going to do well so i can come back here and brag..im looking at his situation....im looking at booker who i think isnt very good....im looking at denver having a decent defense to keep them in games...im looking at them having a decent qb ..im looking at them having a favorable schedule against the run.....im predicting its all going to come together for him...and thinking he could hit 1200 yards with 10 tds with a few catches in the 3rd round

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

Well, I drafted him and took on some high risk picks...  I am too much of a gambler but that's sorta the fun part.  Now to hope guys get healthy, off suspensions, show up for camp, etc...  Haha!!!

Carson Wentz 

Patrick Mahomes

Leveon Bell

Royce Freeman

Marc Ingram

Carlos Hyde

Josh Gordon

Emmanuel Sanders

Alshon Jeffrey

TreQuan Smith

Rob Gronkowksi

Jack Doyle

Eagles D

Panthers D

Jake Elliot

We do 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR 1 Flex (QB/RB), 1 TE, 1 Defense and 1 Kicker.

doesnt look like a bad squad.....

im not high on alshon...i kinda hope he stinks(i own agholor lol)....and im kinda hoping hyde stinks or gets hurt...but hes looking good right now

7 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

doesnt look like a bad squad.....

im not high on alshon...i kinda hope he stinks(i own agholor lol)....and im kinda hoping hyde stinks or gets hurt...but hes looking good right now

Not a fan either BUT i drafted him so late that i felt it was worth it.  Think it was round 11.  

Just now, LordOpie said:

:lol: the guys here will tear you a new one for that.

they don't like it when an owner hopes a player gets hurt.

haha yeah...i know...i try hard to not be one of those guys.....but thats why you take upside backups....thats why i own chubb and yeldon....both guys ahead of them have a bit of a lil history

someone drafted breida in our league....and earlier than youd expect...and now that guy is sitting on something....i dont really hope hyde gets hurt....but im making a slight bet on it....hopefully ill be so set at rb that it wont matter anyway

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

either I misspoke or you're taking this personally enough that you didn't spend a moment to comprehend. Of course those professional teams won. But do you think the HC/GM selected Michael Jordan or Tom Brady thinking, these are high-risk center-pieces of a dynasty run that will make ME look so smart? If so, Belichek would've selected Brady in the 2nd so he could declare he was a genius. 

I'm talking about owners that take silly risks or make silly trades, not because they're the right move, but because if it works, they get to declare how smart they are. They put their ego ahead of the team's likelihood of winning. That's fine, but not the point of FF.

brady and jordan came from the opposite ends of the spectrum tho....jordan was seen as a potential franchise player....brady was seen as a backup/3rd string qb....

i dunno...i dont think i really understand your analogy....but i do know what you are trying to say.....there are alot of ff players out there in the world today.....not all of them are going to be good/smart

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

how am I too far gone? do you think that Booker is good? That beating him out at the deadline means anything?

2 at 10 and 10 at 2

opie....i could care less when it happened......at the end of the day...the first regular season depth chart is released and freeman sits atop it.......thats all that really matters here

how do you know joseph didnt want to keep the veteran atop the depth chart all preseason for any one of multitiude of reasons? maybe as a message to his veterans....maybe as a motivating tool for both booker and freeman? maybe he wanted freeman to feel less pressure while getting familiar and learning his responsibilities? who cares?!?!?

it doesnt matter to me...im seeing what i wanted to see...freeman atop the first regular season depth chart release...its really all that matters

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

2 at 10, 10 at 2

you still have a hard time wrapping your mind around the concept that joseph could have been holding back the move for several possible reasons

all you see is black and white here....that freeman wasnt named the starter from day one when camp opened...lol...

keep saying 2 at 10 or whatever...it provides nothing

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

but none of those reasons speak well to the RB.

2 at 10, 10 at 2

no opie...those potential reasons i listed to not speak on freeman at all....positively or negatively...they simply speak to a potential way of a coach handling a situation

what does speak positively on freeman is that he outplayed booker in the preseason and the coach named freeman the starter for the first game

8 hours ago, LordOpie said:

In my experience, I do well when I take a calculated risk....people act like Freeman didn't score a TD 3 games in a row and has Booker as his only competition. When I take risks like this, I am typically good...and of course I want to be right because then I am more likely to win. I am not sure what you are getting at haha.

Edited by Avernus
typo
  • Like 1